The Hunger Games Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 4, 2021
Release date: March 22, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $89.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6494570_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been lucky enough to get, or find, mint copies of all BB releases so far, but this one item may be a problem. The copies on eBay don't look mint. Hope I find a good copy at some point, somewhere.

Yeah that might be a tough task with Best Buy having limited stock in store

Reactions: MM3
I've been lucky enough to get, or find, mint copies of all BB releases so far, but this one item may be a problem. The copies on eBay don't look mint. Hope I find a good copy at some point, somewhere.
Add to that, they put those spider anti theft things on them in stores,and those will put a small dent wherever they come in contact (in most cases). I returned 2 today got one, but i’ll probably order 2 more and keep the best of the bunch.

For the record, the ones I ordered directly were in a reasonably sized box. One had an air cushion the other did not. Both had pretty badly dented corners.

Add to that, they put those spider anti theft things on them in stores,and those will put a small dent wherever they come in contact (in most cases). I returned 2 today got one, but i’ll probably order 2 more and keep the best of the bunch.

For the record, the ones I ordered directly were in a reasonably sized box. One had an air cushion the other did not. Both had pretty badly dented corners.
So you got one from eBay, then?

Yeah that might be a tough task with Best Buy having limited stock in store
I just ordered 2 more online. Will see if any arrive in descent condition. Requested a return for my first order, but will hold off on returning it since I paid about $78 for that one. The box sets aren't discounted $15 anymore. Would rather return my new order, than the cheaper copy.

Reactions: apsmith21
I just ordered 2 more online. Will see if any arrive in descent condition. Requested a return for my first order, but will hold off on returning it since I paid about $78 for that one. The box sets aren't discounted $15 anymore. Would rather return my new order, than the cheaper copy.

Yeah by the time they discount some in the future there won’t be a lot to pick from

Not a fan of the films, but I'm definitely a big fan of this set and all the artists who took part - a huge achievement IMO and very well executed :thumbs:

Reactions: Felix_ro and MM3
Hi all posting here for visibility - all my special sourced boxes and some of the late arrival sets were delivered next door by accident last night. (at first they didn’t believe me! it's a business next door, but still, it was addressed to me)

Btw most hunger games boxes have very tiny corner dings but are ok overall.

This is what your set will look like packed up. Sturdy box, a little more low profile and this example set has three layers of bubble wrap.

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box4.jpg

Hi all posting here for visibility - all my special sourced boxes and some of the late arrival sets were delivered next door by accident last night. (at first they didn’t believe me! it's a business next door, but still, it was addressed to me)

Btw most hunger games boxes have very tiny corner dings but are ok overall.

This is what your set will look like packed up. Sturdy box, a little more low profile and this example set has three layers of bubble wrap.

View attachment 529736

View attachment 529737

View attachment 529738

View attachment 529739

Thanks Andy for your diligence. Will you be posting up so to speak the shipping invoices soon ?

hi all, I've added my five extras to the group buy, but turns out they have spine slashes. I'm offering them here FIRST instead of returning, for those that want a copy no matter what. Slash should be faint, but it is there, on a couple of these.

ONLY PURCHASE IF YOU ARE OK WITH THESE SLASHES.

For those that were part of the original group buy, I have secured you copies without slashes, even if the boxes have slight damage in some cases.

Thanks

hi all, I've added my five extras to the group buy, but turns out they have spine slashes. I'm offering them here FIRST instead of returning, for those that want a copy no matter what. Slash should be faint, but it is there, on a couple of these.

For those that were part of the original group buy, I have secured you copies without slashes, even if the boxes have slight damage in some cases.

Thanks
Question please: the slashes are on the SteelBooks or on the outside box?
if it is on the outside box, I thin will be OK.

Thanks
Shotgun one of the sets with the least corner dents! Haha :rofl:

Question please: the slashes are on the SteelBooks or on the outside box?
if it is on the outside box, I thin will be OK.

They are on the steelbooks. Someone in the warehouse at best buy used a knife when opening the case from Lionsgate.

Out of the five sets, maybe a couple of them aren't as bad since it's a slight slash on maybe 2 out of the 4 steelbooks.

But it's a silver slash on black so you'll see it. If you've seen a slash, you've seen them all.

I won't be getting any more extras and feel fortunate that I had just enough to cover all the original 30 group buy members.

They are on the steelbooks. Someone in the warehouse at best buy used a knife when opening the case from Lionsgate.

Out of the five sets, maybe a couple of them aren't as bad since it's a slight slash on maybe 2 out of the 4 steelbooks.

But it's a silver slash on black so you'll see it. If you've seen a slash, you've seen them all.

I won't be getting any more extras and feel fortunate that I had just enough to cover all the original 30 group buy members.
Many thanks Andy for the detailed description, really helpful!

I for one, was "on a fence", due to the fact I don't really like the movies, but like the packaging presentation (SteelBooks and the outside box), so maybe this is my "answer" ... to, unfortunately, keep the money for some other items... :grumpy:
(sure, I thought also that those slashes could be somehow "tamed" if not covered using a close-color marker, as I did on other SteelBooks, but this can't be proven to work until had it in hands, so... :()

Maybe, how knows, Andy will still be able to order some more later on (although he said will not, and I know he does not order when the product is already released because will not be sent from warehouse), and maybe will be better... if not... :sour:

Last edited:
Maybe, how knows, Andy will still be able to order some more later on (although he said will not, and I know he does not order when the product is already released because will not be sent from warehouse), and maybe will be better... if not... :sour:

Definitely not.

In the news this morning, for Best Buy members that buy a lot (me!), they are removing the extra rewards layers. So what that means for group buys after the first week of May

1) Shorter returns timeframe (instead of 45 days, will instead be 15 days)
2) Going to take longer to receive group buy items - 2 day shipping will be dropped

Not super happy with these announced changes as they really help me do group buys in general.

Can you guys who post these images not a thumbnail post next time at least 100 of them in a single post so site will load half an hour?
FFS why can't if you have multiple images use as thumbnail not as actual size... Majority ppl are not on fibre you know -_-

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent