Release date: October 25th 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 5000
TheGuest_3DPackshot_900x.png
TheGuest_ExplodedPackshot_900x.pngTheGuest_Exc_ArtCardsPackshotcopy_900x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billy Talent
Anywhere else to get this than Second Sight direct? It's $83 shipped to me, which is a bit absurd.
You will see listed soon on Zavvi/Amazon UK/HMV etc

Other UK retailers pre orders go live usually about 1-2 weeks after second sight

Amazon can be even later sometimes than Zavvi/HMV
Amazon might be restricted to UK shipping for pre order (You might see listed as unavailable if your delivery address is outside UK) but after release date show as available for countries outside UK if not sold out by then

Zavvi though you will be able to do a pre order

Slip look great but at £50 ill be out for this one and to be honest if this is the direction they will be going in with price then I doubt ill be picking much more up, I've been waiting for Dog soldiers and the rumoured Drive, these might be the only 2 that id pay that price for.

Shame really as I really do like their stuff but definitely not at these prices.

Slip look great but at £50 ill be out for this one and to be honest if this is the direction they will be going in with price then I doubt ill be picking much more up, I've been waiting for Dog soldiers and the rumoured Drive, these might be the only 2 that id pay that price for.

Shame really as I really do like their stuff but definitely not at these prices.
Just get the standard edition then when it's released it will have the same 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs
Second Sight do a standard release after limited edition sells out

The only items that will be misiing from standard release when released will be items below that are exclusive to the limited edition
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
  • Various Artists Soundtrack CD
  • 160 page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Zena Dixon, Craig Ian Mann and Zoë Rose Smith; Script-to-Screen featuring storyboards and script extracts, Behind-the-Scenes photos and Adam Wingard soundtrack notes
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Just get the standard edition then when it's released it will have the same 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs
Second Sight do a standard release after limited edition sells out

The only items that will be misiing from standard release when released will be items below that are exclusive to the limited edition
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
  • Various Artists Soundtrack CD
  • 160 page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Zena Dixon, Craig Ian Mann and Zoë Rose Smith; Script-to-Screen featuring storyboards and script extracts, Behind-the-Scenes photos and Adam Wingard soundtrack notes
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Not really interested in the standard releases.
Its the Slipcases and overall package that kept me buying their stuff.

Reactions: BluSteel2012

Yeah, it looks like Dog Soldiers is going to be this price :(

Yeah, it looks like Dog Soldiers is going to be this price :(
The Babadook at £40 was sort of the limit for me with these. Its obviously the Soundtrack that has bunged this up to £50, I wonder if this is something that they plan on adding to all their future 4k releases.

Dog Soldiers is one that I will probably be sucked into buying :rofl:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
The Babadook at £40 was sort of the limit for me with these. Its obviously the Soundtrack that has bunged this up to £50, I wonder if this is something that they plan on adding to all their future 4k releases.

Dog Soldiers is one that I will probably be sucked into buying :rofl:
It's the one I'm waiting for also....
And its taking the longest! :/

• Haha
Reactions: Robles
Not really interested in the standard releases.
Its the Slipcases and overall package that kept me buying their stuff.
I actually prefer to buy the standard ones. They are WAY cheaper and does not take up to much space. Magic (1978) was only released in a standard edition so i will probably stick with standard editions for the horror releases. Depends on the title i guess

Reactions: karl01 and Robles
I actually prefer to buy the standard ones. They are WAY cheaper and does not take up to much space. Magic (1978) was only released in a standard edition so i will probably stick with standard editions for the horror releases. Depends on the title i guess
Oh don't get me wrong I still pick up the standard releases if its a certain film but if they have a Limited edition then I will always go for than over the standard

The actual price you would pay for this is £41.66. That's what I paid (excluding shipping). The price is lower once you go to checkout. Amazon UK and Amazon Japan do the same thing. £49.99 is just the retail price.

The actual price you would pay for this is £41.66. That's what I paid (excluding shipping). The price is lower once you go to checkout. Amazon UK and Amazon Japan do the same thing. £49.99 is just the retail price.
@MM3
Customers based in UK ordering from second sight the price is £49.99 before shipping as UK Vat is included in price

Second Sight remove UK vat from price at checkout if your delivery address is outside UK
They not registered for IOSS this why they remove UK vat from price for customers with a EU delivery address
Ordering from Second Sight Website If you based in EU
You will have customs (postal carrier in your EU country) look for EU vat payment + handling fee for collecting payment as EU vat is not included in your purchase

The reason why second sight remove UK vat from price for customers based in EU is so they don't end up paying both UK vat and EU vat as in pay vat twice

Amazon UK for a delivery address in EU will remove UK vat from price and then apply EU vat at checkout based on what the vat rate is for your country as they are registered for vat in each EU country directly
So Amazon UK price before shipping will be about the same £50 or more for customers in EU and includes EU vat
This applies to items where amazon is the seller or a item fulfilled by amazon

If you based in USA amazon websites in UK/Europe/Japan also remove Vat from price at checkout they always did this and that has nothing to do with UK leaving EU

Amazon UK might drop price but that will depend on what price HMV sell at when each retailer list as available

Last edited:
Reactions: MM3
Apparently the cost of licensing for the CD is why this is so expensive. Although the soundtrack is pretty damn cool, I could certainly live without a CD... I've gone digital with all my music now.

EDIT

Reactions: Robles
Just read they'll also be increasing the price by 1p (from £49.99 to £50) so it's eligible for free shipping.

Sorry, but £50? I'd struggle to justify paying that if this was a steelbook. The high price and relatively large print run aren't a good fit for a film like this- one that has a moderate cult following but isn't on enough people's 'must own now' list to sell anything like that number. I think there's going to be a lot of waiting for a price drop.