Mediabook The Limey (Blu-ray + DVD Mediabook) (Koch Media) [Germany]

• Hello and happy early holidays from HiDefNinja! It's been a challenging couple of years for everyone and this site included. Please remember during November and December to click links on this site before purchasing from Amazon or other retailers like Zavvi. Every little bit helps and thank you so much for the dedicated support you show us by visiting!
Oct 9, 2019
Release date: December 5, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon.de - Saturn.de - Pretz-Media.at
Price: €22.99
Notes: Mediabook, + DVD copy , 20-page booklet

71H7ahgUWOL._SX425_.jpg
718n-NUxmgL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 9, 2019
The Limey
(1999)

An extremely volatile and dangerous Englishman goes to Los Angeles to find the man he considers responsible for his daughter's death.

Director: Steven Soderbergh
Writer: Lem Dobbs
Starring: Terence Stamp, Lesley Ann Warren, Luis Guzmán, Barry Newman, Nicky Katt, Peter Fonda
Producer: John Hardy

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
German: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles
German

Discs

Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD-50, 1 DVD)
DVD copy

Playback

Region B (A, C untested)

Oct 9, 2019
Is this the new 4K remaster?
I haven`t any confirmed information about it, but it seems it is the first time on Blu-Ray-release and the master was provided from Lionsgate. They remastered it from the 35mm original and created a digital 4k-intermediate. So I think they also used it for this release. I can say for sure, that Lionsgate is involved in this release, because the Logo is printed on the back of the Mediabook.

• Informative
Reactions: Futurhythm

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
I haven`t any confirmed information about it, but it seems it is the first time on Blu-Ray-release and the master was provided from Lionsgate. They remastered it from the 35mm original and created a digital 4k-intermediate. So I think they also used it for this release. I can say for sure, that Lionsgate is involved in this release, because the Logo is printed on the back of the Mediabook.
I mean, I'll still buy this. I can always swap the discs over if it's not the new remaster.

Oct 9, 2019
UK one is listed and has a confirmed 4K- master, but I think this thing with the 4k isn`t mentioned on every release anymore, because it leads to a misunderstanding to what the restoration of movies is. On some films it doesn`t make sense to create a 4K-master,
because the existing master hasn`t the best quality - so a 2K- master is the best compromise and also delivers a stunning picture, when made well. I think the labels don`t like the 4K hype, because they fear that they`re not selling Blu-Rays anymore when there`s no 4K mentioned anywhere. My my rule of thumb is only to buy newer films in 4k and these ones that have a ****** Blu-Ray transfer (like Christine or the Shining). On the Limey- release there are some critics that say it looks stunning and has a very good image quality - I will write something to it when I finally watched it. But I think this is not a release for replacing discs - makes no sense.

Oct 9, 2019
Is this the new 4K remaster?
I watched it today and it has exceptional sharpness and image quality and I think it is the new remaster - you can see it in the daylight scenes, that look gorgeous. Forrest Gump recently was remastered in 4k (with remastered Blu-Ray so I can compare) and also has many scenes that way and they have very much details. Here it is the same . Extras are Audio commentary (in english), Interviews and trailers. English subtitles are on board and the audio-quality is reference. A very good release and worth a purchase I think.

Reactions: Futurhythm
Oct 9, 2019
This seems to be the first release from Koch with english subtitles, all other ones I have (not just a few) have none.