Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Released: February 21 May 29 June 19, 2020

JUST ANNOUNCED AT PSX 2016! I'll post the video as soon as it goes live! :D

EDIT: HERE IT IS!

lastofus2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Internet losing its mind right now over the ending and I guess aspects of the leaks being legit afterall. The review scores.. hmm yeah, please temper your expectations if you hope this game has the charm of the original.. because apparently it does not. :rofl: :cry:

Forgot this is out tomorrow. The first one got me back into gaming a few years back (about a year after it came out) and I replayed it when the remaster was a free download on PlayStation plus at the start of the year. Can’t wait to play this one. But it will be in a few months when I see a half decent priced version on the bay maybe or CEX.

going to avoid this thread and other spoilers until then

Early night for me so I can be up at the crack of dawn waiting for delivery of my CE! Although, knowing my luck it won't come until sometime in the afternoon anyway. :meh:

Doubt I'll be on the forums much once I receive it, so enjoy guys! I look forward to hearing what you all think and also sharing my own thoughts once I've completed it. :)

Fired it up just to play the opening before bed. Beautiful. There’s a bit in the opening 5 minutes that may be among my favorite gaming moments of this generation.

• Wow
Reactions: Noodles
Just finished this earlier today after not putting it down since release day (apart from when eating and sleeping, of course) and loved every second of it. A genuine masterpiece if you ask me, and the perfect title for me to retire on - don't have the time, patience or interest in gaming any more... well, unless TLOU3 is ever released. :D

Just finished this earlier today after not putting it down since release day (apart from when eating and sleeping, of course) and loved every second of it. A genuine masterpiece if you ask me, and the perfect title for me to retire on - don't have the time, patience or interest in gaming any more... well, unless TLOU3 is ever released. :D
Well after my reply in another thread it definitely sounds like I need to pick this up now after reading this :thumbs:

Well after my reply in another thread it definitely sounds like I need to pick this up now after reading this :thumbs:
I suggest you do, especially if you don't want anything spoiling! Lots of folks out there chatting openly about story details... I avoided the internet completely since release day and have only just now returned, which was apparently the right decision because I instantly saw a HUGE spoiler in the tile of an article and then folks also posting stuff on social media like it wasn't a big deal.

I suggest you do, especially if you don't want anything spoiling! Lots of folks out there chatting openly about story details... I avoided the internet completely since release day and have only just now returned, which was apparently the right decision because I instantly saw a HUGE spoiler in the tile of an article and then folks also posting stuff on social media like it wasn't a big deal.
Sounds like a good idea mate :LOL:I've luckily managed to avoid anything to do with this and only came into this thread as I saw it was your post and wanted to see your reaction to the game and kinda knew there wouldn't be any spoilers:rofl: I also said to my boy to not mention anything to me, he is forever on something gaming and normally would:cautious::spoil:

Think ill re-order it now :thumbs::happy:

Sounds like a good idea mate :LOL:I've luckily managed to avoid anything to do with this and only came into this thread as I saw it was your post and wanted to see your reaction to the game and kinda knew there wouldn't be any spoilers:rofl: I also said to my boy to not mention anything to me, he is forever on something gaming and normally would:cautious::spoil:

Think ill re-order it now :thumbs::happy:
Haha kids are the worst when it comes to spoiling stuff, because they get so excited and just want to share it with people, so in that respect you can't really get mad at them lol. There's tons I'd like to say and discuss, but won't for obvious reasons. It's a reaaaaally long game though, so make sure you have the time mate. ;)

HAHAHA Kids + Google is a fecking nightmare if you don't want to know something.

Oh, that's exactly what i like to hear, A game with time involved. I like to be able to get into something that draws me in :thumbs:

HAHAHA Kids + Google is a fecking nightmare if you don't want to know something.

Oh, that's exactly what i like to hear, A game with time involved. I like to be able to get into something that draws me in :thumbs:
Just a reminder that the game is rather violent and graphic and also contains a fair number of jump scares, so depending on how old your kids are you may not want to play it in front of them. But otherwise, enjoy the game! I haven't finished it so I'm not going to pass judgement on it just yet but I'm really loving the 20+ hours I've put in so far :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles and Robles
Just a reminder that the game is rather violent and graphic and also contains a fair number of jump scares, so depending on how old your kids are you may not want to play it in front of them. But otherwise, enjoy the game! I haven't finished it so I'm not going to pass judgement on it just yet but I'm really loving the 20+ hours I've put in so far :thumbs:
Yeah I tend to play at night really when everyone has gone to bed, otherwise I get disturbed every 2 minutes Hahaha.

Reactions: spriggan02

Glad to hear you enjoyed it that much. Haven't started it yet because my special edition was (I suspect) stolen by the courier. Should have another tomorrow and fingers crossed get some time to start it. Already aware of a few major spoilers but it doesn'treally phase me too much because once you dial down the noise the internet is making about it.. it comes down to execution and the only judge that will really matter to yourself is.. yourself. I don't expect to like it more than the first but then again I never did and really didn't feel the want or need of a sequel but now that it's here I may as well give it a shot instead of sperging over PRO GOLF - eventhough that element really does tick me off a bit. :rofl:

Ive put about 10 hours into it so far and im absolutely lovig it. I really dont understand all the hate on the internet over this game.

When i played FF7 Remake i thought that should win GOTY, after picking up this though i have a sneeky suspicion that this will.

I cant wait for the day when that happens, just imagine all of the trolls online when this wins GOTY:rofl:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it that much. Haven't started it yet because my special edition was (I suspect) stolen by the courier. Should have another tomorrow and fingers crossed get some time to start it. Already aware of a few major spoilers but it doesn'treally phase me too much because once you dial down the noise the internet is making about it.. it comes down to execution and the only judge that will really matter to yourself is.. yourself. I don't expect to like it more than the first but then again I never did and really didn't feel the want or need of a sequel but now that it's here I may as well give it a shot instead of sperging over PRO GOLF - eventhough that element really does tick me off a bit. :rofl:
Damn, that sucks! Well done for having the patience to wait a little longer though... not sure I would've been able to and probably would've caved and bought it digitally lol. Thankfully I avoided all major spoilers, so everything was a surprise/shock to me. Although, if I had seen one particular spoiler before playing the game, then I honestly would've felt a little disappointed. As I said in the steelbook thread though... watching it unfold for yourself gives it more weight and I can completely understand ND's direction. I'd say this is a much bigger beast compared to the first game... it's kinda like what Empire Strikes Back is to A New Hope. The first will always be my favourite for what it introduced and achieved etc, but the sequel is right up there alongside it!

Reactions: Last Lizard
Ive put about 10 hours into it so far and im absolutely lovig it. I really dont understand all the hate on the internet over this game.

When i played FF7 Remake i thought that should win GOTY, after picking up this though i have a sneeky suspicion that this will.

I cant wait for the day when that happens, just imagine all of the trolls online when this wins GOTY:rofl:
Hating on it apparently just seems to be the "cool" thing to do. Glad to hear members here are taking the time to actually play it through and judge for themselves though. :)

Im not even halfway through and Im loving this! Naughty Dog does it best. This is a completely different gaming experience, its almost like a movie experience and I love every second of it. Naughty Dog took it to another level with this one. From characters, to dialogue, story, score.... perfection!

Reactions: Noodles and Kizza
Damn, that sucks! Well done for having the patience to wait a little longer though... not sure I would've been able to and probably would've caved and bought it digitally lol.

Yep I was having anger issues as the days went on.. but I just prefer physical whenever possible. :rofl:

I could be really long-winded about about the 'controversy' and hate the game is getting.. but I'll try not to be. It all started for Naughty Dog with with a Neil Druckman interview about TLOU and also Uncharted 4 when people were taking issue with something he said. He said when developing the last of us he had a secret agenda.. that he wanted to create a role model female character that his daughter could play as. He wanted to a create a female heroine that wasn't overly sexualised.. and of course it's eventually revealed she's also lesbian in Left Behind. This 'agenda' annoyed a lot of gamers because quite frankly a lot of hardcore gamers are socially inept shut-ins who take a lot of joy in playing as overly sexualised females - designs that today remain more prominent in Japanese games while the western studios have started to try and avoid and it create more 'normal' looking women.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush here but a lot of the hate base are anime/japanese game fanatics.. who are resisitng the 'woke agenda' Naughty Dog is embracing with a more diverse cast of characters. When it came to Uncharted 4 they started crying about the character of Nadine and specifically the 'unrealistic' fight she has with both Sam and Nate - a WOMAN of COLOR beating up two white men. So it also started to descend into racism as well sexist attitudes. Since that point and the reveal of the leaks from TLOU2 a certain character has them even more triggered. Certain actions by the character and of course.. people also tend to believe that they come to OWN characters themselves andtreat them as sacred. When the fates of characters don't suit them.. they start spazzing out about how they've been WRONGED by the storyteller.

Right now it's just loud and obnoxious. There may be legit criticisms about the game and its story and execution but we won't really hear many voices like that for a while unti the intial wave of rage calms down.

Again I'm not saying everyone with an anime avatar is a raging racist bigot trump supporter lol just seeing the very obvious trend of these pockets of the internet with the pitchforks out for sure. It's also very obvious most of these people aren't even playing the game themselves.. playing and watching a stream of it are two different things.