Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Price: $25.89
Release Date: March 29, 2016
Order Link: Amazon.ca

hateful8can.jpg

@Actarus this explains what 70mm is all about from Quentin Tarantino.
http://thehatefuleight.com/roadshow

wow if I would have known this, it would have made me go see it in theater :wow: ...just hope and I guess it a long shot that they would do a 2 Disk release to do a special edition of that lenght and somewhat different version...and aspect ratio... this would make for a special release... I am sure they are aware that this would make people go buy an extra copy if they were to release it. Ok its not the experience in theater, but for the film lenght...I don't know I guess we can hope ? on one of the release it states 187 min and has 2 Disks(we usually would think disk 2 is Bonus stuff) but since they mention an intermission in the theater for this version, this could be for Disk 1 and Disk 2 ??? 24 frps is the norm right ? so I don't know I am hopeful :wacky:

wow if I would have known this, it would have made me go see it in theater :wow: ...just hope and I guess it a long shot that they would do a 2 Disk release to do a special edition of that lenght and somewhat different version...and aspect ratio... this would make for a special release... I am sure they are aware that this would make people go buy an extra copy if they were to release it. Ok its not the experience in theater, but for the film lenght...I don't know I guess we can hope ? on one of the release it states 187 min and has 2 Disks(we usually would think disk 2 is Bonus stuff) but since they mention an intermission in the theater for this version, this could be for Disk 1 and Disk 2 ??? 24 frps is the norm right ? so I don't know I am hopeful :wacky:
I think the 2 disc listing roll probably be an error or the second disc will be a DVD or something. I'm hoping that the roadshow version does get a release somewhere down the line but it might take a while knowing Tarantino. We are still waiting for Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair and that has been years since it was first rumoured. I know Tarantino said he wanted the 70mm version to be unique to the cinema so I'm not sure whether he would ever want to give it a home release, hopefulIy he does! I know the aspect ratio will be 2.75:1 on all the versions so that will be identical to the theatrical release.:)

I think the 2 disc listing roll probably be an error or the second disc will be a DVD or something. I'm hoping that the roadshow version does get a release somewhere down the line but it might take a while knowing Tarantino. We are still waiting for Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair and that has been years since it was first rumoured. I know Tarantino said he wanted the 70mm version to be unique to the cinema so I'm not sure whether he would ever want to give it a home release, hopefulIy he does! I know the aspect ratio will be 2.75:1 on all the versions so that will be identical to the theatrical release.:)

indeed the real pictures posted by @Netclone does show different than from the mockup as it is blu-ray + DVD, but is it the same edition or there will be only a blu-ray one ? but for the Roadshow version, one can hope :drool:

In any case, I don't think I would rewatch this movie that quickly even if they would release the RoadShow version...saw Kill Bill a few times but for this one once you know the punch line for me it removes the suspense of the movie which is great for such a long movie to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
indeed the real pictures posted by @Netclone does show different than from the mockup as it is blu-ray + DVD, but is it the same edition or there will be only a blu-ray one ? but for the Roadshow version, one can hope :drool:

In any case, I don't think I would rewatch this movie that quickly even if they would release the RoadShow version...saw Kill Bill a few times but for this one once you know the punch line for me it removes the suspense of the movie which is great for such a long movie to watch.
I loved this, it's not the best Tarantino film but I still thought it was great! I'm looking forward to re-watching it on BD!:)

@Netclone Love that they kept the red banner on the Canadian one as it match the Title so well...

@Wreck what is gatefold ?? is it the open picture of the Cabin with white and blue colors for the trees and snow ???

@Netclone Love that they kept the red banner on the Canadian one as it match the Title so well...

@Wreck what is gatefold ?? is it the open picture of the Cabin with white and blue colors for the trees and snow ???
Gatefold is the name used for a slip that opens up. These both look to be identical.
I prefer the embossing on the US slip but the red border on the Canadian one does look better.

Reactions: Actarus

There are some really nice galefold slips from Canada. Look into it. :thumbs:

@kaw @AlienKing @tridon @bloodsnake007 @NoDingsNoScratches @PunkNinja @Actarus @tnguyen13
CA embossed title slipcover only. Looking at both US and CA the embossing is different. Open gatefold US version.
View attachment 228775 View attachment 228776
NICE!! But I wish ours had the gatefold too. But oh well, I'm still happy how it turned out :D
Thanks @Netclone