Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Purge 5 (2020)

Genre: Horror, Action, Science Fiction, Thriller

Release: 2021-07-02

Plot: Adela and her husband Juan live in Texas, where Juan is working as a ranch hand for the wealthy Tucker family. Juan impresses the Tucker patriarch, Caleb, but that fuels the jealous anger of Caleb’s son, Dylan. On the morning after The Purge, a masked gang of killers attacks the Tucker family, including Dylan’s wife, and his sister, forcing both families to band together and fight back as the country spirals into chaos and the United States begins to disintegrate around them.

The Purge 5 to be released next year

Universal has announced that the fifth film in the Purge horror-thriller franchise will be released July 10, 2020. The movie is currently untitled.

The Purge franchise — which also includes the USA Network TV show — takes place in a world where citizens are free to commit crimes for a twelve-hour period. The first film in the series, The Purge, starred Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey and was released in 2013. The movie was followed by 2014’s The Purge: Anarchy, 2016’s The Purge: Election Year, and the 2018 prequel, The First Purge. All four movies were written by James DeMonaco, who also directed the first three films.

“I have it in my head,” DeMonaco told EW last year, talking about his plans for a fifth Purge film. “I think I’m going to write it. I think it’s a great way to end it all. We want to end it all, I think, in this one, and I’m very excited. When I came up with the idea and pitched it to everybody, they seemed psyched, and I think it will be a really cool ending, how we take this one home.”

via EW

• Thanks
Reactions: jasong and DMD4k
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database