Slipcover The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone (aka The Godfather Part III) (Blu-ray Slipcover) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 7, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £14.99 (Amazon - HMV - Zoom) - £15.99 (Zavvi)

81D67Xb7abL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Last edited:
Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Godfather: Part III, director/screenwriter Francis Ford Coppola brings a definitive new edit and restoration of the final film in his epic Godfather trilogy—Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone.

Michael Corleone (Al Pacino), now in his 60s, seeks to free his family from crime and find a suitable successor to his empire. That successor could be fiery Vincent (Andy Garcia)... but he may also be the spark that turns Michael's hope of business legitimacy into an inferno of mob violence. The film’s meticulously restored picture and sound, under the supervision of American Zoetrope and Paramount Pictures, includes a new beginning and ending, as well as changes to scenes, shots, and music cues. The resulting project reflects author Mario Puzo and Coppola’s original intentions of The Godfather: Part III, and delivers, in the words of Coppola, “a more appropriate conclusion to The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II.”

81D67Xb7abL._AC_SX342_.jpg

didn't actually know this was coming. :watch: Godfather III is usually cited as the weak link in the trilogy. if Coppola can improve it (as Ridley Scott did for Blade Runner), then i'm up for that. :thumbs:

but i really dislike the new title.

Last edited:
Hope they'll release it in a box set with the others soon, sold my old box set and can't wait to get a new version

Really interested to see this. While I feel this film is the definitely the weakest in the series I always still enjoyed it. There have always been mumblings from Coppola about he was forced to do certain things by the studio that he didn't want to do.

Amazon debit card has been charged

Looks like this will be shipped from Amazon Dublin Warehouse with payment been taken already

I expect to have delivery on Saturday or Sunday

Does the slipcover spine also have the Irish rating logo? Wonder why it’s missing on the slip front.
Irish age rating logo is on the spine and back of the slip

It's not unusual Irish age rating to be not on the front of slips has happened before with a few releases

It's not unusual Irish age rating to be not on the front of slips has happened before with a few releases
Ah, was not aware of this. I only knew that the artwork is without the Irish rating logo if the rating is different from the BBFC.

Can you name a few examples where the Irish logo is on the spine/back, but missing the front?

Is this a new trend in the last few years?

Ah, was not aware of this. I only knew that the artwork is without the Irish rating logo if the rating is different from the BBFC.

Can you name a few examples where the Irish logo is on the spine/back, but missing the front?

Is this a new trend in the last few years?
There are lots of releases with different age rating these have both BBFC and IFCO logos has nothing to do with this some releases not having IFCO logos or partial missing.
You can often see a Blu-ray release have BBFC 15 and IFCO 18

In regards to missing IFCO age rating logo
A good few of releases over the years
It don't happen with all but has happened with at least 20- 30 likely lot more can't be sure on the number overall releases in my collection that is missing IFCO age rating or partly missing

There even some instances of Blu-ray/DVD amaray cases with slips with no irish age rating logo at all just has BBFC ones but the discs inside had Irish age rating logos
I don't have time to go through my collection to find which ones has I have thousands of releases in my house with a few hundred having slips

Eureka UK releases only have for example UK BBFC age rating logos no IFCO Age rating logos on slip or amaray case or disc

Last edited: