Oct 9, 2019
Release date: October 15, 2021
Purchase links: Mueller A - B
Price: €31.99
Notes: Collectors Edition limited to 999 each + Booklet

Hateful-8-Cover-A-2.jpg
Mediabook-The-Hateful-8-Cover-B-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
heavy price for a company i never heard of .. wtf is mediacs?
Are you ok? So many countless labels are doing Mediabooks and when new players get on the market it´s always good. Some of the movies never got a release as Mediabook before and it´s good to see that there are more releases coming exclusive from stores. I often bought exclusives from Mediamarkt, that are OOP now everywhere (for example Shutter Island, Hostel etc.) and from the quality-side they were on par with the ones from established Mediabook-producers like 84 or NSM. I agree that the price is a little high, but they go higher at other labels as well and the delivery from Müller is free.

Last edited:
Are you ok?
Yes I am, thanks for asking. :happy: Hope you too?

So many countless labels are doing Mediabooks and when new players get on the market it´s always good.
depends on the quality of the product, there are enough examples for Mediabook trash with cheap quality/binding/print/booklets etc and I dont need more of these..

Some of the movies never got a release as Mediabook before
Yes, that's nice
and it´s good to see that there are more releases coming exclusive from stores.
Don't think shop exclusives are a good thing, but that's just my opinion
I often bought exclusives from Mediamarkt, that are OOP now everywhere (for example Shutter Island, Hostel etc.) and from the quality-side they were on par with the ones from established Mediabook-producers like 84 or NSM.
dont know about hostel, but Shutter Island is a Concorde release and not a no-name label afaik
Wouldnt go so far and say they are on par, but it was okay, yes
I agree that the price is a little high, but they go higher at other labels as well and the delivery from Müller is free.
Way too high for a new label trying to establish if you ask me. And that's all I said in my previous post ;)

Normal shipping from müller isnt free (3,95 under 49 EUR), often even not available (only to the store).
I see it says free on this extern "vorbestellservice"-site tho, did you use that one before?

Way too high for a new label trying to establish if you ask me. And that's all I said in my previous post ;)
Yeah, that´s what you said, but you´re bringing that silly label discussion. There´s a reason, that I only posted the Hateful8-one. Imo it´s the best release from that drop, it´s collectable and had no previous release as Mediabook. I don´t care so much for that label thing. I got a high quality expensive Nameless Mediabook recently and the spine was uncentered and I also have some of the expensive ones, where the book part is bound sh1ty. Recent disappointment was the Pulp Fiction Mediabook from 84, that comes with one tray, but has a housing where you can put 2 in - cheap crap and too expensive. Every no-name label does that better. That the book part flies out never happened to me and it was only one time the tray was broken and only one time it was removed, but that´s all. The rest is a delivery thing. Every Mediabook gets broken when you throw it around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
There´s a reason, that I only posted the Hateful8-one. Imo it´s the best release from that drop, it´s collectable and had no previous release as Mediabook.
I agree with you overall - just recently had a mediabook where the whole back print is crooked, tinted sideways a bit - but there was a very nice, English language digibook in Czech Republic. I posted photos on my forum 5 years ago, didn't have time to migrate all the thousands of photos Photobucket suddenly had captive, so watermarks on them, but viewable: Hateful Eight Digibook

I highly doubt the new one will be better.

I agree with you overall - just recently had a mediabook where the whole back print is crooked, tinted sideways a bit - but there was a very nice, English language digibook in Czech Republic. I posted photos on my forum 5 years ago, didn't have time to migrate all the thousands of photos Photobucket suddenly had captive, so watermarks on them, but viewable: Hateful Eight Digibook

I highly doubt the new one will be better.
I only saw that on the Filmarena site, but never in-hand pictures of it and it´s good that someone can validate that it exists. On the mockup photo it looked like a Mediabook and also had the same spine and height. Is it the same with the real one?

Yeah, that´s what you said, but you´re bringing that silly label discussion.
Silly label discussion? Because I think they shouldn’t start with too high prices like other established companies do?

There´s a reason, that I only posted the Hateful8-one. Imo it´s the best release from that drop, it´s collectable
how do you know that? We have only the beautyshots yet and even with them I already have some things I don’t like about it. All the sh1tty text on the front looks like one of that LFG sh1t. And the spines are colored in silly colors and for what? just to name it the COE colors of entertainment line.. you and I don’t know anything about the quality of it in hand and you are already justifying the price lol

and had no previous release as Mediabook.
(Except the one Lenny showed) and probably won’t get any in the near future because now mediacs having the rights to publish it. Disappointing because 84 already started to do a lot of the Tarantinoverse. The probably will be released by them too eventually, but I think that will take a while now
I don´t care so much for that label thing. I got a high quality expensive Nameless Mediabook recently and the spine was uncentered and I also have some of the expensive ones, where the book part is bound sh1ty.
Yeah but that is a crappy quality control and not a crap quality per se
Recent disappointment was the Pulp Fiction Mediabook from 84, that comes with one tray, but has a housing where you can put 2 in - cheap crap and too expensive. Every no-name label does that better.
No they don’t. They often have the same issues, ppl just don’t bother because they don’t charge as much as 84 e.g. cheap trays that break only from looking at it and so on.
but mediacs aren’t even in the game and have already high prices, really just hope they do the prices justice and deliver a good product
That the book part flies out never happened to me and it was only one time the tray was broken and only one time it was removed, but that´s all.
I had some of these issues in the past with the cheaper ones
The rest is a delivery thing. Every Mediabook gets broken when you throw it around.
Obviously yes, but that’s nothing I mentioned or has anything to do with it lol

Reactions: tha_lunatic
No guest I guess. When I click on the cart I can only create a new account or login with an existing one
Nice - I will create an account anyway, but I woluld guest account, because I will not buy there so often. Ääääh - Cover A is great and the spine color is ok on that one. I will see. Probably they will not be sold out so fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Okay found a video of a known YouTuber talking about these new mediabooks
  • Spinecolor depends on the genre
  • Holographic sticker for the limitation number
  • “Nice” finish
  • Second wave (and more) will come
  • Booklets written by mike Blankenburg

I only saw that on the Filmarena site, but never in-hand pictures of it and it´s good that someone can validate that it exists. On the mockup photo it looked like a Mediabook and also had the same spine and height. Is it the same with the real one?
No, it's actually proper BD height, so it's a digibook (I'm still not sure what the difference is, so just call G2 sized - digibooks, and DVD sized - mediabooks) almost all their digibooks that I got are G2: Aquaman, Shawshank, Escape Plan, Terminator 2, Total Recall, all 3 Rambo, etc. Only Drive was G1.