The Hunger Games Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 4, 2021
Release date: March 22, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $89.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6494570_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have seen the $500+ worth of sets I sent back :(
Yeah I bet! Such a shame because the outer box is very sturdy, so it would have had to take quite a knock or fall. Just disappointed these kinds of things aren’t taken more care of.

I didn't order through the GB but a couple of my steels had light scratching also.
Yeah it’s nothing to do with @apsmith21 and the GB of course, they’ve been mishandled with poor QC when the steels were boxed up.

What is curious, not sure if anyone else has noticed, but printed along the opening of each steel is the words ‘First Pressing.’ I wonder if this is what makes them limited abd exclusive to BB, and the ones we have now seen pop-up on Amazon Italy won’t have this.

Reactions: Lenny Nero and MM3
What is curious, not sure if anyone else has noticed, but printed along the opening of each steel is the words ‘First Pressing.’ I wonder if this is what makes them limited abd exclusive to BB, and the ones we have now seen pop-up on Amazon Italy won’t have this.

After American Psycho, all the recent Lionsgate steelbooks have this.

Another one to watch is the UK version of Hacksaw Ridge and what it has.

That would be another clue pointing to large amounts of copies sent to another country because hypothetically it was a edition that didn’t sell well.

Hello there,
Just a question about extras, is there all of them in that set ?
Thanks !

From the picture on Amazon, it shows all the steelbooks and films are included, but no one knows about content and how it’s presented for this edition.

Hello there,
Just a question about extras, is there all of them in that set ?
Thanks !
If you mean special features on discs themselves, then no. Even though those are not barebones UHD discs, and all 4 have the main long 2-hour+ documentaries and some other stuff, they, and accompanying BDs don't have all the featurettes. Primarily missing 4-6 featurettes of 12-14 mins each for 1st, 2nd, and 4th movies, from Target exclusive discs, German and French releases.
The 6-disc BD quadrilogy collects most of them for the first 3 films on its exclusive 6th bonus BD, but is still missing some for the last one.
Basically there's no one single release in the world that has all the extras in the world.

If you mean special features on discs themselves, then no. Even though those are not barebones UHD discs, and all 4 have the main long 2-hour+ documentaries and some other stuff, they, and accompanying BDs don't have all the featurettes. Primarily missing 4-6 featurettes of 12-14 mins each for 1st, 2nd, and 4th movies, from Target exclusive discs, German and French releases.
The 6-disc BD quadrilogy collects most of them for the first 3 films on its exclusive 6th bonus BD, but is still missing some for the last one.
Basically there's no one single release in the world that has all the extras in the world.
Thanks for that answer ! So, the best option is a mix between this one and the 6 discs blu ray set…

Thanks for that answer ! So, the best option is a mix between this one and the 6 discs blu ray set…
Basically yeah, that's the best, easiest, and cheapest bet.
I've collected 3-6 releases for each over the years, so I think have all the extras, but haven't even watched them all, as it's not a favorite, like The Fifth Element, or something.

Reactions: apsmith21
I received my set, 2 steelbooks had some small marks on them, item was still sealed so happened during production most likely.

Thank you very much for the GB @apsmith21
Looks great !
View attachment 532784

I most impressed by the design of this set. The composition, the artists and the story behind this effort is 1000% impressive