Netflix The Killer - Streaming November 10, 2023

I came away feeling somewhat dissatisfied. It was missing the complexity I thought a lone hitman thriller should have.
Point and shoot and not even that for the most part.
The Florida section was a standout but other than that it was rather ordinary.
I dunno, maybe the anticipation for another Seven combo of Fincher and Andrew Kevin Walker was too high a bar.
Was entertaining enough but nothing special for me.
7/10

There's an inherent wish, at least for me, to like, or associate myself with the main, or one of the characters of whatever I'm watching, and usually that's the intention most screenplays are written with. But it doesn't have to always be so. It is, however, very hard for a film to leave a positive impression if you didn't like the character or story. I think that's why some people thought this movie wasn't good.
Personally I didn't agree with everything the 'Killer' said, but most of it was true, and the film itself gave away so many 'secrets', so to say. I suppose they're all, and more, known to any special detective authorities dealing with such 'cases', but it's definitely the first time I'm seeing something that accurate and meticulous shown in a major motion picture. Not to say it's not without fault - I'm not going to pick apart every little thing I've noticed, but the initial blunt that sets the whole string of events in motion could've been avoided. Such an experienced 'professional' wouldn't make that mistake, but then 'the movie wouldn't happen', so... let's assume he was sleep-deprived, and got too anxious, wanted to get it over with.
Pretty much everything after that was great, almost perfect, including the reasons, intentions, and the ending.

There's an inherent wish, at least for me, to like, or associate myself with the main, or one of the characters of whatever I'm watching, and usually that's the intention most screenplays are written with. But it doesn't have to always be so. It is, however, very hard for a film to leave a positive impression if you didn't like the character or story. I think that's why some people thought this movie wasn't good.
Personally I didn't agree with everything the 'Killer' said, but most of it was true, and the film itself gave away so many 'secrets', so to say. I suppose they're all, and more, known to any special detective authorities dealing with such 'cases', but it's definitely the first time I'm seeing something that accurate and meticulous shown in a major motion picture. Not to say it's not without fault - I'm not going to pick apart every little thing I've noticed, but the initial blunt that sets the whole string of events in motion could've been avoided. Such an experienced 'professional' wouldn't make that mistake, but then 'the movie wouldn't happen', so... let's assume he was sleep-deprived, and got too anxious, wanted to get it over with.
Pretty much everything after that was great, almost perfect, including the reasons, intentions, and the ending.
I think he’s giving up/ retiring, or at least he’s not aware of that yet but because of how sloppy he is and does everything the opposite of his narration, that he’s on the path to realising, this is it for me. F**k it I’m rewriting the rules. And then the spanner in the works is because he has a younger partner and in love which is not something we usually see in hitman/ assassin films that he’s on his path to giving his job up. And obviously it goes the wrong way when he gets back to the safe house so he does whatever to get revenge.
I dunno. I just really enjoyed it

It’s clear he was once incredible at his job but it did make me laugh how much he f**ks up. Wrong assassination, wrong dosage to the dog, the guy he says has 6/7 mins to die to get the info out of him but accidentally kills him sooner and few others parts. Just wasn’t expecting that