Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81PN-mdaa+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Little update: I opened the package to find the set is basically caved in. I believe zavvi sent me a return. So you guys better hie you don't get yours

Brutal, they really are the bloody worst. I'm still waiting on a substantive response from customer services since contacting them on Saturday. I've had the old "can you confirm you are the account holder etc" gubbins twice now. I'll be doing a charge-back to my card and returning the bashed Lord of the Rings set at their expense now - absolutely had it with this shambolic company.

Wow, Zavvi edition is nice and wobbly.
It looks like you straightened it out a little in the second pic.
Got your money back?

Wow, Zavvi edition is nice and wobbly.
It looks like you straightened it out a little in the second pic.
Got your money back?

I still might play with it...now it is really ZAVVI EXCLUSIVE - Frodos House Edition and yes I will get my money back for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Sorry, that picture actually made me lol a little. Have to say though, you’ve done a great job sorting it as best you can. Luckily it doesn’t look like it was creased as such? Still not an easy fix.

My lotr came yesterday. Don’t wanna rub it in but I’m over the moon they’ve both arrived immaculate, no spine slashes, dents or chips, perfect. Still gonna avoid Zavvi from now on best I can. No excuse for such poor customer service, it’s shocking

Sorry, that picture actually made me lol a little. Have to say though, you’ve done a great job sorting it as best you can. Luckily it doesn’t look like it was creased as such? Still not an easy fix.

i am laughing too... first I cried but then I figured out this will be my FREE copy :)

How odd, my missing Hobbit set arrived. Also, it was wrapped inside a much bigger box but wrapped in a ton of bubble-wrap. It's mostly intact too, there's a slight curve to the very back of the top of the case.

No date on the shipping label to confirm whether this is the original set but the odd box and wrapping hints at it being a replacement, even though Customer Services only just responded properly yesterday after trying since the 14th to get a response on their website and/or Twitter.

Thank feck. I don't think my nerves can take ordering anything else from Zavvi after this and the Star Wars saga.

giphy.gif

As of a few minutes ago, this was available on the website. Not sure if LOTR was available and sold out again, but it wasn’t available when i looked.

Mine actually has a small dent on the top that you can barely see behind the J-card on the back. I send pictures anyway with the best description and because i knew returning wasn't an option since they don't have replacements, i asked for a solution, they offer me 5% and i send them an email back asking for 10%.
Personally, i don't mind the dent since it's small and i believe it can be fixable ( hopeful thoughts here lol) but even 5% is better than nothing ;)

Reactions: Leafs17