Completed The Last of Us (Season 1) [HBO]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Source: 'The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

lastofus_400x400.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good first episode, the bits where they literally take lines out of the game felt a little out of place but maybe that's just because I was just looking for them

I will say that despite playing through that bit with Sarah on the PS3/4/5 more times than I can remember seeing it in live action still hit hard

Bring on next week's episode (and glad to see it's already been confirmed for 4K Blu-ray release as well, hopefully with a nice steelbook or CE)

Reactions: Flloydo
Holy f**king moly I’m speechless. Just wow

That whole opening scene with the escape was perfect. Loving it. What a great first episode. Hope they keep up the quality... and that depeche mode song!

“Kim you don’t have a ear on your f**king head” lol

Reactions: Noodles
Wow, that first episode was great. I had high expectations since it was from one of the creators of Chernobyl but I was totally blown away.

I certainly heard this at the end but I didn’t see it

Spoiler for the last 3 seconds of the episode

Another great episode. Anna Torv was fantastic as Tess and Pedro really embodies what I expect Joel would have been like. As a person who has never played the game, I’m curious what fans of the game think.

What a fecking episode that was, this is so living up to everything I hoped this show would be :drool::drool::drool:

Anyone still hating on Bella after the first 2 episodes is delusional and can honestly go suck a brick. Her speech and mannerisms match Ellie perfectly! Pedro is just a natural at this point in his career.

Something something she's not pretty enough blah blah blah

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I absolutely love the show so far. I played the first game over 20 times by now and even though I kinda know what is meant to happen in most scenes, I am still excited to see them play out the scenes. I also like the fact that it's not 100% mirror of the game and that some scenes are a bit different but the direction remains the same. I'm worried it goes at a quick pace and it will end too soon! I want more of this.

Anyone else bothered by the lack of wearing masks in spore areas?

I am not. I played the game for the emotional journey Ellie and Joel went on. This is just a detail that they chose to reflect differently in the show. The journey is the same.

Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles