Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: The Interpreter

Genre: War, Action, Thriller

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal

Plot: On his last tour of duty in Afghanistan, Sergeant John Kinley is teamed with local interpreter Ahmed to survey the region. When their unit is ambushed on patrol, Kinley and Ahmed are the only survivors. With enemy combatants in pursuit, Ahmed risks his own life to carry an injured Kinley across miles of grueling terrain to safety. Back on U.S. soil, Kinley learns that Ahmed and his family were not given passage to America as promised. Determined to protect his friend and repay his debt, Kinley returns to the warzone to retrieve Ahmed and his family before the local militias reach them first.

covenant.jpeg

Modern wars in third world countries used to be one of my favorite genres, movies like Three Kings, Black Hawk Down, Green Zone, Body of Lies, The Kingdom, etc, but there hasn't been a good one for a decade, except maybe Tripple Frontier and The Outpost, and this Bad-Taliban-but-not-all-muslim-bad type of story is boring.
This is also an unusual type of story for the director, yet being advertised like 'The 4th Film by Quentin Tarantino', if you get what I mean.

Previous Guy Ritchie movie was so violently hidden for so long, that the next one's already here.
I just hope it surprises the hell out of me.

Saw this last night. It’s a pretty solid film with great acting from the 2 leads and very good action/tension. I recommend you checking it out in theaters.

To me this film is important because it highlights how our government has failed so many who have helped us.

To me this film is important because it highlights how our government has failed so many who have helped us.

I completely agree that the treatment of some veterans is appalling, but on the grand scale, maybe don't go 'spreading democracy' to other countries, when no one asked you... :censored:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database