Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: The Last Witch Hunter
Price: £18.99

11235758-1284359667966131.jpg

11235758-1564361145077856.jpg

11235758-1424361145421269.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash and luke98
I think this movie made more worst lists in 2015 than any other except maybe PIXELS.
Of Course they're going to try to make the steelbook look amazing... they have to try to recoup their money on the Video market.:naughty:

The artwork is certainly interesting, I have not watched this yet but obviously this will be around a while, definately need to watch this before I consider buying it, could be one I enjoy or don't, I know it has it's critics.

Lol no thanks, the film looks dog sh*t and that art is terrible

Reactions: harry
Film wasn't too bad, I like Vin Diesel, ssooooooooooooooo it had that LOL

artwork is at least better than that Ultraviolet piece of lazy S*%t!

£21.99...thats funny, I will either wait until FA do an FAC and get a better package or until it goes down to under £15, not worth it otherwise.

Easy pass for me. I liked the movie, probably 6/10, never watch again. Few decent (yet predictable) twists, decent action and CGI. Pixels was like 2/10 for me.

well its live for anyone wanting it :rofl:

I think this movie made more worst lists in 2015 than any other except maybe PIXELS.
Of Course they're going to try to make the steelbook look amazing... they have to try to recoup their money on the Video market.:naughty:

£15 or under and purchase but not at the price, film was a flop

just looked on rotten tom critics 16% audience 46% ouch
imho this only be worth £9.99 on a good day, quietly waits for the bargain bin price maybe 6months

basil :thumbs:

C'mon E1(and Zavvi) and surprise me with a lenti front to do justice to that image or failing that tons of embossing would go down a treat.
Price a bit OTT for a 1-disc package though :(
(. . . and another I've not heard of though can't be as bad as some I've watched recently such as "Birdemic").
Strangely VD's face reminds me a bit of late period Peter Sellers ("Being There" period") . . .
being there chair pic.jpg

Regarding the standard BD edition: I'd say that the black case is not best suited to the colouring of the artwork (unlike with "American Psycho for example) and the standard blue would have been just fine.

Busy back like "Into the Woods" though without the floating heads and yet another steel with a sword in the artwork - nothing wrong with that . . . of course . . . and some examples of sword artwork on or in steelbooks (all just fine and all fitting the films) are :-THE SWORD IN THE STONE, KILL BILL: VOLS. 1&2, MULAN, HERO, KING ARTHUR, ZATOICHI, WILLOW, BLADE 2, NINJA SCROLL, SEVEN SAMURAI, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, 13 ASSASSINS, THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY 3D, RUROUNI KENSHIN, THOR: TALES OFASGARD, KINGDOM OF HEAVEN et al.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but maybe a quick point about the content could be included here as it appears to be one of the few good things about this release (unlike with SPECTRE and others I could mention) . . . and I quote:-
"THE LAST WITCH HUNTER - Uncut on U.K. Home Video - Theatrical Censorship not present on DVD / Blu-ray.
In U.K. cinemas The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel was shown in a censored 12A version. Unfortunately the expensive ego-massage for Diesel was a flop at the box-office and couldn't recoup its $90M budget
. . . but maybe fans in the U.K. will give their money when they hear that the home video release will contain the uncut version without the cinema cuts.
It is now rated BBFC 15 and will be available on the 7h March."

Last edited: