Québec, Qc, Canada
Title: The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Edition
Release date:
November 17th 2015
Purchase Link:
Amazon.ca $72.96
Best Buy.ca $79.99
Walmart.ca $72.96

Note: Matches with The Lord Of The Rings Extended Trilogy (Black cases)

hobbit.jpg

M2218692.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hobbit boxset in Drum18's post above is exactly what I want, but some buyers are posting pics that show a different style of box (open ended at the spines and slightly smaller - not perfectly matched to the awesome LOTR gold box.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014GJBTWI/?tag=hidefnin-20

Does anyone know if the exact style Drum18 posted is still available in the US?
What people are selling is the 2nd print of this. Cheaper version and not closing on the side.

Good luck finding this 1st print.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jimmyv
Was this ever available in the US or just Canada? I'm not going to waste my money on an inferior edition.

I want the one in your pictures to match my LOTR boxset.

Was this ever available in the US or just Canada? I'm not going to waste my money on an inferior edition.

I want the one in your pictures to match my LOTR boxset.
Yes it was available (3D or 2D only sets) but if I remember well, the 3D set was an Amazon.com exclusive... Since then, it's only the cheaper 2nd version 2D only...

Reactions: jimmyv
Yes it was available (3D or 2D only sets) but if I remember well, the 3D set was an Amazon.com exclusive... Since then, it's only the cheaper 2nd version 2D only...

i found a US seller that confirmed they have a sealed copy of the premium edition with magnetic flap. pounced on it. so fingers crossed. :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
figures.... major fail on the seller's part. :squint:

I even sent him some of the pictures from this thread. He assured me that it was precisely the premium edition with the magnetic fold over

but when I opened the box, game over.

returning.... back to square one. :grumpy:

figures.... major fail on the seller's part. :squint:

I even sent him some of the pictures from this thread. He assured me that it was precisely the premium edition with the magnetic fold over

but when I opened the box, game over.

returning.... back to square one. :grumpy:

That sucks man, Sorry to hear. I just checked my Hobbit set, (I have the 3D version) which comes the same style, only it's thicker then the Lord of the Rings one I also have that is 2D. Can take pictures of them for you if you like.