Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Released: February 21 May 29 June 19, 2020

JUST ANNOUNCED AT PSX 2016! I'll post the video as soon as it goes live! :D

EDIT: HERE IT IS!

lastofus2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Borrowed this off a mate the other day and I’m about 7 hours into it. Loving it so far as much as the first. Excellent in depth story (so far) as expected.

I remember hearing that one (Or two) of the voice actors got death threats about something but I didn’t read into it because i didn’t want plot ruined. Can’t wait to see what annoyed so many. 2 big things have happened so maybe it’s that but I can’t see how it would drive anyone to death threats unless they are just weirdos. Although one is sad, it’s just part of story and development, I kinda knew it would happen. Well, tbh I had a hunch about the other thing but that’s fine in my book.

Below are spoilers on those 2 things

•Ellie’s gay which a) could see coming (had a hunch) and b) is absolutely fine in my book - maybe that’s upset the weird homophobes

•Joel’s dead - I see this happening to help create a good story. It was bound to happen. It was brutal and a really sad scene/ moment but it kinda had to happen as development and produce a decent revenge story. Surprised he didn’t die in the first if I’m honest .
I can see that annoying those weird serious fans who send death threats and get annoyed when a author kills off their favourite character but it’s just a story. Was obvious it would happen in this game.

I’ve just stared the part where it’s a flash back to 3 years ago on Ellie’s birthday so I’m no further than that
you like it so far? damn, you need help :D
the really bad part is coming :D

I know I'm late to the party but just completed this, a bit of back story;

I had the first game on the PS3 from launch but it came at a time where I was falling out of interest with gaming so never really played it (my OCD had made gaming difficult so if I didn't do something perfect I'd replay the section over and over again until I got it right and obviously replaying the same bit over and over again became boring so yeah I stopped gaming). Despite this my wife got me a PS4 and I got the remastered edition on that as well but again never really played it until last year...

PS5 hype got to me around that consoles launch so I started playing through all my old PS4 games including TLOU so I've been in the lucky position of being able to play both games back to back (bar a quick break to play through Mile Morales) and have absolutely loved both. Honestly I can't separate them, both absolute masterpieces and because I've played both back to back I'm absolutely gutted I don't have a third to start playing straight away :LOL::rofl:

Really hope Naught Dog do do a third (though at their current pace it'll probably be towards the end of the PS5's life cycle :()

I know I'm late to the party but just completed this, a bit of back story;

I had the first game on the PS3 from launch but it came at a time where I was falling out of interest with gaming so never really played it (my OCD had made gaming difficult so if I didn't do something perfect I'd replay the section over and over again until I got it right and obviously replaying the same bit over and over again became boring so yeah I stopped gaming). Despite this my wife got me a PS4 and I got the remastered edition on that as well but again never really played it until last year...

PS5 hype got to me around that consoles launch so I started playing through all my old PS4 games including TLOU so I've been in the lucky position of being able to play both games back to back (bar a quick break to play through Mile Morales) and have absolutely loved both. Honestly I can't separate them, both absolute masterpieces and because I've played both back to back I'm absolutely gutted I don't have a third to start playing straight away :LOL::rofl:

Really hope Naught Dog do do a third (though at their current pace it'll probably be towards the end of the PS5's life cycle :()
Can totally relate to the OCD thing... I have to explore every inch of each level, and if I accidentally progress to a point where I can't get back to an area I hadn't checked out, then I have to reload the last checkpoint or even the entire level lol.

Glad to hear you enjoyed both games anyway, just as I did. Also great to hear you're back into gaming, as I also am now. I actually have TLOU2 to thank for reigniting my love for it... played through some other amazing games following on from that and haven't looked back since! :D

The completionist OCD is why I also don't start a lot of games When I see it takes 200 hours to fully complete a game it really puts it off for me lol.

Altho' since Sony changed their PSN App and the trophies don't pop up in your face when you open the app I felt a little bit better about this..

Reactions: Noodles
Saw that the other day and downloaded the update yesterday, I've only ever played TLOU2 on the PS5 anyway so not sure how big a difference this patch is actually going to make...

I played it on PS4 Pro and it looked great as it was so really curious if I will notice the differences myself. Might give it another go when I catch up with current titles.. think I stopped playing it on Permadeath somewhere before encountering the Seraphites.