Completed The Last of Us (Season 1) [HBO]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Source: 'The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

lastofus_400x400.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Super hyped for this! TLOU is my all-time favourite game, and although I was open to the original idea of a film, I think a series would work a lot better.

@tridon I know you love the game as much as I do, so what are your thoughts on this bud?

I’m game. I was kinda excited for the movie that was going to be produced by Sam Raimi, but knowing that this’ll be on HBO has me feeling pretty good (especially with the creator of Chernobyl involved). BTW...

Reactions: DMD4k and Noodles
I’m game. I was kinda excited for the movie that was going to be produced by Sam Raimi, but knowing that this’ll be on HBO has me feeling pretty good (especially with the creator of Chernobyl involved). BTW...

I honestly have more faith in Mazin getting closer to the right tone than I did with Raimi, although it would've been interesting to see his version. Glad Druckmann will be involved too... if I recall, that wasn't going to be the case with the movie.

Perfect casting suggestions by the way! Jackman was always at the top of my list for Joel, and Dever entered my radar not so long ago with the amount of fantastic performances she's been giving lately, so I'm positive she'd do a great job as Elle.

Super hyped for this! TLOU is my all-time favourite game, and although I was open to the original idea of a film, I think a series would work a lot better.

@tridon I know you love the game as much as I do, so what are your thoughts on this bud?

Same. I was so excited when I see this announcement yesterday. I think it will work so much better as a series. Plus if it’s good we get more of it haha

Keep seeing this one being posted on social media and I'd definitely be happy with this casting! Glad so many agree with Dever playing Elle.

View attachment 464113

I see a couple of these suggestions but I’d much prefer Hugh Jackman. Doubt he would do it but that would be my dream. For him as Joel

Reactions: Noodles
Same. I was so excited when I see this announcement yesterday. I think it will work so much better as a series. Plus if it’s good we get more of it haha

I see a couple of these suggestions but I’d much prefer Hugh Jackman. Doubt he would do it but that would be my dream. For him as Joel
I actually meant to tag you in this as well as it crossed my mind last night that you recently replayed the game... forgot about it when I eventually logged into the forums again this morning though lol.

Jackman has pretty much always been my main choice, but I think that's mostly down to how his character was portrayed in Logan, and especially his relationship with the young girl... very similar to Joel and Ellie.

Reactions: Flloydo
I actually meant to tag you in this as well as it crossed my mind last night that you recently replayed the game... forgot about it when I eventually logged into the forums again this morning though lol.

Jackman has pretty much always been my main choice, but I think that's mostly down to how his character was portrayed in Logan, and especially his relationship with the young girl... very similar to Joel and Elle.

haha, no worries. Yeah played the remastered recently and it just brought back all the love.

that is very true. I’ve always wanted jackman since I played the game anyway but Logan definitely confirmed to me it would work because of how he looked, acted and his daughter

Reactions: Noodles
Another fan poster, and Nikolaj is quickly becoming my preferred choice over Hugh.

Kaitlyn Talks about being Fan Casted:

Nice! Glad to hear she's up for it, and even cooler to hear she's played the game.

Also... am I the only one who didn't realise she played Cassie in UC4? :OMG:

Reactions: kaw