Completed The Last of Us (Season 1) [HBO]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

Source: 'The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

lastofus_400x400.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, episode 8 was awesome! A side of Elle that we haven't seen yet in the show. Does anyone watch the after credit bits after each episode, they really give you a lot of insight on the scenes that are acted out? :thanks:

My god that was good! They skipped a fair bit with Ellie and David, but I guess it didn't really add much in terms of plot anyway and was more just for exciting gameplay. Not sure I'm prepared for the finale... took me ages to recover from the game lol.

Reactions: hatredhorror
My god that was good! They skipped a fair bit with Ellie and David, but I guess it didn't really add much in terms of plot anyway and was more just for exciting gameplay. Not sure I'm prepared for the finale... took me ages to recover from the game lol.

Brilliant episode but for me but the game did it better, show felt rushed in comparison.

That's actually my biggest 'complaint' of the show, that every chapter in the game has been made into a single episode. Along with a bit of artistic freedom they probably could have done 2 seasons just based on the first game (or at least a longer season 1 than just 9 episodes)

I'm totally not ready for this show to end though, despite any minor criticism it's been brilliant seeing the game adapted into such a good show

Brilliant episode but for me but the game did it better, show felt rushed in comparison.

That's actually my biggest 'complaint' of the show, that every chapter in the game has been made into a single episode. Along with a bit of artistic freedom they probably could have done 2 seasons just based on the first game (or at least a longer season 1 than just 9 episodes)

I'm totally not ready for this show to end though, despite any minor criticism it's been brilliant seeing the game adapted into such a good show
I definitely would've preferred them to have included those missing scenes, and 9 episodes for an entire game like TLOU does feel a bit short. But, at the same time I can understand why they didn't want to drag it out too much... for all they knew the series could've been a huge flop, so probably decided to play it safe by keeping it short-ish. It'll be interesting to see how they approach part 2!

I definitely would've preferred them to have included those missing scenes, and 9 episodes for an entire game like TLOU does feel a bit short. But, at the same time I can understand why they didn't want to drag it out too much... for all they knew the series could've been a huge flop, so probably decided to play it safe by keeping it short-ish. It'll be interesting to see how they approach part 2!

Absolutely because if this season is anything to go by Pedro ain't gonna last beyond episode 2 at most in season 2

I do really wonder if they'll stray away from the part 2 story as just not sure Ramsey is strong enough to carry the show on her own

Absolutely because if this season is anything to go by Pedro ain't gonna last beyond episode 2 at most in season 2

I do really wonder if they'll stray away from the part 2 story as just not sure Ramsey is strong enough to carry the show on her own
Yeah, that's another thing... will they cave to the backlash the game received and change things up, or stick to the original story. Either way, I trust them and am excited to see what direction they go.

Nah I reckon she's got it in her. I mean she carried the majority of the last 2 episodes (7 & 8), and Part 2 will be a couple years away at least I reckon, so plenty of time for her to grow/prepare.

Reactions: spider-bat
Yeah, that's another thing... will they cave to the backlash the game received and change things up, or stick to the original story. Either way, I trust them and am excited to see what direction they go.

Nah I reckon she's got it in her. I mean she carried the majority of the last 2 episodes (7 & 8), and Part 2 will be a couple years away at least I reckon, so plenty of time for her to grow/prepare.

I wouldn't worry about backlash it's only from idiots like @tha_lunatic nothing to worry about there :rolleyes:

Season 2 may come quicker than you think Pedro said they may even be filming this year....