Release date: October 25th 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 5000
TheGuest_3DPackshot_900x.png
TheGuest_ExplodedPackshot_900x.pngTheGuest_Exc_ArtCardsPackshotcopy_900x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billy Talent
Getting licencing for film soundtracks can be expensive on some releases especially when various artists songs are involved

It also has a 160 page book

A standard edition will be released after limited edition sell out
That will include same discs UHD and Blu-ray just won't have book and cd soundtrack and artcards

Sorry, but £50? I'd struggle to justify paying that if this was a steelbook. The high price and relatively large print run aren't a good fit for a film like this- one that has a moderate cult following but isn't on enough people's 'must own now' list to sell anything like that number. I think there's going to be a lot of waiting for a price drop.
I agree with what you're saying here and I do think a lot will be waiting for price drops.
This might be a little dip into that something extra to see how well it goes and then to know if to add it to future releases, personally though I can see it selling out even at this price which will then give them to gateway into this sort of price range. :wow:

Reactions: andy01652
@MM3
Customers based in UK ordering from second sight the price is £49.99 before shipping as UK Vat is included in price

Second Sight remove UK vat from price at checkout if your delivery address is outside UK
They not registered for IOSS this why they remove UK vat from price for customers with a EU delivery address
Ordering from Second Sight Website If you based in EU
You will have customs (postal carrier in your EU country) look for EU vat payment + handling fee for collecting payment as EU vat is not included in your purchase

The reason why second sight remove UK vat from price for customers based in EU is so they don't end up paying both UK vat and EU vat as in pay vat twice

Amazon UK for a delivery address in EU will remove UK vat from price and then apply EU vat at checkout based on what the vat rate is for your country as they are registered for vat in each EU country directly
So Amazon UK price before shipping will be about the same £50 or more for customers in EU and includes EU vat
This applies to items where amazon is the seller or a item fulfilled by amazon

If you based in USA amazon websites in UK/Europe/Japan also remove Vat from price at checkout they always did this and that has nothing to do with UK leaving EU

Amazon UK might drop price but that will depend on what price HMV sell at when each retailer list as available
I don't have to worry about VAT because I live in California, so there are no additional fees for me to pay. Never in my life have I had to pay import fees. Too bad it's a different story for many of you. Would be a bit of a nightmare if I had to worry about extra fees each time I bought something from another country.

Loved the film ever since I saw it in the cinema, as well as the exceptional soundtrack, but £50 is just too much. Maybe if it the OST was some sort of exclusive collectable vinyl, but for a CD there's no chance. Not to mention that the artwork is way too similar to the original steelbook which I already own. Compared to the German mediabook this is just disappointing.

I think the slipcase cover looks better than the Steelbook-one. That 2-face thing with his dark half is looking awesome.
I agree Mate, I think it looks really nice and I'm sure will look even better in hand.
I don't have to worry about VAT because I live in California, so there are no additional fees for me to pay. Never in my life have I had to pay import fees. Too bad it's a different story for many of you. Would be a bit of a nightmare if I had to worry about extra fees each time I bought something from another country.
Yeah unfortunately we get stung on everything over in the UK with Vat :thumbs:

Reactions: MM3
Who really wants a CD soundtrack? i dont know a single person that owns a music CD disc
A lot of people still purchase music on CD and Vinyl

Vinyl is actually the only physical media format that has been getting increasing sales compared to previous years
This is why there is a regular amount of re-issues of music on Vinyl every week with and also later multiple re-issues on different colour vinyl

CD still sells but has had drop in sales compared to previous years as lot now have gone back to purchase Vinyl instead

Do you and your friends listen to music

Soundtracks is one of the constant good sellers and has been for years be it on CD or Vinyl

Some soundtracks sell out quicker than other music genre

The previous Guest Sountrack LP from 2014 has been sold out a while third party sellers only and very view available with third party sellers (Third party prices are over £100 to get the vinyl release)
It was a Record Store day exclusive
It would cost you lot more to get the original release from 2014 than what it cost to purchase this release from Second Sight

CD Soundtrack from 2014 not seen any third party sellers listings a long time now has not been available to purchase on CD a good few years

Reactions: Billy Talent
But it´s a difference, if a Soundtrack CD is part of a collector´s edition or sold seperately. I wouldn´t buy the most ones then, but as part of a collector´s edition It´s ok and rounds it. I still have Basic Instinct and The Isle as Collector´s editions with DVD and Soundtrack. I would have sold them if it was without the Soundtrack.

Reactions: Space Cadet
But it´s a difference, if a Soundtrack CD is part of a collector´s edition or sold seperately. I wouldn´t buy the most ones then, but as part of a collector´s edition It´s ok and rounds it. I still have Basic Instinct and The Isle as Collector´s editions with DVD and Soundtrack. I would have sold them if it was without the Soundtrack.
Licencing a soundtrack that has various artists involved can be lot more expensive to licence than a film score
The differene can be huge amount depending on artists involved

If this had been a film score instead it would been cheaper to include a CD

The soundtrack has not been available on CD for years long sold out and Vinyl edition would cost you over £100 with third party sellers

Licencing a soundtrack that has various artists involved can be lot more expensive to licence than a film score
The differene can be huge amount depending on artists involved

If this had been a film score instead it would been cheaper to include a CD

The soundtrack has not been available on CD for years long sold out and Vinyl edition would cost you over £100 with third party sellers
The last one I bought with V.A. was "The Green Room" soundtrack on CD. Because the movie has very much music in it I wondered why the soundtrack wasn´t part of any edition for it. That explains it.

Reactions: paulboland
Just get the standard edition then when it's released it will have the same 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs
Second Sight do a standard release after limited edition sells out

The only items that will be misiing from standard release when released will be items below that are exclusive to the limited edition
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
  • Various Artists Soundtrack CD
  • 160 page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Zena Dixon, Craig Ian Mann and Zoë Rose Smith; Script-to-Screen featuring storyboards and script extracts, Behind-the-Scenes photos and Adam Wingard soundtrack notes
  • 6 collectors' art cards

and

Exclusive to Second Sight orders
  • 3 art card reproductions of the on-set Halloween Dance posters
... I don't think those will be available with standard edition.

I have a problem. Gonna pre-order The Guest and another Second Sight SE, but which one, suggestions : The Babadook, Walkabout or Paranormal Activity ?

and

Exclusive to Second Sight orders
  • 3 art card reproductions of the on-set Halloween Dance posters
... I don't think those will be available with standard edition.
The 3 art card with poster images is if you order the limited edition direct with second sight

Standard edition when released those 3 art cards are not revelant as they not included even if you order the limited edition from other retailers

The standard edition will just be a amaray with both UHD and Blu-ray discs it's very rare their standard editions include a slip
Dawn of the Dead standard edition including a slipcase was more likely a one off due to number of discs involved and requiring a digipack be used