Mondo The Fountain - OST by Clint Mansell (colored vinyl)

oceanicon

BANNED
May 18, 2014
Poland
Release: October at MondoCon / November 2, 2016 online
Purchase: Mondo
Price: 25 USD

Note: Debut at MondoCon with a special release of 500 copies, Web exclusive pressing on 180 Gram Xibalba Vinyl (Gold and Yellow Swirl with Black & White and Amber Splatter). Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson. Featuring liner notes and interview with Clint Mansell, Artwork by Nicole Gustafsson

The-Fountain-art-by-Nicole-Gustafsson-1.jpeg
Fountain_Disc_1024x1024.jpg

A longtime collaborator with filmmaker Darren Aronofsky, Clint Mansell has produced some of the century’s most iconic scores for movies like Aronfsky’s Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, The Wrestler and Duncan Jones’ Moon. The score for The Fountain is an absolute modern day masterpiece.

The score is the result of a composer firing on all cylinders, collaborating with both the Kronos Quartet and Scottish post rock band Mogwai. It’s assured, mournful, desolate, yet strikingly beautiful and offers a real warmth and depth not many composers can achieve. The penultimate track “Death is the Road to Awe” displays just how well The Kronos Quartet and Mogwai work together under the watchful eye of Mansell. It’s a staggering piece of chamber music ramped up due to the power of Mogwai that is as intense as it is spectacular. When it finally dissipates after its 9-minute runtime, there is no doubt that Mansell has earned his right to sit next to masters such as Ennio Morricone, Bernard Herrmann and Phillip Glass.

The score for The Fountain was remastered for vinyl at AIR Studios London and features all new liner notes and an interview with composer Clint Mansell. The collectible packaging features mind meltingly gorgeous artwork from Nicole Gustafsson.

“The Fountain” Tracklist

01. The Last Man
02. Holy Dread!
03. Tree Of Life
04. Stay With Me
05. Death Is A Disease
06. Xibalba
07. First Snow
08. Finish It
09. Death Is The Road To Awe
10. Together We Will Live Forever

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the double post but any way we can change "Cliff Martinez" to the actual composer "Clint Mansell" in the Original Post?

so... is anyone going to be at MondoCon? if so, would you be willing to pick one of these up for me?

I'm in Germany so I can't help but I really hope for the leftovers to go online after MondoCon.
I don't know how many they press and in which color variant but I can't see that all will sell out there...

http://theplaylist.net/exclusive-mo...re-receive-first-ever-vinyl-release-20160915/

“The Fountain” Tracklist
01. The Last Man
02. Holy Dread!
03. Tree Of Life
04. Stay With Me
05. Death Is A Disease
06. Xibalba
07. First Snow
08. Finish It
09. Death Is The Road To Awe
10. Together We Will Live Forever

“The Fountain” will be pressed on 180 gram vinyl, and available to MondoCon attendees in a limited special edition of 500 copies. The soundtrack will also be available in a general release edition starting in November.

jX1lrHXh.jpg

Reactions: dan8885
Glad that that it will street in November to the general populace, but I still want a copy of the MondoCon version just in the case its slightly different than the mass release version.