Nintendo Switch The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Steelbook

I wonder, do people actually pay scalper prices of up to £200-250 if they are going to miss out? Doesn't seem to be worth that much. I think I would chose to miss out even if I had the option to pay £150 at this point, but then I have never played or collected a Zelda item before so my judgement might be distorted..

I wonder, do people actually pay scalper prices of up to £200-250 if they are going to miss out? Doesn't seem to be worth that much. I think I would chose to miss out even if I had the option to pay £150 at this point, but then I have never played or collected a Zelda item before so my judgement might be distorted..
I think the biggest issue is when the hype cycle really ramps up, which for this game will be pretty much between now and release since it's a small window, particularly when there will probably be a Zelda-focused direct maybe a month before release. Things pick up and some that may have been on the fence about paying over the odds begin to get desperate and start worrying if they'll be able to find it later on. I was nearly considering just trying to find the steel poster on eBay afterwards if possible and just get standard if the price here was around €130, but even just for that I can imagine I'd end up paying €40-€60 for that alone.

Well, it went live on amazon uk a little while ago at £109. I'd been refreshing every few minutes for days, so I think I saw it pretty early. I got to the checkout page and it just wouldn't let me proceed on desktop or the app, then after a while it booted me out and said its oos. Why do they make these so limited? It literally only benefits the scalpers.

Yeah, no where can keep this in stock. I only saw it because I've been refreshing search results for it on every site every few minutes for days while working from home. I wasn't expecting HMV to even get it since they're not big on games any more.

UK buyers might want to keep an eye on this link My Nintendo Store it should show up there when Nintendo UK put it up for order. You can sign up for an email but I bet it'll be sold out by the time the emails go out.

thanks.. do you know if the one in amazon IT will be the exact one available throughout the whole of Europe (including uk) or will it have Italian on the box, case manuals etc ?

its Nintendo's fault for being terrible at promoting these products. they just allow their product to be dropped on other retailers with zero fanfare/warning. they haven't even launched it on their own website. what sort of publishers launches their own product on their own outlet last?

not forgetting the complete shambles that was xenoblade 3 where they ended up launching the collectors edition WITHOUT THE GAME. not to mention ordering from nintendo seems to be the least desirable option as they pack insufficiently

thanks.. do you know if the one in amazon IT will be the exact one available throughout the whole of Europe (including uk) or will it have Italian on the box, case manuals etc ?
It's impossible to know for certain before release, but all the pictures are the same, even including the german rating logo, so it's most likely going to be the same in every european country

All Nintendo CE's are the same across Europe no matter where you buy it from, or at least that's how it's been for a long time.

Reactions: levi
I managed to grab it from Game the other day when it went back in stock. My suggestion for those that missed out is wait until 1-2 weeks before it gets released. Usually with Game, when they are about to charge for pre-orders there is always some that get cancelled. No point giving in to scalpers too early.

Finally went live on Nintendo store yesterday and I managed to get a copy. Looks like it's still only available to people who registered for an email notification, but they might have some left over copies available in the next few days. https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en/games/coming-soon (direct link to item doesn't work as it's only available to select people at the moment, but you can find it on this page).
The Collector’s Edition is showing as OOS when I check my pre-order link again, but the Amiibo is still available, so that will likely appear for public pre-order. Doubt the Collector’s Edition will

• Helpful Post
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
The Collector’s Edition is showing as OOS when I check my pre-order link again, but the Amiibo is still available, so that will likely appear for public pre-order. Doubt the Collector’s Edition will
Must have sold out already then, I did think it was weird that it was still asking if you've registered when the private link was only supposed to be for 24 hours.