LANGUAGE: English
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1973 / Color
105 MINUTES
RATED: G
REGION FREE
Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Mysterious Island featurette / 3 Worlds of Gulliver featurette / Earth vs The Flying Saucers featurette / Original Theatrical Trailer

Limited Edition of 3,000 Units

“Horror film director [Gordon] Hessler and special effects man Ray Harryhausen combine brilliantly to trace Sinbad’s mystical voyage. The effects aren’t simply fascinating for their own sake—they genuinely convey a sense of the magical and otherworldly.” —Time Out London

“Great fun…Fast-paced and exciting, the film features some of Harryhausen’s best stop-motion animation work. Tom (television’s Dr. Who) Baker makes a marvelous villain.” —TV Guide

In The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973), animation/special effects genius Ray Harryhausen gives us another installment in the adventures of Sinbad (John Phillip Law), the swashbuckling sailor here pitted against the nefarious master of the black arts, Koura (Tom Baker). As the two race to find a magical treasure trove, Sinbad must confront a host of astonishing creatures, including a wee winged homunculus, a one-eyed centaur, and a six-armed, scimitar-wielding deity, the dreaded Kali. Featuring a spectacular score by the inimitable Miklos Rozsa (Ben-Hur), available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

Enjoy the extensive Julie Kirgo liner notes and film art packaged with the Blu-ray disc.

Last edited:
Low Quantity Alert from Twilight Time (12/29/13) - only 584 copies left.

How's the picture quality Maximus?

I thought the transfer was good overall but some scenes had a little too much grain for my taste. It's probably the condition of the print more than the actual transfe itself.

PS Caroline Munro does look beautiful though. It was very difficult to focus on anything else besides her boobs popping out of her costume whenever she's on screen :thumbs:

Reactions: PunkNinja
Both arrived on Wednesday..so I'm pretty chuffed
No more than pretty very, very
I will try and get some pics up
Thanks to NM for sharing his find and making my mind up to get both
Hope you got your Jason And a The Arga version
Or are we waiting..

Reactions: PunkNinja
Last edited:
Reactions: twiz6469
I received a damaged copy. The case and the paper cover was damaged, the disc is fine though. So contacted ScreenArchive, they have an awesome customer service and they sent me a new case with the paperworks.

New case and paperworks.
IMG_6149.jpg

Damaged case and paperworks.
IMG_6151.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maximus - I totally agree with you. The problem is I learned about this edition AFTER it got OOP/OOS (by the way, I found it only after you posted the photos here on HDN :hilarious:). Well, it's a kind of learning process for me :naughty: