Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Founder

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]John Lee Hancock[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Michael Keaton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Dern[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wilbur Fitzgerald[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Linda Cardellini[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Offerman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Carroll Lynch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Wilson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]B. J. Novak[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kabby Borders[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Valeri Rogers[/ACTOR]

Plot: [PLOT]The story of McDonald's founder, Ray Kroc.[/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
xgSDdmAf5AP2p5Ud7tXoRSUTj1E.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
This film's going to flop. Who's going to see a film about how McDonald's became a global fast food franchise?
They can make a good film out of anything nowadays... this has a great cast, and I loved JLH's previous film, Saving Mr Banks (I haven't seen his others, so can't comment on those). I'm certainly going to check it out anyway. :)

Reactions: Flloydo
They can make a good film out of anything nowadays... this has a great cast, and I loved JLH's previous film, Saving Mr Banks (I haven't seen his others, so can't comment on those). I'm certainly going to check it out anyway. :)
The general viewing public are going to groan at the idea of a film about McDonalds though and it hardly looks like a McDonalds film kids would beg their parents taking them to see. They'd have been better off doing an animated Ronald McDonald movie.

The general viewing public are going to groan at the idea of a film about McDonalds though and it hardly looks like a McDonalds film kids would beg their parents taking them to see. They'd have been better off doing an animated Ronald McDonald movie.
It's definitely not going to break any box office records, but the idea interests me... I imagine it'll be more about the founder/characters than the company itself, kind of like Steve Jobs was. Not sure what kids have to do with it by the way... it's a drama aimed at adults.

It's definitely not going to break any box office records, but the idea interests me... I imagine it'll be more about the founder/characters than the company itself, kind of like Steve Jobs was. Not sure what kids have to do with it by the way... it's a drama aimed at adults.
Kids are arguably the target audience of McDonalds restaurants.

The second I heard about his last year I was interested, Seems like an interesting biography to me

Love Keaton anyway

I thought the social network was going to be boring (who wants to know about a man who made a website?.... Is what I thought) but as fincher made it I gave it a go and love that film. Watched it loads too. This is no different to any other biography

I want a McDonald's now :( lol

Reactions: Noodles
This film's going to flop. Who's going to see a film about how McDonald's became a global fast food franchise?

you seem to be well awere of what general viewing public thinks.

:naughty:

I'm a vegan who never eats at mac's but interested to see this. but maybe that's just me and my bad taste.

:rofl:

The second I heard about his last year I was interested, Seems like an interesting biography to me

Love Keaton anyway

I thought the social network was going to be boring (who wants to know about a man who made a website?.... Is what I thought) but as fincher made it I gave it a go and love that film. Watched it loads too. This is no different to any other biography

I want a McDonald's now :( lol
Same here dude... I hated the idea of a Facebook film at first, but ended up loving it in the end. They make films out of anything nowadays, some of which work really well. And, yeah... you can't go wrong with Keaton! :D

you seem to be well awere of what general viewing public thinks.

:naughty:

I'm a vegan who never eats at mac's but interested to see this. but maybe that's just me and my bad taste.

:rofl:

Haha, love that response

Same here dude... I hated the idea of a Facebook film at first, but ended up loving it in the end. They make films out of anything nowadays, some of which work really well. And, yeah... you can't go wrong with Keaton! :D

Even though I'm a huge fincher fan (as you know) I put the social network off for ages because I hate facebook. Giant mistake and after a few mates told me to watch it, I bought the film and the soundtrack straight away and can pretty much watch it as a comfort film too whenever.

So yeah it may be something you genuinely don't like but it don't mean the story behind it all isn't interesting.

True, Can't go wrong with Keaton

Reactions: Noodles and nefilim
Haha, love that response

Even though I'm a huge fincher fan (as you know) I put the social network off for ages because I hate facebook. Giant mistake and after a few mates told me to watch it, I bought the film and the soundtrack straight away and can pretty much watch it as a comfort film too whenever.

So yeah it may be something you genuinely don't like but it don't mean the story behind it all isn't interesting.

True, Can't go wrong with Keaton

funny, or maybe not, but - I am Fincher fan aswell. very much so. have seen all his films (expect social network) and own most of his films. but like said never watched social network. same reason as you : hate facebook.

I know the OST is great, but ...

maybe I'll give it a go now ... if I end up likeing it. I owe you one @Flloydo. but only if I do like it. :rofl:

...and what comes to Keaton, I'm happy he has done nice comeback ! I love to hate him in 'pasific heights' he is SO good/bad.

funny, or maybe not, but - I am Fincher fan aswell. very much so. have seen all his films (expect social network) and own most of his films. but like said never watched social network. same reason as you : hate facebook.

I know the OST is great, but ...

maybe I'll give it a go now ... if I end up likeing it. I owe you one @Flloydo. but only if I do like it. :rofl:

...and what comes to Keaton, I'm happy he has done nice comeback ! I love to hate him in 'pasific heights' he is SO good/bad.

If your a fincher fan then all I can say is give it a go. It's a different type of film and cast to what he usually uses and does and a much younger cast but they are all great IMO, Jesse, timberlake and Garfield are perfect in it IMO.
Oh and hammer is amazing and you get two of him

Apparently the story isn't 100% correct but who knows.

I was surprised I liked it considering my hate for facebook and I found it very interesting how it all started.

Appologies up front if you don't like it lol

I'm so happy Keaton's had a great comeback and same with Kurt Russell too,
He one of my all time favourites

Reactions: nefilim
If your a fincher fan then all I can say is give it a go. It's a different type of film and cast to what he usually uses and does and a much younger cast but they are all great IMO, Jesse, timberlake and Garfield are perfect in it IMO.
Oh and hammer is amazing and you get two of him

Apparently the story isn't 100% correct but who knows.

I was surprised I liked it considering my hate for facebook and I found it very interesting how it all started.

Appologies up front if you don't like it lol

I'm so happy Keaton's had a great comeback and same with Kurt Russell too,
He one of my all time favourites

love Kurt too. just watched him in 'used cars'. he can do comedy and action, and be brilliant.

It just looks dull to me. McDonalds is great for a quick snack but it doesn't look as though it has an interesting origin story to me.