Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Released: February 21 May 29 June 19, 2020

JUST ANNOUNCED AT PSX 2016! I'll post the video as soon as it goes live! :D

EDIT: HERE IT IS!

lastofus2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I was having anger issues as the days went on.. but I just prefer physical whenever possible. :rofl:

I could be really long-winded about about the 'controversy' and hate the game is getting.. but I'll try not to be. It all started for Naughty Dog with with a Neil Druckman interview about TLOU and also Uncharted 4 when people were taking issue with something he said. He said when developing the last of us he had a secret agenda.. that he wanted to create a role model female character that his daughter could play as. He wanted to a create a female heroine that wasn't overly sexualised.. and of course it's eventually revealed she's also lesbian in Left Behind. This 'agenda' annoyed a lot of gamers because quite frankly a lot of hardcore gamers are socially inept shut-ins who take a lot of joy in playing as overly sexualised females - designs that today remain more prominent in Japanese games while the western studios have started to try and avoid and it create more 'normal' looking women.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush here but a lot of the hate base are anime/japanese game fanatics.. who are resisitng the 'woke agenda' Naughty Dog is embracing with a more diverse cast of characters. When it came to Uncharted 4 they started crying about the character of Nadine and specifically the 'unrealistic' fight she has with both Sam and Nate - a WOMAN of COLOR beating up two white men. So it also started to descend into racism as well sexist attitudes. Since that point and the reveal of the leaks from TLOU2 a certain character has them even more triggered. Certain actions by the character and of course.. people also tend to believe that they come to OWN characters themselves andtreat them as sacred. When the fates of characters don't suit them.. they start spazzing out about how they've been WRONGED by the storyteller.

Right now it's just loud and obnoxious. There may be legit criticisms about the game and its story and execution but we won't really hear many voices like that for a while unti the intial wave of rage calms down.

Again I'm not saying everyone with an anime avatar is a raging racist bigot trump supporter lol just seeing the very obvious trend of these pockets of the internet with the pitchforks out for sure. It's also very obvious most of these people aren't even playing the game themselves.. playing and watching a stream of it are two different things.
Oh, I know exactly why the majority of folks are hating on it bud, and I personally don't have any time or respect for those people. If they can't accept the characters as they are (who frankly reflect people that exist in the real world), then that's their problem and the game simply wasn't made for them. I ignore most reviews/comments nowadays anyway (wasn't even aware a minority also had a problem with UC4), because I prefer to experience things for myself and make up my own damn mind, but the "controversy" surrounding TLOU2 has unfortunately been unavoidable. Like you said... everyone's just being overly loud and obnoxious for the sake of it at the moment, so any genuine criticisms are being drowned out - although I have seen a couple that accuse a particular part of the trailer being misleading, which is fair, but also nothing new when it comes to ND as they often like to throw us off and I personally don't mind that. Good to know we're both on the same page regarding all this anyway. :thumbs:

Reactions: Last Lizard
Oh, I know exactly why the majority of folks are hating on it bud, and I personally don't have any time or respect for those people. If they can't accept the characters as they are (who frankly reflect people that exist in the real world), then that's their problem and the game simply wasn't made for them. I ignore most reviews/comments nowadays anyway (wasn't even aware a minority also had a problem with UC4), because I prefer to experience things for myself and make up my own damn mind, but the "controversy" surrounding TLOU2 has unfortunately been unavoidable. Like you said... everyone's just being overly loud and obnoxious for the sake of it at the moment, so any genuine criticisms are being drowned out - although I have seen a couple that accuse a particular part of the trailer being misleading, which is fair, but also nothing new when it comes to ND as they often like to throw us off and I personally don't mind that. Good to know we're both on the same page regarding all this anyway. :thumbs:

It's not as simple as that. Sony tried to strike out anyone that posted inside information about the upcoming game, information that came from people making the game and a lot of u tubers who post regularly got strikes against them. A few of them took legal action against Sony and won and it doesn't help that people involved with the game have been unhappy about the sequel. I should point out I'm not into games but when someone like me gets to hear about it you know something is up. Sony scored an own goal with the Streisand effect and did themselves no favours. The damage is done now and at the end of the month the gamers will make it clear if it's a good or bad game. Let's see if the sales now are as good in a months time. .... That will be the test

Didn't want to give my opinion until I finished a second playthrough to see if the story decisions made sense when you know where they're leading, they don't. On a technical level the game is amazing, but I hated the story and seriously considered quitting at 3 points
Death of Joel, when it switches to Abby, when I thought I was going to be forced to kill Ellie
. The main thread that I found interesting pretty much got one conversation and a couple of incidental lines,
The whole game should have been about Yara and Lev IMO, I didn't care about anyone other than them during that part of the story and the revenge plot didn't go anywhere, Tommy had already killed most of them. It doesn't feel like they really had a continuation of the Joel and Ellie story that they wanted to tell, they should have just left them out. The world was fleshed out enough in the first game that a completely separate story could have worked

As a whole I wouldn't say it's a bad game, it's not like it's a broken, buggy mess that warrants the stupidly low scores that some people are giving, but the story really drags the score down and it's probably the most disappointed I've ever been by a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
Didn't want to give my opinion until I finished a second playthrough to see if the story decisions made sense when you know where they're leading, they don't. On a technical level the game is amazing, but I hated the story and seriously considered quitting at 3 points
Death of Joel, when it switches to Abby, when I thought I was going to be forced to kill Ellie
. The main thread that I found interesting pretty much got one conversation and a couple of incidental lines,
The whole game should have been about Yara and Lev IMO, I didn't care about anyone other than them during that part of the story and the revenge plot didn't go anywhere, Tommy had already killed most of them. It doesn't feel like they really had a continuation of the Joel and Ellie story that they wanted to tell, they should have just left them out. The world was fleshed out enough in the first game that a completely separate story could have worked

As a whole I wouldn't say it's a bad game, it's not like it's a broken, buggy mess that warrants the stupidly low scores that some people are giving, but the story really drags the score down and it's probably the most disappointed I've ever been by a game.
Good to finally see someone give legitimate reasons as to why they didn't enjoy the game, rather than just bashing it for the sake of looking "edgy" on the internet. Sorry to hear you were disappointed bud. :(

It's not as simple as that. Sony tried to strike out anyone that posted inside information about the upcoming game, information that came from people making the game and a lot of u tubers who post regularly got strikes against them. A few of them took legal action against Sony and won and it doesn't help that people involved with the game have been unhappy about the sequel. I should point out I'm not into games but when someone like me gets to hear about it you know something is up. Sony scored an own goal with the Streisand effect and did themselves no favours. The damage is done now and at the end of the month the gamers will make it clear if it's a good or bad game. Let's see if the sales now are as good in a months time. .... That will be the test
Who are these insiders and "people involved with the game" you're referring to?

Reactions: Jace88
Welp... Naughty Dog's long-awaited follow-up is now the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever. Selling more than 4 million copies in its first week! :OMG: :notworthy:

SOURCE

Yeah but almost no one is talking about this at all now compared to the high level of shitposting over the plot and 'mishandling' of Joel. I'm not saying it's not an issue to issue strikes for it and pssibly affect revenue for people but at the same time why anyone thinks Sony doesn't have the right to protect spoiler info from spilling out when it's their own multi-million dollar property before it's even released is beyond me - the leaks were obviously obtained illegally so why don't they have the right to try and minimize the spread of the information.

Also the game will obviously be getting a release on PS5 as well so.. I don't think they're really going t be worried about sales in the long run.

Yeah but almost no one is talking about this at all now compared to the high level of shitposting over the plot and 'mishandling' of Joel. I'm not saying it's not an issue to issue strikes for it and pssibly affect revenue for people but at the same time why anyone thinks Sony doesn't have the right to protect spoiler info from spilling out when it's their own multi-million dollar property before it's even released is beyond me - the leaks were obviously obtained illegally so why don't they have the right to try and minimize the spread of the information.

Also the game will obviously be getting a release on PS5 as well so.. I don't think they're really going t be worried about sales in the long run.

There are specific rules on u-tube regarding putting strikes on people. Sony broke those rules and had they taken it all the way to court they would have lost. As I said it was the Streisand effect and had Sony not said or done anything it would have blown over. There are also fair usage rules which Sony also broke as well. They may be able to complain about people using "copyright" material but they can't stop people talking about it and that's what they tried to do. They literally tried to gag anyone talking about it and that that's where they fell fowl..... As For Sales you won't know for at least 6 months if the game has lived up to the hype by gamer fans. As I said I don't play games and don't know anyone that does. So I genuinely can't comment on the game itself.......... I have no idea why I dislike games so much. Even when I was young I hated stuff like paceman. I could never get into games at all.