The Hitcher (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

We will be using the existing master taken from a print which is in the best condition we have seen. However, further restoration work is being done on the master to address several issues we can improve upon, including some image warping caused by rips/tears.
Hours will be spent in manual restoration for further dirt and scratch removal, splice removal, improved stability and flicker repair. We are also re-grading to balance colour given the print source. We aim to give The Hitcher the best possible presentation it has ever had.

I'm not sure if its a limited edition but it sure sounds like its a limited edition.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
fantastic news! :woot: one of the better films Hauer ever made; super tight, taut, and well acted. :thumbs:

new releases seem to always miss out the old edition extras, but i hope this comes with the DVD special edition extra "The Hitcher: How Do These Movies Get Made?" - if you haven't seen it, track it down, it's a great half hour plus doc on the making of the film, and reaction to it.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Never actually got around to watching this film, but always wanted to, so I'm definitely in!

Never actually got around to watching this film, but always wanted to, so I'm definitely in!
seriously? in which case, stop whatever you are doing, find a copy, and watch it. :) :thumbs:

reasons to do so? it's peak Rutger Hauer - in the middle of a rich half dozen years starting with Blade Runner, via Ladyhawke (yes, Ladyhawke - love that film, for all its faults :drool:) and ending with his much-lauded turn in The Legend of The Holy Drinker. Hauer reminds me a lot of Lance Henriksen - a superb actor who seems to be negatively viewed by many for his work on straight to video films as well as his 'proper' cinema roles. he is truly frightening in this, a calm, implacable agent of evil. the action is well shot, the suspense works, and plot twists are frequent and often surprising. plus there's the 'chips scene.' ;) and it remains my favourite film for both C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

so, um, yeah, i quite like it. go watch! :wow:

Damn what's up with Second Sight lately they keep releasing great movies.
Rutger Hauer is so good in this movie, I watched the Remake 2007 version starring sean bean and loved it actually.
I then realized its a remake so I watched the original and Rutger Hauer is far better than sean bean, love sean bean but there is no comparison!
Gonna have to buy this release as well!

Man my second sight collection is growing fast if I keep buying everything they put out lately

seriously? in which case, stop whatever you are doing, find a copy, and watch it. :) :thumbs:

reasons to do so? it's peak Rutger Hauer - in the middle of a rich half dozen years starting with Blade Runner, via Ladyhawke (yes, Ladyhawke - love that film, for all its faults :drool:) and ending with his much-lauded turn in The Legend of The Holy Drinker. Hauer reminds me a lot of Lance Henriksen - a superb actor who seems to be negatively viewed by many for his work on straight to video films as well as his 'proper' cinema roles. he is truly frightening in this, a calm, implacable agent of evil. the action is well shot, the suspense works, and plot twists are frequent and often surprising. plus there's the 'chips scene.' ;) and it remains my favourite film for both C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Jason Leigh.

so, um, yeah, i quite like it. go watch! :wow:
I've already left it this long, so I'm sure I can wait a little longer to finally watch it once this set is released. :D

My dad often tells me about the film and how much he enjoyed it... the first time he ever saw it was at his sister's house, and apparently there's a particular scene (I recall he said it wasn't even meant to be scary) that made my aunt jump out of her skin and fling her tea everywhere :rofl:

Reactions: Last Lizard
Been hoping for it for years. One of the best 80's flicks and I can't be the only one who thinks Blue Ruin pinched The Hitcher's final image for their poster right?

Might be time to upgrade my copy of 'Der highway killer'....

Attachments

• 20210508_150803_resized.jpg
    20210508_150803_resized.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 256