ayr1c8.jpg

2w68fp2.jpg

zjfasy.jpg

4-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

16.jpg

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/c889573" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/c889573" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Pre-Order: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BSA18K/?tag=hidefnin-20

Last edited by a moderator:
After a few hours of playing, I can definitely say that the game is enjoyable... but equally as frustrating! I eventually had to turn it off because I was beginning to lose my patience with the controls, and some of the forced camera angles really don't help... certain areas were taking me three times as long to get through because of those issues alone. Hopefully it's something I'm able to get used to though, because apart from that it's a great experience so far. :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
After a few hours of playing, I can definitely say that the game is enjoyable... but equally as frustrating! I eventually had to turn it off because I was beginning to lose my patience with the controls, and some of the forced camera angles really don't help... certain areas were taking me three times as long to get through because of those issues alone. Hopefully it's something I'm able to get used to though, because apart from that it's a great experience so far. :)

Sounds like a standard Ueda game to me. :rofl: It took me a few tries to get Ico to stick with me... and years apart before it became a favorite. And I've never finished SotC on my own through a frustration cocktail of controls and camera. Still love the atmosphere and presentation of it though.

I'd like to think the experience with those has me primed for some of the niggling factors in TLG. I think we all knew they were probably going to be there... no game comes through 9 years of 'development issues' as clean as a whistle. Patience will be key. And I'm real short fused with games these days so it's going to take all my Zen. :confused::D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Sounds like a standard Ueda game to me. :rofl: It took me a few tries to get Ico to stick with me... and years apart before it became a favorite. And I've never finished SotC on my own through a frustration cocktail of controls and camera. Still love the atmosphere and presentation of it though.

I'd like to think the experience with those has me primed for some of the niggling factors in TLG. I think we all knew they were probably going to be there... no game comes through 9 years of 'development issues' as clean as a whistle. Patience will be key. And I'm real short fused with games these days so it's going to take all my Zen. :confused::D
This is my first ever Ueda game, so the frustrating controls are all very new to me... I'm slowly getting to grips with them now though, so certain things aren't so much of a struggle any more. Unfortunately, there are still a few minor problems I have with it, like not having a clue what to do because they don't make it clear enough... not that I want to be given really obvious directions, but a small hint would be helpful at times. Seriously, I struggled for about 10 minutes on one section (all I'll say is that it involved a tree) before I got my hair off and just starting mashing all the buttons, which ironically did the trick and things then progressed. :LOL:

But, yeah... you definitely need patience with this one, which is something I tend not to have with videogames. This game is pretty addictive though, and it's a serious time killer... I've spent most of today on it and it's literally flown by -- that's when you know a game is good! I'm falling in love with Trico too... he feels like a family pet to me now haha. If anything happens to him at the end I'll be devastated! :cry:

This is my first ever Ueda game, so the frustrating controls are all very new to me... I'm slowly getting to grips with them now though, so certain things aren't so much of a struggle any more. Unfortunately, there are still a few minor problems I have with it, like not having a clue what to do because they don't make it clear enough... not that I want to be given really obvious directions, but a small hint would be helpful at times. Seriously, I struggled for about 10 minutes on one section (all I'll say is that it involved a tree) before I got my hair off and just starting mashing all the buttons, which ironically did the trick and things then progressed. :LOL:

But, yeah... you definitely need patience with this one, which is something I tend not to have with videogames. This game is pretty addictive though, and it's a serious time killer... I've spent most of today on it and it's literally flown by -- that's when you know a game is good! I'm falling in love with Trico too... he feels like a family pet to me now haha. If anything happens to him at the end I'll be devastated! :cry:

Ah interesting. I'm thinking anyone who hasn't played Ico and SotC would feel the game is kind of a time warp. I haven't played myself yet but everything I've heard from people makes it sound as though it retains the 'PS2 sensibilities'. We forget sometimes that it was only a console generation ago that games really started labouring tutorials at the start of their games. Which is to say Ico and SotC pretty much drop you into their worlds as well and leave you to it without much in the way of explanation. This is another reason I struggled with SotC... you have a sense of where to go but the landscape is so vast it's easy to feel lost. Then there's the puzzle element of figuring out how to defeat every enemy.

I'll probably jump in at some point later today and struggle too even if I feel I know what to expect. :D If all else fails I'll take your approach and mash the buttons. :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I completed this yesterday... frustrating controls aside, it was a really enjoyable game overall. It's not very often that I wished a game was longer!

Second day in a row I've had to take a break because the game's made me feel a bit...

NuDI1xn.gif

When one thing bugs me (usually Trico not doing what I'm hoping for!) it starts to snowball and I start getting pissed at the kid flailing around and landing on his face or being imprecise around edges. Or trying to get the little turd to look back to make a jump! :rofl: Classic Ueda all over again for me... I'll probably quit and come back again in 3 years and love it! :woot::LOL: I knew this was coming too... it was fully anticipated and yet I wasn't really ready!

Second day in a row I've had to take a break because the game's made me feel a bit...

NuDI1xn.gif

When one thing bugs me (usually Trico not doing what I'm hoping for!) it starts to snowball and I start getting pissed at the kid flailing around and landing on his face or being imprecise around edges. Or trying to get the little turd to look back to make a jump! :rofl: Classic Ueda all over again for me... I'll probably quit and come back again in 3 years and love it! :woot::LOL: I knew this was coming too... it was fully anticipated and yet I wasn't really ready!
Haha I can definitely relate to that... I'm sure anyone who's played the game probably can actually. The controls are so damn frustrating! I had to keep taking breaks too, because my controller would've ended up going through the TV otherwise. :pain:

That's never a good sign. It's too bad this wasn't released on the PS3 back when gamers weren't Twitch gamers with a super tiny attention span. These kind of unique, special games don't appeal to the mass audience of gamers anymore. :dunno:

Sad, but true :(
Yep, very sad! I'd much rather play this over any CoD type game.

Despite the frustrating at times (well most the time) and twiddly controls I f*ckingg loved this game!!

Only got a ps4 2ish months ago and was the first game I played, I found it so mesmerising and beautiful. Kinda reminds me of never ending story in a way, mainly because of trico (if I ever have my own dog it's getting named that FYI)

Didn't want it to end in a way, then I moved onto uncharted 4 which is much better controls as expected and a nice relief after this haha

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Despite the frustrating at times (well most the time) and twiddly controls I f*ckingg loved this game!!

Only got a ps4 2ish months ago and was the first game I played, I found it so mesmerising and beautiful. Kinda reminds me of never ending story in a way, mainly because of trico (if I ever have my own dog it's getting named that FYI)

Didn't want it to end in a way, then I moved onto uncharted 4 which is much better controls as expected and a nice relief after this haha
I meant to ask you how you'd been getting on with this... glad you enjoyed it dude! :thumbs:

Haha same about naming a pet Trico... I imagine a lot of other people have probably done the same lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
I meant to ask you how you'd been getting on with this... glad you enjoyed it dude! :thumbs:

Haha same about naming a pet Trico... I imagine a lot of other people have probably done the same lol.

Haha yeah I bet, I have names that I would name pets and kids be sure of films and games etc

Yeah I really liked this. I never played the last 2 games. Is it shadow of the colossus and ICO

I remembered this morning I got it wrong - I played uncharted 4 first - to match what I did when I first got a PS3 and I was just excited to play it, then this and then arkham knight

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Haha yeah I bet, I have names that I would name pets and kids be sure of films and games etc

Yeah I really liked this. I never played the last 2 games. Is it shadow of the colossus and ICO

I remembered this morning I got it wrong - I played uncharted 4 first - to match what I did when I first got a PS3 and I was just excited to play it, then this and then arkham knight
Thing is, we're actually getting a dog at the end of the month, but my sister is paying for it, so she obviously got to name it.

I've never played them either, but I know @tridon highly recommends them and we always seem to have the exact same taste when it comes to games, so they're high on my playlist. :)

There's no right/wrong order to play those three games to be fair... all of them are pretty epic! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Thing is, we're actually getting a dog at the end of the month, but my sister is paying for it, so she obviously got to name it.

I've never played them either, but I know @tridon highly recommends them and we always seem to have the exact same taste when it comes to games, so they're high on my playlist. :)

There's no right/wrong order to play those three games to be fair... all of them are pretty epic! :D

Any ideas on names?

I have 2 - Archie & Louie (family dogs)
Had a few before them and many other pets but I won't go through all their names except we did have a bird named Petrie after the Pterodactyl in the land before time and a terrapin named zilla lol

But If I ever get dogs one will 100% be trico and always wanted Kingsley and I know it might be stupid or boring to some but ive always wanted to call a dog snoop. For obvious reasons (Nate would be a 4th choice lol)

Ahh ok that's cool, he does have a good taste when it comes to games, films and horror etc (like you and myself lol)

Yep all 3 were epic. I just love the 4 uncharted and 4 batman games - not played the telltale series (is it?) but I don't like the look of it IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon
Any ideas on names?

I have 2 - Archie & Louie (family dogs)
Had a few before them and many other pets but I won't go through all their names except we did have a bird named Petrie after the Pterodactyl in the land before time and a terrapin named zilla lol

But If I ever get dogs one will 100% be trico and always wanted Kingsley and I know it might be stupid or boring to some but ive always wanted to call a dog snoop. For obvious reasons (Nate would be a 4th choice lol)

Ahh ok that's cool, he does have a good taste when it comes to games, films and horror etc (like you and myself lol)

Yep all 3 were epic. I just love the 4 uncharted and 4 batman games - not played the telltale series (is it?) but I don't like the look of it IMO
She's already named it Rigby, which I don't mind to be honest. My niece commented that there's a character in a cartoon she watches (Regular Show) called Rigby, and he has a friend called Mordcai, which instantly made me think of the bird in Royal Tenenbaums... now I want a pet of my own just so I can name it Mordecai lol. Haha a terrapin named Zilla... genius! :LOL:

Cool names for dogs... I like Kingsley, but Snoop always makes me think of chavs as most of them seem to name their dog that. I went through a stage of wanting a dog and calling it Bronson, but then I once heard a chav shouting the name to his Bulldog, so it put me off it lol.

Yeah, Telltale did that recent comic style Batman game... I wasn't sure about their Walking Dead game at first, but I seriously recommend trying their stuff out mate if you haven't already, as you might be surprised by them. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon