PS4 The Last of Us Part 2 Special Edition

Personally think having Abby on the back makes more sense than Joel. I absolutely loved everything about the game by the way. :drool:
Totally agree :thumbs: I think people have been too quick to judge based on the few bits they've seen (and don't like), but the game is so much more than that. My only complaint with the steelbook is I find Abby's likeness a bit off, I'm close to finishing the game and I still have trouble recognising them as the same person :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Totally agree :thumbs: I think people have been too quick to judge based on the few bits they've seen (and don't like), but the game is so much more than that. My only complaint with the steelbook is I find Abby's likeness a bit off, I'm close to finishing the game and I still have trouble recognising them as the same person :p
A lot seem to be hating on it before even playing it and basing their thoughts purely on the leaks, so their opinion is null IMO. Looking back at the spoilers now that I've completed the game, I can kind of understand why some were worried about certain "events", but as you said... watching it all unfold for yourself gives it more weight. Just a shame most are going out of their way to trash talk the game purely because it seems to be the edgy thing to do at the moment. Either that or they're massively homophobic -- I've already unfollowed a number of folks on social media for making that blatantly clear. But, yeah... I agree about Abby's likeness on the steelbook. When I first saw the artwork I didn't even realise who it was lol.

A lot seem to be hating on it before even playing it and basing their thoughts purely on the leaks, so their opinion is null IMO. Looking back at the spoilers now that I've completed the game, I can kind of understand why some were worried about certain "events", but as you said... watching it all unfold for yourself gives it more weight. Just a shame most are going out of their way to trash talk the game purely because it seems to be the edgy thing to do at the moment. Either that or they're massively homophobic -- I've already unfollowed a number of folks on social media for making that blatantly clear. But, yeah... I agree about Abby's likeness on the steelbook. When I first saw the artwork I didn't even realise who it was lol.

100% echo this, context is everything...it’s a shame some have to double down on dumb, and other have to follow dumb for views...I’ve unfollowed a few YouTube channels too.

Reactions: Noodles
100% echo this, context is everything...it’s a shame some have to double down on dumb, and other have to follow dumb for views...I’ve unfollowed a few YouTube channels too.
Imagine if those people put their energy into something actually worthwhile, rather than constantly bashing a videogame that doesn't effect their life in the slightest. I kept seeing one particular guy on my IG comment on every single PS and ND post about how much he hated the game and why ("Abby is the worst wahh wahh waaahh"). I mean, really? I know a lot of people are out of work at the moment, but surely they can find a hobby or something to better pass their time lol. Either that or just go play a different game *shrug*

Reactions: Lukesablade

Respectfully disagree

The hate was with the leaks, not just one cutscene being shown but A LOT of the game, also a lot of people got their copies early so they could weigh in sooner, it's basically like those giving it perfect 10/10 scores before launch so it went both ways.

Even with the context in the game it was just overall poorly done, like for example if we take the earliest issue, it wasn't that Joel died, it's HOW he died, he went out like a b**** and it went against his character logic he built up in the first game. You had moments in the first game where Ellie would say Joels name and he would scould Ellie because he knew how much he had f***** people over in the past, then you also have the moment he knew a hunter was pretending to be injured and how the whole thing was an ambush yet he just decided to waltz into a place full of people he didn't know while announcing who he was or where they both came from. I'm sorry but that alone made no sense from Joel and just seemed poorly done to push the game into that moment for shock value.

Abby was a terrible character, even if she didn't kill Joel, she was just poorly done and the character design...like she's a tank, she could punch the infected to death like she was one punch man. I could go on and on, I mean not advertising her then making us play her for HALF the game, come on. Then we could go on about plot holes, how the game spits on the legacy of the first game along with the god awful ending where Ellie basically just lets her go after everything, like Abby dosen't just kill Joel but tortures him, enjoying every moment, almost kills Diana knowing she's pregnant ("She's pregnant" ......"Good"), kills Jessie, shoots Tommy in the eye along with crippling him and beats the crap out of Ellie herself yet she lets her go, just like that. while Ellie struggled to forgive Joel over his lie which while a selfish move, he did save her still, it was never guaranteed the cure would work as stated in the notes from the first game and how they tried on a dozen other people with little success rate.

So sorry I disagree and it's not about you enjoying the game, my problem is I don't think it's fair to say everyone who doesn't like it are being "edgy" and because it's what's currently "in" at the moment, people don't like the story plain and simple. It's not just trolls, haters, bots, it's fans of the first game who were excited as hell for this one. If you enjoyed it, along with anyone else good for you but bashing those who don't is just silly sorry to say, it's unfair. No one is hating on it for "no reason", as for the homphobic people, I get it people like that exist but it's not the main people and if that was true the first game would have had an awful user score along with the DLC. I think it's a solid game but it was a god awful terrible story which is badly paced where now I don't care if they make another.

It's the same as Star Wars the Last Jedi when you had a small bunch of people being sexist and trolling for the sake of it yet journalists branded EVERYONE into the same group.

Anyway that's my take on it.

Respectfully disagree

The hate was with the leaks, not just one cutscene being shown but A LOT of the game, also a lot of people got their copies early so they could weigh in sooner, it's basically like those giving it perfect 10/10 scores before launch so it went both ways.

Even with the context in the game it was just overall poorly done, like for example if we take the earliest issue, it wasn't that Joel died, it's HOW he died, he went out like a b**** and it went against his character logic he built up in the first game. You had moments in the first game where Ellie would say Joels name and he would scould Ellie because he knew how much he had f***** people over in the past, then you also have the moment he knew a hunter was pretending to be injured and how the whole thing was an ambush yet he just decided to waltz into a place full of people he didn't know while announcing who he was or where they both came from. I'm sorry but that alone made no sense from Joel and just seemed poorly done to push the game into that moment for shock value.

Abby was a terrible character, even if she didn't kill Joel, she was just poorly done and the character design...like she's a tank, she could punch the infected to death like she was one punch man. I could go on and on, I mean not advertising her then making us play her for HALF the game, come on. Then we could go on about plot holes, how the game spits on the legacy of the first game along with the god awful ending where Ellie basically just lets her go after everything, like Abby dosen't just kill Joel but tortures him, enjoying every moment, almost kills Diana knowing she's pregnant ("She's pregnant" ......"Good"), kills Jessie, shoots Tommy in the eye along with crippling him and beats the crap out of Ellie herself yet she lets her go, just like that. while Ellie struggled to forgive Joel over his lie which while a selfish move, he did save her still, it was never guaranteed the cure would work as stated in the notes from the first game and how they tried on a dozen other people with little success rate.

So sorry I disagree and it's not about you enjoying the game, my problem is I don't think it's fair to say everyone who doesn't like it are being "edgy" and because it's what's currently "in" at the moment, people don't like the story plain and simple. It's not just trolls, haters, bots, it's fans of the first game who were excited as hell for this one. If you enjoyed it, along with anyone else good for you but bashing those who don't is just silly sorry to say, it's unfair. No one is hating on it for "no reason", as for the homphobic people, I get it people like that exist but it's not the main people and if that was true the first game would have had an awful user score along with the DLC. I think it's a solid game but it was a god awful terrible story which is badly paced where now I don't care if they make another.

It's the same as Star Wars the Last Jedi when you had a small bunch of people being sexist and trolling for the sake of it yet journalists branded EVERYONE into the same group.

Anyway that's my take on it.
See, I can appreciate when someone like yourself actually bothers to explain in detail why they weren't a fan... not many folks are because they're clearly just going off what was leaked (or at least that was the case last time I checked).

But anyway... of course I wasn't literally referring to EVERYONE when I said people are just trying to be "edgy" (just like you weren't when you said "people don't like the story plain and simple"). However, the majority of folks I've seen going out of there way to constantly bash it come across that way -- most don't even make any valid points to back up their argument... they're just hating for the sake of it. So there certainly are those trolling for no apparent reason, but then that's what trolls do.

Again, I can understand the dislike when someone takes the time to explain their reasons, as you did. So...

Correct, it felt out of character for Joel, but it is what it is and it honestly didn't bother me that they quickly cut to the chase... death can come at you out of nowhere and everyone lets their guard down every now and again. He'd just saved Abby's life, and so probably felt he could trust her with his in the moment. Plus he'd aged 7 years, so maybe he's not as sharp as before lol. But what you said about them just waltzing in is something that's always kinda bothered me with both games... the characters often open/crawl under doors and jump through windows/over ledges without checking first. :ohno:

I absolutely loved Abby! I felt she was a nice addition to the game and was very different to any female protagonist I'd played before. I genuinely sympathised with her, as I did with Ellie... so when it came time for them both to fight, I often found myself hesitating because I didn't want either to get hurt or die. The game is all about revenge though and how people deal with that. That's the biggest complaint I've heard for legitimate critics to be fair... the ending. I guess we all took something different away from that, because it basically opened my eyes to the fact that seeking revenge is a waste of time (not that the game was, but that's the point I felt it was trying to make), because you'll probably never feel justice or peace from hurting those who hurt you, and instead just need to accept and come to terms with it, as both Abby and Ellie eventually did. Perfect ending IMO!

That's about all I can be bothered to say for now lol. And I'm not going to comment on homophobes any more than I already have... they don't deserve the time. Those comments definitely were there with the previous games though FYI. Granted, a smaller minority, but they still existed.

Reactions: Thoth
What most disgusted me in this whole TLOU2 mixed opinion news was people sending death threats to Abby's voice actor for not liking the story. So pathetic..
i know lol... that was like the most re..ta..rd..ed thing ive ever read...