Release Date: October 19, 2021
Prices and Links:
Criterion- $31.96
Amazon- $39.95
DiabolikDVD- $29.99
1D907E7F-4859-4B38-A969-A1D344C9CF2B.jpeg

Director: Jack Arnold
Writers: Richard Matheson, Richard Alan Simmons
Starring: Grant Williams, Randy Stuart, April Kent, Paul Langton, Raymond Bailey
  • United States
  • 81 minutes
  • Black & White
  • 1.85:1
  • English
7DBA8839-B231-47C1-BDF4-893B4EAA4898.jpeg

Existentialism goes pop in this benchmark of atomic-age science fiction, a superlative adaptation of a novel by the legendary Richard Matheson that has awed and unnerved generations of viewers with the question, What is humanity’s place amid the infinity of the universe? Six months after being exposed to a mysterious radiation cloud, suburban everyman Scott Carey (Grant Williams) finds himself becoming smaller . . . and smaller . . . and smaller—until he’s left to fend for himself in a world in which ordinary cats, mousetraps, and spiders pose a mortal threat, all while grappling with a diminishing sense of himself. Directed by the prolific creature-feature impresario Jack Arnold with ingenious optical effects and a transcendent metaphysical ending, The Incredible Shrinking Man gazes with wonder and trepidation into the unknowable vastness of the cosmic void.

64EE3437-D672-4F1C-9102-13E0A2E9DC36.jpeg

SPECIAL FEATURES​

• New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • New audio commentary featuring genre-film historian Tom Weaver and horror-music expert David Schecter
  • New program on the film’s special effects by effects experts Craig Barron and Ben Burtt
  • New conversation between filmmaker Joe Dante and comedian and writer Dana Gould
  • Auteur on the Campus: Jack Arnold at Universal (Director’s Cut) (2021)
  • Interview from 2016 with Richard Christian Matheson, novelist and screenwriter Richard Matheson’s son
  • Interview with director Jack Arnold from 1983
  • 8 mm home-cinema version from 1957
  • Trailer and teaser narrated by filmmaker Orson Welles
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Geoffrey O’Brien

Original Theatrical Trailer:

Last edited:
Cool! Love this film! But it should be 4K + Blu-Ray. Arrow release is god enough for now. I will not buy a region free player in 2021.. The Bloob (1958) from Criterion is a great colorful movie! It is a 4K restoration as well.

Attachments

• 20210724_133832.jpg
    20210724_133832.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
Well, i managed to turn my old ps3 into a multi region blu ray player so i have to get this incredible masterpiece! Hopefully it is worth the upgrade