Now Streaming The Last Thing He Told Me (Limited Series) [Apple TV+]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Oscar winner Julia Roberts is returning to television as star and executive producer of The Last Thing He Told Me, a high-profile limited series produced by Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine.

In a highly competitive situation, the project, based on the Laura Dave’s anticipated novel, has landed at Apple with a straight-to-series order. Hello Sunshine is producing with 20th Television.

Created by Dave and co-created by Oscar winner Josh Singer (Spotlight), the The Last Thing He Told Meadaptation follows a woman (Roberts) who forms an unexpected relationship with her 16-year-old stepdaughter while searching for the truth about why her husband has mysteriously disappeared.

Executive producing The Last Thing He Told Me are Witherspoon and Lauren Neustadter for Hello Sunshine; Roberts, Marisa Yeres Gill and Lisa Gillan through their Red Om Films banner as well as Dave and Singer. The series marks the second collaboration between the married duo of Dave and Singer.

The novel The Last Thing He Told Me will be published in hardcover by Simon & Schuster on May 4. The book was optioned by Hello Sunshine prior to its release, and the company brought it to Roberts. With her on board, Hello Sunshine partnered with 20th TV, where Singer has an overall deal via Touchstone TV, which was recently merged with 20th TV, part of Disney TV Studios. The project was taken out to the premium marketplace, sparking a bidding war.

via Deadline

AP_19337107059200.jpg

Reactions: Actarus