Completed The Last of Us (Season 1) [HBO]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Source: 'The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

lastofus_400x400.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I played game long ago and don't remember anything much from it...
Same tbh. There's been certain things in the show that have happened and I'm like "oh yeah, I forgot about that part in the game!"

The bit I'm referring to though is...
When it's just Ellie and David and they're trapped in that one room having to kill waves of infected, until a bloater finally turns up.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
The show and the game were talked about on The Morning Show this morning and how much of a success the show is over the game. They interviewed the director and the editor and it was really interesting and talked about how much of a success it is unlike other game to movie/show adaptations there are like Mortal Kombat, Assassin's Creed, Halo was talked about and a couple of others. Very interesting. :thanks:

Reactions: Noodles
It's interesting how quick the show moves. It feels like they could make whole episodes inbetween each episode to show the world in more detail. Everything comes and goes so quickly. Don't know yet if that's a negative or a positive but I've enjoyed the show a lot so far.

It's interesting how quick the show moves. It feels like they could make whole episodes inbetween each episode to show the world in more detail. Everything comes and goes so quickly. Don't know yet if that's a negative or a positive but I've enjoyed the show a lot so far.

Yeah I tend to agree. Obviously with that it would require more episodes and with the history of video game adaptions that would have been considered a huge risk given how expensive each episode is. I’m just glad all the episodes we’ve had have been great.

Only just got around to watching episode 6, but I'd have to say it's up there as one of my favourites episodes so far too. Had a bit of everything in it and the pacing was perfect... same for the entire show tbf. Great to finally see Joel and Ellie connecting on a personal level too.