The Fog (4K UHD + Blu-ray + CD) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: October 29, 2018 - September 20, 2021 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom UK
Price: £39.99 - £25.99 (Zoom) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)

81s6KqObdIL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In this 4 disc limited Collector’s Edition, John Carpenter’s classic 1980 horror THE FOG has been stunningly restored in 4K. This release is beautifully packaged with a stylish, newly commissioned illustration on the cover. It contains a UHD of the feature as well as a Blu-ray feature disc, extra features disc and the original soundtrack on CD. It also contains 5 artcards, a newly illustrated theatrical poster and booklet containing behind the scenes stills, articles and an essay from celebrated film journalist Kim Newman.

Antonio Bay, California has turned a hundred years old. As the residents of this small, quaint harbour town begin to celebrate, an eerie fog envelops the shore and from its midst emerge dripping, demonic spectres, victims of a century old shipwreck...seeking revenge.

Starring Jamie Lee Curtis, the FOG is a tense and ghoulish tale that confirms John Carpenter as a master of terror.

• 4 discs
  • (1 UHD, 1 Blu-ray feature, 1 Blu-ray extras, 1 CD Soundtrack)
  • 1 poster
  • 5 artcards
  • 48 page book

Extras:

• Retribution: Uncovering John Carpenter’s THE FOG: New Making Of / Retro documentary: A brand new feature-length documentary featuring interviews with Cinematographer Dean Cundey, production designer/editor Tommy Lee Wallace, photographer Kim Gottleib-Walker, make-up effects artist Steve Johnson, Carpenter biographer John Muir, music historian Daniel Schweiger, visual effects historian Justin Humphreys and assistant Larry Franco
  • The Shape of The Thing to Come: John Carpenter Un-filmed: a brand new featurette looking at the John Carpenter films that never were
  • Easter Egg – surprise!
  • Intro by John Carpenter – an interview with director John Carpenter originally recorded for a French DVD release in 2003
  • Scene Analysis by John Carpenter - Director John Carpenter analyses key scenes from The Fog, in an interview from 2003
  • Fear on Film: Inside the Fog (1980) - A vintage featurette which includes an interview with John Carpenter
  • The Fog: Storyboard to Film – original storyboards
  • Outtakes
  • TV Spots
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Photo gallery incl. Behind the Scenes
  • Audio Commentary with writer/director John Carpenter and writer/director Debra Hill
  • Horror's Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark - a fun tour of the film’s locations hosted by Sean Clark
  • Audio commentary with actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins and production designer Tommy Lee Wallace

From what I've seen listed online, Prince of Darkness is getting a steelbook release as its not getting the digipack treatment that The Fog, They Live & Escape from New York are getting.
I could be wrong though.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-...er-classics-4k-theatrical-home-video-release/
Steelbook is listed for Prince of Darkness for October 29th.

Yeah I saw that aswell

I'm a little disappointed and may cancel these since there won't be others to match

Why get an artist to do these and then have only ONE of them as a steelbook? I've wanted a steelbook of Prince of Darkness but wanted the poster artwork like They live, The Thing, Halloween and Big Trouble in Little China did. Not saying his artwork is crap, obviously not I like it but it's going to be weird in the collection to have these steelbooks with poster art and then one of them with brand new artwork which links into a 4K line of collectors editions (Fog, Thing, Escape etc). I wanted this...

latest

Yeah I saw that aswell

I'm a little disappointed and may cancel these since there won't be others to match

Why get an artist to do these and then have only ONE of them as a steelbook? I've wanted a steelbook of Prince of Darkness but wanted the poster artwork like They live, The Thing, Halloween and Big Trouble in Little China did. Not saying his artwork is crap, obviously not I like it but it's going to be weird in the collection to have these steelbooks with poster art and then one of them with brand new artwork which links into a 4K line of collectors editions (Fog, Thing, Escape etc). I wanted this...

latest
We already know what the artwork is for Prince of Darkness as it's shown on the 2 Disc Blu-ray release
Steelbooks will be the same artwork going by what Matt posted if I interpreted his post correctly
Unless there is different artwork he has done for the steelbooks
Amazon france have removed their listings of The Fog and They Live steelbooks

I expect all 4 titles will get steelbooks but that is to be confirmed

81Z8GZPInKL._SX342_.jpg

4k-3.jpg

Last edited:
We already know what the artwork is for Prince of Darkness as it's shown on the 2 Disc Blu-ray release
Steelbooks will be the same artwork going by what Matt posted

I expect all 4 titles will get steelbooks but that is to be confirmed

View attachment 392188

Oh I wasn't saying I didn't know what the artwork was, I even made a mention to this with "Not saying his artwork is crap" I was just saying I don't know why they wouldn't continue the steelbooks released with poster artwork.

If all 4 of these do come with steelbooks then fair enough I guess but even then They Live has already had a steelbook so I don't know why they wouldn't focus on the Carpenter films that didn't have anything for that region. Like I said it's going to be weird to have poster artwork for some of them then Matts for the others. I saw the Fog got a steelbook in France which looks more along the lines of what the others have been like. I don't mind Matts Escape from New York art but to not have the original on a steelbook first would be a massive shame, it's fantastic.

escapefromnewyork.jpg

Oh I wasn't saying I didn't know what the artwork was, I even made a mention to this with "Not saying his artwork is crap" I was just saying I don't know why they wouldn't continue the steelbooks released with poster artwork.

If all 4 of these do come with steelbooks then fair enough I guess but even then They Live has already had a steelbook so I don't know why they wouldn't focus on the Carpenter films that didn't have anything for that region. Like I said it's going to be weird to have poster artwork for some of them then Matts for the others. I saw the Fog got a steelbook in France which looks more along the lines of what the others have been like. I don't mind Matts Escape from New York art but to not have the original on a steelbook first would be a massive shame, it's fantastic.

escapefromnewyork.jpg
Amazon France have removed their listings for The Fog and They Live 4K UHD Steelbooks

Yeah I saw that aswell

latest
Not just "one of them" … rather, two of them (so far) - coming to France:-
1536429989159.png
1536430196135.png

Quite like the look of those ^ although TBH would've much preferred steelbooks with these artworks (same artist) instead ..
1536431194828.png

214721_large.jpg
/
214720_large.jpg
213623_large.jpg
/
214719_large.jpg
/
214722_large.jpg

… so that we'd have a nicer (imo) matching set in the same way as customers in region "A" got with the SFs.

I want them glow-in-the-dark too (lol) . . . and if any two should glow in the dark it's got to be PRINCE OF DARKNESS and THE FOG:-
--- ? ---------------------------------------------------------- ? ----------------------------------------
1536431536381.png
1536431108020.png

Am I right in thinking there is no 4k amaray of these or have I missed that?

Repetitive artwork lets this down IMO. The art is good, there's just too much repetition. The slip for the digipack is very thin too and the contents are a very tight fit so this will damage easily. Kind of wish I went for the SteelBooks now....

Reactions: Sigill
Maybe they've pulled the item for now?
It's a limited edition
Amazon UK and Zoom UK are sold out

HMV and Zavvi still have stock until they sell out the stock they have

Each retailer is allocated stock some retailers sell out quicker than others

Amazon sold out their allocation of escape from new york last week but is back available to pre order since today and likely due to some customers cancelling some bulk orders

Most StudioCanal limited edition Digipack Collector editions sell out shorty after release date

Reactions: snow flake