Completed The Last of Us (Season 1) [HBO]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Source: 'The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

lastofus_400x400.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 3 just goes to show what an amazing writer Mazin really is. It deviated from the game so much, and yet still somehow felt faithful to it... dare I say, I may have even preferred it to the game version!
I couldnt agree more. As far as the writing and acting goes, episode three was the strongest thus far. Would prefer consistency with the writing quality across the season though.
To me, Ellie is coming across more like 'TLoU part 2' Ellie. Her attitude stinks and Joel is just taking it like a bit**

All 4 episodes have been really well made. Also I heard the next episode is coming out on Friday in order to not compete with the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Flloydo
Just watched ep. 4 - Felt short but I guess that's because I was engrossed into it so much that time flew watching it.

I really enjoyed the interaction and bonding between Joel and Ellie. Felt like this is the first episode that brought them closer. A bit bummed that Joel didn't lose his mind when Ellie used the handgun. To me that was a really powerful moment in the game from Joel getting angry at Ellie and then admitting he was wrong. And then there is also the scene with Henry which they chose to go a different route. Kind of makes Joel feel a bit more mellow instead of losing his **** in certain situation. But overall was a good episode and I'm happy to see the interaction between them getting better.

Holy f**k another banger. Honestly this series is just perfect.

Episodes 1,3 and 5 just wow

Amazing how they are sticking so close to the source material even down to certain things you do in the game etc but also adding so much more and it actually working. Like more back story to the infection, episode 3 as a whole and other little bits. Just fantastic TV

Reactions: Noodles
I know! Me too! Rather than seeing an angry Bill we get to see another side under the character he portrays in the game. I just want to go back and watch this episode all over again.
I’ve watched every episode (bar last nights) 3 times now.
That night, middle of the week and the night before the next episode and 3 gets better on every watch. They all do tbf even though last weeks was shorter

But we still needed Ellie’s and Joel’s bond to get deeper so it’s all good.

This weeks is savage In so many ways. Can’t wait to see it again

Reactions: GeoRattray
I’ve watched every episode (bar last nights) 3 times now.
That night, middle of the week and the night before the next episode and 3 gets better on every watch. They all do tbf even though last weeks was shorter

But we still needed Ellie’s and Joel’s bond to get deeper so it’s all good.

This weeks is savage In so many ways. Can’t wait to see it again
Same here, I've been doing repeat viewing of each episode before the next one hits. Will be catching up with Ep. 5 tonight to continue the trend :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
Just seen the two latest episodes today and so far they've all been really great. Looking forward to the next one. :thanks: I heard that Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey were dating but evidently it's a bad rumor going around because Pedro is friends with DiCaprio and evidently there's a 29 year age difference with his girlfriend. It's just a rumor though, you can read about it here.