The Invisible Man (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: September 10, 2020
Purchase link: JSDVD
Price: NT$1,380

EFF9EDAA-2637-4990-8678-EA7B564FC08E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think JSDVD banned me for canceling too many orders. They never said it but when I purchased this and Psycho they cancelled my order for no reason and their explanation was they can’t provide me with satisfactory service. I spent way more in fulfilled orders than cancelled orders so screw them. I ordered both steelbooks from CX Media and emailed them my order confirmation and told them it was their loss.

Covid is causing all kinds of problems for worldwide shipping and flights :(

Today at 6pm it will be officially announced that Dublin city will enter phase 3 of a lockdown. As this is the capital it will probably affect postal services even more as almost everything enters the country through there :(

It's expected to last at least 3 weeks.....

Dropped them an email and asked them if they mark items as a gift or with low value..
This was the response..

All of the items we ship will be marked as home entertainment products.

Thank you.

Best regards,
CX Media.

Well, that's cleared that up then...

I just looked on the website and found they said they do not provide the service of marking the product low-valued.
I mean it's excusable, after all they may be listed on the blacklist by the customs.

Reactions: leelee17
I wish the artwork choice for this movie would be less lacklustre. It's not like I don't like it at all, but I'd prefer better Steelbook art and at least some kind of finish on the Fullslip :(

A shame, since I really enjoyed the movie.

I somewhat regret getting this because while waiting for it to arrive, EverythingBlu and BluFans have since announced their own releases of it, but all-in-all this is a very nice and very clean release that I’m glad to have on my shelf.

Slipbox has probably the best art possible for this movie and is spot gloss finished. The book is in English and nice enough. The steelbook is meh but at least is nearly glossy compared to the cheap US version. The standard Blu-ray has art unlike the US version. It’s a very nice package.

Oh and the loose lenticular card is interesting but kinda useless and unnecessary, always found loose lenticulars an odd choice. If it were a Steelbook magnet I’d change my tune.

B8Uoffn.jpg

WMkjb4U.jpg

[edit] Actually, the slipbox has enough room to comfortably fit a steelbook magnet (just tried a FilmArena one) so if I get an adhesive magnetic sheet and access to a smart cutter machine or even just the right sized radial scissors or something of the like, I could potentially easily turn it into a lenticular Steelbook magnet... it is the exact correct height and width, only needs the corners rounded.

Last edited:
There is a difference in finish on the steelbooks between the U.S. and the rest of the world?

It’s still matte but it’s more saturated with ink, there’s more color, it’s much less streaked, and definitely shinier. Not to the point of glossy but a much better quality matte. It could potentially be the so called “satin” finish that I’ve never actually seen in person, IDK.

The BestBuy version has a worse finish in every way.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Love this film<3 It just won some prizes in CRITICS CHOICE SUPER. Totally deserved!!
Although the steelbook is just ok, the lenticular card is really attractive for me......

Reactions: leelee17
Trying to place order from SofaCinema but can't get past "Add mobile number". Don't own a cell phone so typed in my regular land line number but it won't accept it. How do I work around this? Don't even know what a mobile # is. Is this the same as a cell phone #?

Trying to place order from SofaCinema but can't get past "Add mobile number". Don't own a cell phone so typed in my regular land line number but it won't accept it. How do I work around this? Don't even know what a mobile # is. Is this the same as a cell phone #?
I just ordered, you have to add the code for your country