The Last of Us Day 1/9 Scale Figures

Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
942473_410614.jpeg

So Naughty Dog just announced the release of new statues for Joel and Ellie original game.

Price: 35000 Yen / £260
Size: 1/9 Scale [22cm for Joel / 19cm for Ellie]
Release Date: March 2021

Quite expensive but considering the Collector's Edition going for around £1000 I suppose this is a good deal.

Am not too keen on Ellie to be honest, I don't think her eyes/look matches very well but I wouldn't mind Joel one. Almost paid 1k for the Pandemic Edition ones earlier this year.

@Noodles What you think? Thought you might like this.

By the way, anyone know if the new trade agreement UK signed with Japan after 2021 means we not going to pay import fees from Japan?

942473_410614.jpeg

So Naughty Dog just announced the release of new statues for Joel and Ellie original game.

Price: 35000 Yen / £260
Size: 1/9 Scale [22cm for Joel / 19cm for Ellie]
Release Date: March 2021

Quite expensive but considering the Collector's Edition going for around £1000 I suppose this is a good deal.

Am not too keen on Ellie to be honest, I don't think her eyes/look matches very well but I wouldn't mind Joel one. Almost paid 1k for the Pandemic Edition ones earlier this year.

@Noodles What you think? Thought you might like this.

By the way, anyone know if the new trade agreement UK signed with Japan after 2021 means we not going to pay import fees from Japan?
Thank buddy! I could've been tempted but, yeah... too expensive for me and Ellie's likeness is way off. I already have the Pandemic Edition statue anyway which suits me just fine. :)

Wasn't aware of a new trade agreement with Japan btw. Would obviously be nice if import fees were dropped, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Reactions: Thoth
Thank buddy! I could've been tempted but, yeah... too expensive for me and Ellie's likeness is way off. I already have the Pandemic Edition statue anyway which suits me just fine. :)

Wasn't aware of a new trade agreement with Japan btw. Would obviously be nice if import fees were dropped, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Oh gawd I really want the Pandemic one lol but I can't justify spending 1k for it on eBay :offtopic:

I also hope import fees are dropped since Japan is big in the gaming/collectible market.

Reactions: Noodles
Oh gawd I really want the Pandemic one lol but I can't justify spending 1k for it on eBay :offtopic:

I also hope import fees are dropped since Japan is big in the gaming/collectible market.
Thankfully I was lucky enough to grab the statue for £80 when somewhere over here (think it was either GameSeek or 365Games) randomly got some in stock around the release of TLOU. I'd never pay 1k for it mate... it's not even worth half that! Hell, I hesitated even buying it at £80 until a friend convinced me lol. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more statues released in the years to come, so probably just worth being patient bud.

Yeah, removing import fees for Japan would definitely be helpful to the community here since that's where most of our premium edition steels come from. That said, I always ask the sellers to mark the cost of the item lower anyway, so don't usually get hit with any fees anyway. :censored:

Reactions: Thoth
Thankfully I was lucky enough to grab the statue for £80 when somewhere over here (think it was either GameSeek or 365Games) randomly got some in stock around the release of TLOU. I'd never pay 1k for it mate... it's not even worth half that! Hell, I hesitated even buying it at £80 until a friend convinced me lol. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more statues released in the years to come, so probably just worth being patient bud.

Yeah, removing import fees for Japan would definitely be helpful to the community here since that's where most of our premium edition steels come from. That said, I always ask the sellers to mark the cost of the item lower anyway, so don't usually get hit with any fees anyway. :censored:

Nice man, £80 sounds like a sweet deal haha.
You are probably right.. I should probably wait as it seems the resin statue business seems to be blooming nowadays. Even noticed some people doing their own at home so probably soon enough more copies will hit the market. I could only hope haha

I haven't shopped much around Japan as I don't know exactly where is best to shop from but I did notice they have a lot of collectibles and steels. Been looking for the longest while for some Resident Evil Collectible Guns and they seem to have a lot of them but hesitated to buy as I don't know what extra fees it involves.

Reactions: Noodles