Writer: Steven Zaillian
Starring: Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Bobby Cannavale, Jack Huston
  • United States
  • 208 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.85:1
  • English
F5C174FF-9FFF-4AC5-8EFE-20C5A453CD9B.jpeg

Martin Scorsese’s cinematic mastery is on full display in this sweeping crime saga, which serves as an elegiac summation of his six-decade career. Left behind by the world, former hit man and union truck driver Frank Sheeran (Robert De Niro) looks back from a nursing home on his life’s journey through the ranks of organized crime: from his involvement with Philadelphia mob boss Russell Bufalino (Joe Pesci) to his association with Teamsters union head Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino) to the rift that forced him to choose between the two. An intimate story of loyalty and betrayal writ large across the epic canvas of mid-twentieth-century American history, The Irishman (based on the real-life Sheeran’s confessions, as told to writer Charles Brandt for the book I Heard You Paint Houses) is a uniquely reflective late-career triumph that balances its director’s virtuoso set pieces with a profoundly personal rumination on aging, mortality, and the decisions and regrets that shape a life.

36192A39-92DF-4220-BBC1-57B60841CBF4.jpeg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
  • New 4K digital master, approved by director Martin Scorsese, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Newly edited roundtable conversation among Scorsese and actors Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci, originally recorded in 2019
  • New documentary about the making of the film featuring Scorsese; the lead actors; producers Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Jane Rosenthal, and Irwin Winkler; director of photography Rodrigo Prieto; and others from the cast and crew
  • New video essay written and narrated by film critic Farran Smith Nehme about The Irishman’s synthesis of Scorsese’s singular formal style
  • The Evolution of Digital De-aging, a 2019 program on the visual effects created for the film
  • Archival interview excerpts with Frank “the Irishman” Sheeran and International Brotherhood of Teamsters trade union leader Jimmy Hoffa
  • Trailer and teaser
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Geoffrey O’Brien

ORIGINAL TRAILER:

Last edited by a moderator:
$31.96

kT0FaLFVzZ8HUvpqsoKIi98fEdZL8i_large.jpg

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
  • New 4K digital master, approved by director Martin Scorsese, with Dolby Atmos soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Newly edited roundtable conversation among Scorsese and actors Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci, originally recorded in 2019
  • New documentary about the making of the film featuring Scorsese; the lead actors; producers Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Jane Rosenthal, and Irwin Winkler; director of photography Rodrigo Prieto; and others from the cast and crew
  • New video essay written and narrated by film critic Farran Smith Nehme about The Irishman’s synthesis of Scorsese’s singular formal style
  • The Evolution of Digital De-aging, a 2019 program on the visual effects created for the film
  • Archival interview excerpts with Frank “the Irishman” Sheeran and International Brotherhood of Teamsters trade union leader Jimmy Hoffa
  • Trailer and teaser
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Geoffrey O’Brien

Just realized that they don't ship outside the US aside from Canada. Will there be a GB for this?
It will be availavle to purchase from Amazon USA and other USA retailers like WowHD in coming weeks

Amazon USA listing when goes live initially likely will say not availavle for delivery to your address for customers based outside USA but will eventually change to be possible to order
This can be a few weeks after going live to closer to release date it varies

It will be availavle to purchase from Amazon USA and other USA retailers like WowHD

Amazon USA listing when goes live initially likely will say not availavle for delivery to your address for customers based outside USA but will eventually change to be possible to order
This can be a few weeks after going live to closer to release date
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Looks like no UK release? Will this possibly be region free then? Apparently Come & See is...

Looks like no UK release? Will this possibly be region free then? Apparently Come & See is...
Criterion USA only releases most beside a very few exceptions are Region A locked

There is no info yet if a UK distributor will be doing home media release for the Irishman
It's still on Netflix

Hopefully Criterion will be doing a UK release but has not been confirned yet if they will be

Reactions: VVD
Criterion USA only releases most beside a very few exceptions are Region A locked

There is no info yet if a UK distributor will be doing home media release for the Irishman
It's still on Netflix

Hopefully Criterion will be doing a UK release but has not been confirned yet if they will be
Hopefully their view will be that Criterion will be the only possible physical option and it'll get a UK release, as Marriage Story did...
Is there a possibility it gets removed from Netflix ever then?

Hopefully their view will be that Criterion will be the only possible physical option and it'll get a UK release, as Marriage Story did...
Is there a possibility it gets removed from Netflix ever then?
The Irishman is a netflix original production so will be on Netflix long term and will be still there regeardless of any home media releases
Netflix own the film rights and financed the film production

The Irishman is a netflix original production so will be on Netflix long term and will be still there regeardless of any home media releases
That's what I thought as well, same with Roma & Marriage Story. Both big Netflix productions that also got a UK release so fingers crossed for this one!

@C.C. 95

Did you not see Iron Man post in all forum sections

@C.C. 95

I’v been curating the CC section for years. You are just noticing that I do this section a little different?!
(if you wanna go back and change it all - knock yourself out! :LOL: )

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
@C.C. 95

@paulboland
seriously - I started doing it a certain way - and by the time I saw that I was doing it differently - I was a bit deep in the woods.
so, I figured that for uniformity in this particular section, it would just be easier to let it be slightly different in this section Rather than try to reformat the top info section on every listing that already exists In this section.
maybe, one day if I have the time, I will reformat - but I figure it works here. Just slightly different.
89C27715-15B8-42D0-BD84-C8E993A513EE.gif

Reactions: paulboland