Release date: October 25th 2021
Purchase links: Second Sight - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 5000
TheGuest_3DPackshot_900x.png
TheGuest_ExplodedPackshot_900x.pngTheGuest_Exc_ArtCardsPackshotcopy_900x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billy Talent
Do second sight charge the card at time of pre-order or just before shipping?
Second Sight take payment immediately with pre orders
This clearly listed on all pre order listings on their website
Click on second sight link in op

Note If you are based in a EU country UK vat is removed from price at checkout

EU customers EU vat is not included you will likely have customs in your country require EU vat to pay + handling fee for collection of payment

• Helpful Post
I know there are still folks out there that buy them (I did up until fairly recently), but even so, I'm sure even they'd prefer for it to not be included if it meant paying much less for this set.

Massive metal fan. I still buy several cd's a week and limited edition vinyl, and no I have zero interest in this including the cd! If I had wanted the soundtrack I would already own it.

Second Sight take payment immediately with pre orders
This clearly listed on all pre order listings on their website
Click on second sight link in op

Note If you are based in a EU country UK vat is removed from price at checkout

EU customers EU vat is not included you will likely have customs in your country require EU vat to pay + handling fee for collection of payment
Ok great thanks, I'm UK based anyway so no issues.

£50 is crazy high!

and yes I would just like to say I am that person who also has a music collection of vinyl records.
I am one of those people who helped the vinyl resurgence by getting into collecting,, about 150 records now give or take trying to keep it small.
Still have a CD collection of about 50 or so, they come in very handy because I have a Sony CD\DVD disc explorer 400, you can pack that thing up with 400 CDs and DVDs connect it to your speakers and play any cd that you want...it is awesome!:drool:

Too lazy to take a pic but it's this one @karl01 comes with a remote:thumbs:
hqdefault.jpg

Also I collect collectible records not really for playing but for displaying.
If you are wondering why....just watch this video
@Noodles you collect these too or nah?

Reactions: komor and MM3
£50 is crazy high!

and yes I would just like to say I am that person who also has a music collection of vinyl records.
I am one of those people who helped the vinyl resurgence by getting into collecting,, about 150 records now give or take trying to keep it small.
Still have a CD collection of about 50 or so, they come in very handy because I have a Sony CD\DVD disc explorer 400, you can pack that thing up with 400 CDs and DVDs connect it to your speakers and play any cd that you want...it is awesome!:drool:

Too lazy to take a pic but it's this one @karl01 comes with a remote:thumbs:
View attachment 517401

Also I collect collectible records not really for playing but for displaying.
If you are wondering why....just watch this video
@Noodles you collect these too or nah?

I have a similar CD player. Too bad the CD players now leave a lot to be desired, but I suppose the market has changed.

I have a record collection as well. Mostly Vinyl. For playing them I take the Phono Pre-Amp of a 80s Yamaha from E-bay (50€) and and play the records with a new bought Pioneer-player. Also bought a used Rane EQ (€90) and for two used Alto feedback killer EQs (2x20€). All runs into a Model 3 Class A/B Solid-State Vintage Amplifier from the late 80s, that gets temperatured with a laptop-cooling fan. The boxes are no-name ones from saleout. They always sounded sh1tty with cheap receivers, but with the amp it´s good. The record shelves are from Zomo.

20200204_133049.jpg

Last edited:
I have a record collection as well. Mostly Vinyl. For playing them I take the Phono Pre-Amp of a 80s Yamaha from E-bay (50€) and and play the records with a new bought Pioneer-player. Also bought a used Rane EQ (€90) and for two used Alto feedback killer EQs (2x20€). All runs into a Model 3 Class A/B Solid-State Vintage Amplifier from the late 80s, that gets temperatured with a laptop-cooling fan. The boxes are no-name ones from saleout. They always sounded sh1tty with cheap receivers, but with the amp it´s good. The record shelves are from Zomo.

Got the Audio technica lp120 with the Microlab solo 6c speakers, been wanting to upgrade for the longest time but never did.
I want the Project Debut Carnon white turntable with those Klipsch speakers .
Yes I play my records just not the collectibles that are liquid filled or sand/glitter filled got like 6 of those for displaying only.
I was dumb enough not to get that AMy LP egg splatter when they announced it on vinylreleases on reddit (this was a while back couple of years I think) and now its 90$ cheapest on disogs

The last picture is my setup right now

Attachments

• turnta.png
    turnta.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 0Dolby_Atmos_black.jpg
    0Dolby_Atmos_black.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210916_064517_49.jpg
    20210916_064517_49.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
Got the Audio technica lp120 with the Microlab solo 6c speakers, been wanting to upgrade for the longest time but never did.
I want the Project Debut Carnon white turntable with those Klipsch speakers .
Yes I play my records just not the collectibles that are liquid filled or sand/glitter filled got like 6 of those for displaying only.
I was dumb enough not to get that AMy LP egg splatter when they announced it on vinylreleases on reddit (this was a while back couple of years I think) and now its 90$ cheapest on disogs

The last picture is my setup right now
The speakers seem to be good. Don´t know if they are good positioned near a wall. The player seems to be good as well. Also a direct-drive like my Onkyo CP-1050 (sorry not Pioneeer) and I prefer direct-drive, because it runs and runs and is free of maintenance.:thumbs:
The Klipsch Speakers with that copper-colored membranes I like very much. From the Debut ones I´ve heard, but maybe it is better to invest in a Pro-Ject Pick-It system, that is basically an Ortofon system with which the company goes back to it´s roots (they first produced Hi-Fi stuff before getting into the DJ-market). They cooperated with Pro-Ject to realize it. I will buy this someday for sure.

Attachments

• 614veprPxgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    614veprPxgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
  • Wow
@BluSteel2012 @Strangerbyday

Looks like Second Sight might now be registered for IOSS or have registered for VAT ID direct in EU countries

I just done a test on their website
UK £49.99 (UK 20% vat removed from price = £41.66) Irish Vat rate 23% applied at chechout giving price of £51.24
That's before shipping
Standard EU Shipping £4.96
Total £56.20

£10.51 (23% IE Vat applied)

A few days ago it was UK vat removed only

At checkout make sure shipping country is Ireland as it sometimes changes to UK by itself

If any Irish member does an order direct from second sight from today let us know if any issues with An Post when order arrives

@BluSteel2012 @Strangerbyday

Looks like Second Sight might now be registered for IOSS or have registered for VAT ID direct in EU countries

I just done a test on their website
UK £49.99 (UK 20% vat removed from price = £41.66) Irish Vat rate 23% applied at chechout giving price of £51.24
That's before shipping
Standard EU Shipping £4.96
Total £56.20

£10.51 Vat applied on order

A few days ago it was UK vat removed only

At checkout make sure shipping country is Ireland as it sometimes changes to UK by itself

If any Irish member does an order direct from second sight from today let us know if any issues with An Post when order arrives
I won't be ordering direct again if I can help it, 6 weeks to deliver to Ireland is completely unacceptable.

I won't be ordering direct again if I can help it, 6 weeks to deliver to Ireland is completely unacceptable.
It should be faster now with Irish Vat applied at checkout

Your delay might been due to customs

How much did An Post ask you to pay or did you avoid been asked for Vat payment
As orders done upto a few days ago UK vat was removed from price and not have EU vat applied

It should be faster now with Irish Vat applied at checkout

Your delay might been due to customs

How much did An Post ask you to pay or did you avoid been asked for Vat payment
As orders done upto a few days ago UK vat was removed from price and not have EU vat applied
Nothing from customs. Haven’t even received word it’s even in the country.
I emailed them a week ago asking for an update & was told “due to COVID” parcels are taking 6 weeks to reach Ireland. Which is nonsense.
They’re also unable to do anything until after the 6 weeks have passed.

Nothing from customs. Haven’t even received word it’s even in the country.
I emailed them a week ago asking for an update & was told “due to COVID” parcels are taking 6 weeks to reach Ireland. Which is nonsense.
They’re also unable to do anything until after the 6 weeks have passed.
I ordered The Babadook about 1 hour ago
I went with standard shipping

I got fed up waiting for Amazon UK to list as available for shipping to Ireland and looks like it's only third party seller now

Hopefully with EU vat now included it will make delivery faster

I did not want to pay for tracked shipping

The last time I ordered direct was a few years ago and that did take about 3-4 weeks to arrive