The Goonies - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Exclusive #03) [Italy]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA - December 2020 (SteelBook only)
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - SteelBook
Price: €159.90 (Box Set) - €59.90 (Full Slip A-B - Lenticular) - €34.90 (SteelBook only)
Note: WEA SteelBook. Title and Willy's eye are embossed. Debossed Effect Back Artwork.

FB_IMG_1622223651607.jpgFB_IMG_1622223673745.jpgFB_IMG_1622223688689.jpgFB_IMG_1622223646427.jpg
117107989_1982163828581105_5889673505546735433_o.jpg117120681_1982752311855590_6251287298199828441_o.jpg117282233_1982804018517086_37941684981154416_o-2.jpg117288768_1982751995188955_4820674470631518404_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised all editions are still for sale.

I thought this would be a lot more popular, being WEA and all, or have people lost their patience with them?

I know it's the worst time of year, financially, but plenty of other releases I see are getting snapped up.

I thought this would be a lot more popular, being WEA and all, or have people lost their patience with them?

I know it's the worst time of year, financially, but plenty of other releases I see are getting snapped up.

it isn't sold out, and even other their editions aren't

I am not surprised at all. People have so many paid preorders with them, that i think it just gets a bit scary to bring them more money.
Even this thing is getting postponed, after all the promises and stories about contract obligations ahah

I hope to end up in heaven when I die but even in heaven it will continue to bother the crap out of me that Goonies is probably being released before Batman/Batman Returns even though I paid for the Batmans so long ago.:mad:

why is there no HDN group buy here?
still available on their site, and their previous gbs here went to their paypal anyways ... with this being their first full on official release (so it seems?) I didnt see why I needed to host a gb and essentially play customer service rep when people can order direct and it ships world wide.

sometimes a group buy can help with uber limited qty, or added layer of protection for the consumer, since money is not collected by HDN (paypal) we cant provide neither so I didnt see the point with this one. Plus I've also been crazy busy moving.

Reactions: toratora
the steelbook has got to be shipped befor Xmas or New Year as part of their contract with WB
We only know that because CM told us. But they've also said in their latest update that it will be shipping in January. So apparently it was a very flexible arrangement.

Per post 349: "Standard versions have already shipped per Carlo. The dressed-up ones are for January."
I guess nobody has received a standard version then. Apparently Birds of Prey were ready for shipping along with The Shining but I think that's down to only 20% being shipped before Christmas. Ah well let's hope CM have a new years resolution.....'get **** sorted quicker' we cannot deny the quality once received

Reactions: BluCrazy2 and DMD4k
Was it made clear the dressed up slip versions wouldn't be making the end of year cut and would ship in the new year prior to the pre-orders being taken then? AFAIK it was just said this release as a whole had to be shipped by the end of the year due to the strict WB contract, unless I am of course mistaken...

As much as I wanted to I had to hold off on this in the end, I just couldn't bring myself to hand over even more cash when I'm still waiting on several other pre-orders to materialize (Batman/Batman Returns Catwoman OC, Joker OC, Jaws Lenti, IT2 Full Slip + Box). Batman OC for me being the longest wait so far from an early Feb pre-order :cautious::bored:

Was it made clear the dressed up slip versions wouldn't be making the end of year cut and would ship in the new year prior to the pre-orders being taken then? AFAIK it was just said this release as a whole had to be shipped by the end of the year due to the strict WB contract, unless I am of course mistaken...
That's how I understood it too.

Reactions: Mickle_89
That's how I understood it too.
Exactly, so this "the dressed up slips are for January..." just sounds like something they've cooked up after the fact people have already pre-ordered on the basis it will definitely be shipping this month. *Sigh*.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to take what this company say at face value now, what with so many broken promises already. Covid or no Covid.

honestly im glad they will wait at this point. The holiday backup is horrendous and missing packages are out of control right now….looking at you Zavvi, but others as well. I have to dance around to get my FA shipment next week and also an FNAC order.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Exactly, so this "the dressed up slips are for January..." just sounds like something they've cooked up after the fact people have already pre-ordered on the basis it will definitely be shipping this month. *Sigh*.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to take what this company say at face value now, what with so many broken promises already. Covid or no Covid.
I agree. It's excuse after excuse and what you said about them cooking something up to justify sounds bang on. I would have more respect for them if they had just openly admitted way back that there is a huge backlog that they simply cannot get round to doing until next year. The smoke and mirror attempt is boring at this point.

Reactions: Mickle_89
honestly im glad they will wait at this point. The holiday backup is horrendous and missing packages are out of control right now….looking at you Zavvi, but others as well. I have to dance around to get my FA shipment next week and also an FNAC order.
I totally get that, even when they announced that they were contact bound to have them ship in December, that already sends the alarm bells ringing as it's the worst time of year to be shipping anyway. However, the main point being that is what they said would be happening, under WB contract guidelines, so once again they've failed on their word to deliver which of course comes as no surprise anymore.

Releases from them are pretty solid, but waiting time, even pre-covid is ridiculous.