Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Released: February 21 May 29 June 19, 2020

JUST ANNOUNCED AT PSX 2016! I'll post the video as soon as it goes live! :D

EDIT: HERE IT IS!

lastofus2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I get the delay, but it still sucks... for me, anyway. Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in April and that's gonna be a MASSIVE game. There's no way I'll be done it now by the time TLoU2 is released. At least before, with this coming in February, I could've easily been done this by the time Cyberpunk released.

Oh, well. May not be playing this at launch now. I'm not one to juggle two gameplay narratives at once.

Reactions: Noodles and Robles
I mean, I get the delay, but it still sucks... for me, anyway. Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in April and that's gonna be a MASSIVE game. There's no way I'll be done it now by the time TLoU2 is released. At least before, with this coming in February, I could've easily been done this by the time Cyberpunk released.

Oh, well. May not be playing this at launch now. I'm not one to juggle two gameplay narratives at once.
Yeah, very much the same nowadays when it comes to these story based games, I really can’t be mixing two at once, shame that it’s been delayed and I myself can’t wait for cyberpunk to be released.
Ain’t gonna lie I picked up my PS4 really for this release but now intend to play most new releases on this .

looks like this will be waiting for me too, as cyberpunk will be taking up the little free time that I do have.

Reactions: tridon
They may as well just save it for a PS5 launch game at this stage... I'll also most likely be busy playing Cyberpunk in May, and no doubt they're planning to "remaster" TLOU2 for the new console anyway, as they did with TLOU1.

Reactions: tridon
They may as well just save it for a PS5 launch game at this stage... I'll also most likely be busy playing Cyberpunk in May, and no doubt they're planning to "remaster" TLOU2 for the new console anyway, as they did with TLOU1.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was being done concurrently with PS5 fully in mind to make the jump easier.. eventhough they've said the main development for the game was aimed at the base PS4 and not the Pro.

I'm not sold on Cyberpunk (just add 3rd person you stooges lol) so my chedule should be clear in May with a little luck.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was being done concurrently with PS5 fully in mind to make the jump easier.. eventhough they've said the main development for the game was aimed at the base PS4 and not the Pro.

I'm not sold on Cyberpunk (just add 3rd person you stooges lol) so my chedule should be clear in May with a little luck.
That's exactly what they're doing... it was the same case for TLOU1 - they throw the downgraded version out there to cash in some extra bucks, then hold on to the "remastered" version and release it on new consoles a year later.

If it was currently only being developed for PS4, then I'm sure we wouldn't have seen this delay.

Can't say I'm surprised...

Yeah, can't say that I'm surprised either most things have been held back due to the current situation and this was going to be no exception.

By the time it does get released it may as well go straight to PS5 :whistle:
The game would be a BIGGER hit if they released it right now.
...but they want pomp and circumstance.
View attachment 467372

As bigger hit that this would be if released now, can't say that I blame them for holding off.

A game of this scale and the hype deserves the correct type of release.

Don't get me wrong tho, I would have loved to have this now whilst if got all this time on my hands :LOL: :thumbs:

Yeah, can't say that I'm surprised either most things have been held back due to the current situation and this was going to be no exception.

By the time it does get released it may as well go straight to PS5 :whistle:

As bigger hit that this would be if released now, can't say that I blame them for holding off.

A game of this scale and the hype deserves the correct type of release.

Don't get me wrong tho, I would have loved to have this now whilst if got all this time on my hands :LOL: :thumbs:
They have a captive audience RIGHT NOW.
they would own the conversation for the next month.
they could charge the cost of physical with a stipulation that the physical game would be shipped later.
they are missing a grand opportunity just because of their egos. (Imho)

Reactions: Noodles
They have a captive audience RIGHT NOW.
they would own the conversation for the next month.
they could charge the cost of physical with a stipulation that the physical game would be shipped later.
they are missing a grand opportunity just because of their egos. (Imho)
To be honest, Yeap I make you right they could be missing out on the perfect time to get this out there while there's nothing else new.
By the time they do get this out, there will be a few others that will probably take some of that limelight.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I honestly don't believe the current worldwide pandemic has anything to do with the delay... they use it as an excuse, but I reckon it would've been delayed again anyway. They even said they still need time to polish the game - typical Naughty Dog.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Thoth
Well it really depends how far were they with the game to start with. I could see how working from home could affect polishing the game to it's finest since teams will lack communication and equipment they would otherwise have available in their workplace. I just hope this is not an excuse on top of another to have it released for PS5. I really want to play the game, sooner or later it doesn't matter, but I don't want to spend money on buying first round of PlayStation 5 consoles coming out. Unless it's a Limited Edition 'The Last of Us 2' console. Then I would feel bad for my wallet o_o

Cyberpunk will be a good contender. A lot of people are hyped about it.
yeah I think you’re right there mate, I’ve been looking forward to this for sometime maybe a little more than TLOU2
I'm still not convinced that will even see its current release date and am expecting a delay.

yep, can definitely see it coming and your more than likely right on the excuse front :rofl: :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles