Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Released: February 21 May 29 June 19, 2020

JUST ANNOUNCED AT PSX 2016! I'll post the video as soon as it goes live! :D

EDIT: HERE IT IS!

lastofus2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not finished yet but in thinking back over the first half of the game my only real major gripe with it is that I feel they've sabotaged Ellie's character and seem to be all about affording more of the humanist material to the other playable character. While it's inkeeping with the plot and how she's feeling, can't help but feel they've taken the core of what the first game was about and pulled back for a view of the bigger picture.. which enhances the world and its complexity but also diminishes what I think most people came to this game expecting. I think they had a lot of opportunity to have Ellie meet new characters (outside the Jackson crew) and wrote themselves into a corner with her and her emotions during her revenge angle.. the further it goes the less you like her (at least this is how I'm feeling) and I'm just hoping they'll wind back around and try to salvage that great foundation she had in the first game. I trust ND I suppose but I'm also nervous they're just going all in on their desires to dismantle fan expectations kick and dump a smug and absurd rEvenGe is Bad The End number on me. :sweat:

Not finished yet but in thinking back over the first half of the game my only real major gripe with it is that I feel they've sabotaged Ellie's character and seem to be all about affording more of the humanist material to the other playable character. While it's inkeeping with the plot and how she's feeling, can't help but feel they've taken the core of what the first game was about and pulled back for a view of the bigger picture.. which enhances the world and its complexity but also diminishes what I think most people came to this game expecting. I think they had a lot of opportunity to have Ellie meet new characters (outside the Jackson crew) and wrote themselves into a corner with her and her emotions during her revenge angle.. the further it goes the less you like her (at least this is how I'm feeling) and I'm just hoping they'll wind back around and try to salvage that great foundation she had in the first game. I trust ND I suppose but I'm also nervous they're just going all in on their desires to dismantle fan expectations kick and dump a smug and absurd rEvenGe is Bad The End number on me. :sweat:
That's something I thought was intentional/the point though... there's two sides to every story and when you're only seeing it from one point of view, then you'll always consider yourself the hero. It's not until we see it from a second angle that we realise maybe we're actually the villain. Definitely a very daring/risky direction they've taken it for sure! Can't really say any more without treading into spoiler territory, so enjoy the rest of the game. :)

Finished the game a couple of days ago. Amazing game. There were bits in the story that i would have changed the order in which they were presented but overall i liked the story. There were bits in the game where i hated myself for feeling a certain way about a character but i think that was intended by Naughty Dog.

I started a new game + last night. Gonna go for the Plat. Ive got every trophy except for the Maximum upgrades. Wish me luck!

Finished the game a couple of days ago. Amazing game. There were bits in the story that i would have changed the order in which they were presented but overall i liked the story. There were bits in the game where i hated myself for feeling a certain way about a character but i think that was intended by Naughty Dog.

I started a new game + last night. Gonna go for the Plat. Ive got every trophy except for the Maximum upgrades. Wish me luck!
finished it yesterday.. such a great game.. as good as the first one probably, which is one my favorites!
Glad you both enjoyed it! Tempted to go for the Platinum myself after I've now slowly recovered from the story lol.

Finished the game few days ago and I'm through my second playthrough on NG+ now.

I've been ignoring this thread and any TLOU2 thread since I heard spoilers were leaked. I managed to stay away from any spoiler on FB/Forums or news websites for like 4 months.
Not going to go through all 12 pages of this thread now, but man.. what a game!!

From my understanding, I heard the opinions are very mixed regarding the story.
For me personally? A real masterpiece. I honestly think the game went in the right direction here. I'm attached to the characters and the story from first game but I think this turn in the story we had to face in part 2 is taking the game in a good direction where we can get more without having to keep it dry and dull.

Opinion: If I could wipe my memory and play it all over again I would definitely do it! Loved it!

Masterpiece!

Just kidding. Didn't like that much. Sorry to break the chain. :rofl:

I didn't want a sequel.. now I wish I hadn't got one either. :thumbs:

So far so good, Im enjoying the hell out of this game. A brave move to go in this kind of direction, it makes the storytelling stand out and players are put in a position where they havent been before. Well done ND....well done.

Im currently on day 3 as Abby and I must say her part of the story had a lot of brutal action sequences (sniper) and also parts where I was scared shitless (hospital and building descent). And that score! Oh boy, been listening to it ever since it was released. Finishing the album soon, just as Im finishing the game soon :)

Congratz man! I’m one Trading Card away from Platinum. Somehow I missed it in the Hillcrest chapter. So next weekend when am off work.

Tho’ am very tempted to do another run and make it very difficult, as in turn off aim crosshairs, health bar, listen mode etc.

Reactions: Kizza and Noodles
Finally! Well that was a bit of a strain at the end :rofl:
@Noodles @Thoth @hatredhorror @CollectorEmtee @Jace88

Congrats man! :thumbs:

Congratz man! I’m one Trading Card away from Platinum. Somehow I missed it in the Hillcrest chapter. So next weekend when am off work.

Tho’ am very tempted to do another run and make it very difficult, as in turn off aim crosshairs, health bar, listen mode etc.
Thought I was doing pretty good at finding trading cards on my first playthrough, then once I got to the end and checked the stats I realised I'd missed soooo many lol.

Reactions: Thoth and Kizza
congrats.. I was halfway through my new game plus and my PS4 crashed and wouldn’t restart (first time ever) and guess what I didn’t have my saves in the cloud after initialising the console:dead:. I’ll start again after ghost of tsushima

OMG. I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO!

So I finished NG+ few days ago and managed to get the Platinum for it.

Man I felt emotional during my 2nd play through as well even tho’ I knew what was going to happen. Really like this game and I’ll start another run but this time will make it very hard by turning off all optional assists so the game lasts longer