The Grudge (2020) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Friday January 24th at 9AM UK Time)
Price: £24.99

12447926-8984744243315377.jpg

12447926-9164744243338657.jpg 12447926-7774744243438260.jpg 12447926-1824744243370547.jpg

grudge_temp.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone ordered this and received it from zavvi let me know if came in bubble mailer or the white box. As paul got his onward in a bubble mailer. And this sent out a few days later. Or am i only one who purchased it lol.

If anyone ordered this and received it from zavvi let me know if came in bubble mailer or the white box. As paul got his onward in a bubble mailer. And this sent out a few days later. Or am i only one who purchased it lol.
zavvi always ship steelbooks in the white boxes!

only my first zavvi order (Dark Souls 1 steelbook) was shipped in a jiffy bag ...was damaged and the replacements were shipped in the white box, lol.
that was 7 years ago.

only my first zavvi order (Dark Souls 1 steelbook) was shipped in a jiffy bag ...was damaged and the replacements were shipped in the white box, lol.
that was 7 years ago.
Zavvi shipped some steelbooks in Jiffy mailers in past the 2 weeks
Don't count Jaws as that would not have fit in the white box
Some customers steelbook orders recently got delivery in usual white box and some in jiffy mailer

A few got Onward in a jiffy mailer like I did
It might been an error some got shipped in a jiffy mailer or for a short period was low on supply of the white cardboard boxes

• Informative
Reactions: tha_lunatic

that was 7 years ago.
I know mate have been buying them for over 10 yrs now, just someone mentioned they got onward steel from zavvi in jiffy bag and that they must have run out of boxes which has happened from time to time.
i went on panic mode asking here who has received certain steels from around the time jaws and onward where dispatched and it seems all have received onward and others that got dispatched after that in the boxes. So im hoping a few of them recently sent are same with boxes.

I probably not know for a while as stuff is taking upto 2 months and more and very rarely 3 weeks to arrive to be currenly.
There is one thing i hate its standard steels sent in jiffy bags when they run out of boxes.
And as you know zavvi are bloody akward to deal with.
But thanks for the info there boxes are not the best but they work.

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Zavvi shipped some steelbooks in Jiffy mailers in past the 2 weeks
Don't count Jaws as that would not have fit in the white box
Some customers steelbook orders recently got delivery in usual white box and some in jiffy mailer

A few got Onward in a jiffy mailer like I did
It might been an error some got shipped in a jiffy mailer or for a short period was low on supply of the white cardboard boxes
Paul who has had them arrive in jiffy bags as i have just asked a few buyers who recently received some steels that i i ordered and all have s said boxes.
Knowing my luck the clowns at zavvi will have sent a few of mine in bags as its not that far away i live lol.
I just have to wait a few months to see. Hopefully in boxes.

Paul who has had them arrive in jiffy bags as i have just asked a few buyers who recently received some steels that i i ordered and all have s said boxes.
Knowing my luck the clowns at zavvi will have sent a few of mine in bags as its not that far away i live lol.
I just have to wait a few months to see. Hopefully in boxes.
Look at onward thread I'm not alone and some other web forums there is reports of some recent steelbooks arriving in jiffy mailers
Exclude Jaws as that would have not fit in the white box
If most are receiving in white box its was just temporary issue or an error by staff packing some orders
Wow, that's unbelievable !. Oddly the 3D version has the j-card correctly printed showing only 2 discs, no mention of the bonus disc anywhere.
Oh and I forgot to mention my 3D version arrived in a bubble envelope, no white box for me..appears OK, but i'm returning it, so don't care.

I know wonder woman will be in bag as blade runner did last time and was fine but that was none pandemic times.
Jaws i have obviously seen from pics from others will be in a jiffy which to be honest had no idea this edition was so think. Just thought it was a steel with slip like midway etc.
I had come close to cancelling it and now wish i had as 2 months in transit possibly more with no international flight coming i fear what shape it be in, same goes for wonder woman edition.
Might be my lucky day and all arrive in jiffy bags lol.

Is this film really bad? Not seen it but I do like that art

Oh jeez wheeze, is that a third remake, didn't even know it existed.
They gotta clean that drain of hair though...

Oh jeez wheeze, is that a third remake, didn't even know it existed.
They gotta clean that drain of hair though...
Not actually a remake, this is actually set before and between The Grudge 1 & 2. Jumping back and forth between 2004-2007
Film doesn't look or feel the same as the previous although it does try but mostly looks like it set in the 70's instead which is odd but common these days for some reason.
The film is generally messy with it's story telling and should of focused on one story instead of multiple.
Noticed it didn't even get a 4K release
I'm hoping for 20th Anniversary 4k release of the 2004 one next year.
Anyway this is still available at the Entertainment Store