The Greatest Showman (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.19) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 5, 2018
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip (4K + BD) - Double Lenti (BD) - Quarter Slip (BD Exclusive to the One Click Edition) (Pre-order on September 5 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) Find your local timings HERE
Price: $149.98 (One Click) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $43.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip (4K)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive SteelBook designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title.
The Quarter Slip (Exclusive to the One Click): Full Holofoil Slip, Embossing. Postcards (5ea). Character Cards (8ea). Envelope with Spot Gold Foil.
The Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x Super Clear 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. Booklet (Full Size). Postcards (5ea). Character Cards (8ea) . Envelope with Spot Gold Foil.
The Full Slip: Full Holofoil Slip, Embossing. Booklet (Full Size). Postcards (5ea). Character Cards (8ea). Envelope with Spot Gold Foil.
The One Click: Inner Box: Boxes connected with Illustration Pop Up. Outer Box: Spot Foil + Pattern Hologram Coating. Special Card Box + A3 Poster + B/W Postcards (4ea). Production Note. Includes all 3 individual editions.

180825_GSM_OC_packshot_v2.jpgGSM_FS.jpgGSM_DLS.jpgGSM_QS_front.jpg
box_dee03ce2-eafe-4596-af92-552b87655f72.jpgbox_open_NEW.jpgFS_front_ebacd137-58e0-41ed-a9c2-d8e766d29a94.jpgFS_back_2135432f-ba9f-4990-8517-6d1fc0cdd742.jpg
LS_front_91eebdd9-c0a0-42f7-b004-0069549fb9b0.jpgLS_back_f300c25c-e602-4507-9a7d-a13a9fda6997.jpg

Last edited:
This is why I think the one-click should've been a music box instead of a pop-up. We could've heard the music while the film displayed without actually having to play the soundtrack.

I'm not saying I'm against that idea but think of what's required to pull that off perfectly (added cost aside, probably more than just $15): I'm assuming the box will need to be much bigger to house the needed mechanism, and who's to say the tune/tunes will come out as nice as they should/people expect? One Click retail price aside, heavier means higher shipping cost and again, who's to say people would be willing to pay for the significant increase in overall cost? And I'm not even talking about what's required in terms of making sure the box is as sturdy as can be to hold everything in; not to mention the risks involved during shipping since you have all these moving parts, etc...

As for the soundtrack being included separately on its own disc, I'm not for including the CD/DVD/BD/Whatever-D soundtrack at additional cost, because personally I wouldn't listen to it, but I appreciate the fact others do, and in that case it would have been preferred to have it in the One Click instead of some of the "duplicated" goodies, at no additional cost.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
As for the soundtrack being included separately on its own disc, I'm not for including the CD/DVD/BD/Whatever-D soundtrack at additional cost, because personally I wouldn't listen to it, but I appreciate the fact others do, and in that case it would have been preferred to have it in the One Click instead of some of the "duplicated" goodies, at no additional cost.

:thumbs: Manta is being innovative with the packaging, so here is another way to do it.

I'm not saying I'm against that idea but think of what's required to pull that off perfectly (added cost aside, probably more than just $15): I'm assuming the box will need to be much bigger to house the needed mechanism, and who's to say the tune/tunes will come out as nice as they should/people expect? One Click retail price aside, heavier means higher shipping cost and again, who's to say people would be willing to pay for the significant increase in overall cost? And I'm not even talking about what's required in terms of making sure the box is as sturdy as can be to hold everything in; not to mention the risks involved during shipping since you have all these moving parts, etc...

I don't know, man... you can buy birthday cards these days that plays songs and they're not much thicker than a regular card. I mean, if they were to not double-up on identical art cards and booklets and add something like a music box instead, I'm sure it'd weigh around the same and not cost much more. I just think this would've been the perfect film to try something like that with.

I don't know, man... you can buy birthday cards these days that plays songs and they're not much thicker than a regular card. I mean, if they were to not double-up on identical art cards and booklets and add something like a music box instead, I'm sure it'd weigh around the same and not cost much more. I just think this would've been the perfect film to try something like that with.

True, it would have been a good fit but I'm just not so sure about the points brought up earlier. Anyway, it's too late now. Did you end up going for any of these or going with BF?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
True, it would have been a good fit but I'm just not so sure about the points brought up earlier. Anyway, it's too late now. Did you end up going for any of these or going with BF?

This hit at a bad time with my sister’s wedding going on, so I skipped it. Hopefully I don’t regret it (too much). Now I’m keeping my eye on the BF edition.

I can confirm I already sent John an email this evening buddy :thanks: Figured it worth a shot and I'm interested to hear what he'll have to say. Will report back once I've heard.
Still waiting on John's reply regarding my "offering different goodies per edition" question... :coffee:
Finally got a "reply" today (if you can really call it that :rolleyes:)
Dear Michael,

Thanks for the email.

Sorry about missing your email and thanks for the feedback.

We've released a release with Quarter Slip only exclusive to the One Click before. We are always trying different packages so we hope you could understand!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Manta Lab

For reference, here was my initial email:
Hello John,

Have you ever thought to use similar tactics to that of HDzeta where they make One Clicks that more appealing by removing one of the Steelbooks and any subsequent disks etc? There's differentiation between the goodies in EACH edition also and as a whole, it feels like an "ULTIMATE EDITION ONE CLICK" with no redundancy, repetitive elements etc.

In this case of Showman, having 3x WEA Steelbooks and 3x 2D BD's and repeated goodies across all editions I don't find attractive as a collector when buying a One Click. It just drives up cost. If you were to remove some of the unnecessary excess and thus able to lower the overall price, it would maybe appeal to a much wider audience altogether. Those are my feelings anyway.

I love your work at Manta Lab and appreciate you're trying something new with the interior "pop up illustration" with Showman. I just use HDzeta as an example of where buying one of their Gold Label WEA One Clicks is easy as their pricing is so reasonable and competitive. I'd be interested to hear your views on this matter.

Best regards,

I think he may be comparing the use of a 1/4 slip in the OC to how HDZ use the special pack in theirs, as in it's a cheaper version than a full-blown slip, etc. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it and he actually skipped around your request.

Reactions: Yoshi