The Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Media Exclusive #16) [Korea]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: January 31, 2018 (Pre-order January 18 at 10 PM Korea time)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - 1/4 Slip - One-Click
Price: TBA
Notes: Full Slip: 1200 copies - Lenticular Slip: 1200 copies - 1/4 Slip: 700 copies - One-Click: 300 copies

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the prices were increased? The Grey (Box Set), for example, originally was $ 124,99, now it is $ 150,00.
It's still a bargain at 50% off, but it's also worth noting. Especially it's the first time Nova are doing this. (The same applies for the other Box Sets.)
And FYI: Usually the 50% deduction is first applied when you put the item in your basket and proceed to check out. People got confused in the last years, so I'm pointing it out.

Looks like the prices were increased? The Grey (Box Set), for example, originally was $ 124,99, now it is $ 150,00.
It's still a bargain at 50% off, but it's also worth noting. Especially it's the first time Nova are doing this. (The same applies for the other Box Sets.)
And FYI: Usually the 50% deduction is first applied when you put the item in your basket and proceed to check out. People got confused in the last years, so I'm pointing it out.

Haha, pulling the old zavvi sale trick!

I’m pretty sure they have 2 listings. The normal listing that shows the original price and then the winter sale listing showing the 50% but you could be right. Maybe the normal listing discounts anyway when placed in the basket

Even with a sort of half off sale I still don't see many people shelling out for these. This will literally never sell out with the print run Nova did for this title. Not that it's a bad flick but doing a WEA print run of this was a mistake imo.

Reactions: viper0210
So I asked them if they were thinking of including the singles and the reply was:

“Thank you for contact.
Sorry, we just one-click box has winter festival. We think the box is really cheap because it's 50% discount.”

So I said, but why only the one clicks and not the singles and their reply was:

“We actually didn't want to discount NOVA EXCLUSIVE that released this year.
I don't think it's polite to the people you've already purchased. However, many people are waiting for the discount event, so only box set are on sale.
Please understand.”

Which I’ll be honest, I still think it’s odd they only did the one clicks. I mean, I get what they are saying and the morales but they are still halving the price of the one click and the grey was released like 11 months ago. Whereas reservoir dogs was even less. So why the one clicks and not the singles

At the end of the day, they are worried they will sell too much stock at the discount and know they will get less sales on the 4 one clicks they added.
It cancels out everything they said in the second message by still adding the one clicks!

Which I’ll be honest, I still think it’s odd they only did the one clicks. I mean, I get what they are saying and the morales but they are still halving the price of the one click and the grey was released like 11 months ago. Whereas reservoir dogs was even less. So why the one clicks and not the singles

At the end of the day, they are worried they will sell too much stock at the discount and know they will get less sales on the 4 one clicks they added.
It cancels out everything they said in the second message by still adding the one clicks!

1543716416085.gif

Exactly if that was the case the One-Clicks shouldn’t be on the table as using their own words I don’t think it’s polite for the people who did purchase these OC’s earlier in the year, even if the prices were jacked up for this sale by 20% before the 50% discount is applied. If this price structure was available and acceptable for the OC’s why couldn’t it be applied to the singles aswell? Whatever, theve lost a sale for me anyways.

I guess they're entitled to do whatever they wish.

Sounds to me that you guys will have to wait until next year's winter festival if you want to pick these up cheap. By then you'll probably have these, the Tarantinos, the Takens and possibly Insidious reduced!

I can't believe all 3 Dredds are still available........

So I asked them if they were thinking of including the singles and the reply was:

“Thank you for contact.
Sorry, we just one-click box has winter festival. We think the box is really cheap because it's 50% discount.”

So I said, but why only the one clicks and not the singles and their reply was:

“We actually didn't want to discount NOVA EXCLUSIVE that released this year.
I don't think it's polite to the people you've already purchased. However, many people are waiting for the discount event, so only box set are on sale.
Please understand.”

View attachment 404774

Exactly if that was the case the One-Clicks shouldn’t be on the table as using their own words I don’t think it’s polite for the people who did purchase these OC’s earlier in the year, even if the prices were jacked up for this sale by 20% before the 50% discount is applied. If this price structure was available and acceptable for the OC’s why couldn’t it be applied to the singles aswell? Whatever, theve lost a sale for me anyways.
Totally agreed, it makes absolutely no sense in what they're saying really :confused: All the folk that bought the One Clicks at full price must me kicking themselves right about now (or maybe not, but I know I would.. :squint:). How is it being "polite" to those customers??? :wtf: It is kinda cheeky to increase the price by $25 and only then deduct 50% too.. :rolleyes: A bit like those fake, jacked up RRP's you often see on certian websites that makes you feel you're getting a good deal when in reality you're not... :cautious:

I guess they're entitled to do whatever they wish.

Sounds to me that you guys will have to wait until next year's winter festival if you want to pick these up cheap. By then you'll probably have these, the Tarantinos, the Takens and possibly Insidious reduced!

I can't believe all 3 Dredds are still available........

Of course they can. It’s their product. But their reasoning contradicts and don’t agree with it because it’s the same for the one clicks. And like others have mentioned, they don’t have a issue jacking up the price first

• Thanks
Reactions: milky