The Little Drummer Girl (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.76) [Korea]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: November 27 December 15, 2022
Purchase link: BD Full Slip - 4K Full Slip - 4K Collector's Box (pre order September 19, 2022)
Price: $137.49 (Collector's set) - $79.47 (BD Full Slip) - $94.49 (4K Full Slip)

Notes: 4-DISC Blu-ray Steelbook with Full Slip Case & OST

937C8C2A-D83F-4192-BDB6-40CD5EB9D831.jpeg
39FCD1BD-E99D-4CDE-B186-5FE6431C6E22.jpeg
2576AE2F-ABA0-4845-ACB5-CCC7BC414B4B.jpeg
754C07CE-C7FA-4352-A5BD-FC145AF942F7.jpeg
5BB17835-CB57-41B4-BB4F-A4682F85F5EE.jpeg
65E2C13C-B98D-412F-80B0-356DBBC56BE2.jpeg
73FEB6F9-E588-48BC-B26F-18EEC9920134.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For the price, I'm disappointed the commentaries aren't subtitled. I'm assuming they'll be in Korean only so they're basically pointless to listen to unless you can understand it.

I can't pull the trigger on this, want the Premium but it's $186 shipped and the current currency exchange isn't doing me any favors.
Will wait for the Plain/Novamedia Winter Sale collab.

For those holding out. @Billy Talent @Flloydo @KarlieFloss

PA new post on Instagram giving a very good indication of the stock remaining. The translation here (I bold the part indicating remaining quantity):

[For preorder customers - autographed press kit lottery event] <Little Drummer Girl: Director> Blu-ray Preorder (pre-booked) event, director Park Chan-wook, and music director Cho Young-wook all officially draw a self-written press kit. (This is a lottery gift, not a gift for everyone.) The shopping malls are Aladdin, Yes24, and Plain Archive Smart Stores. Please note that the setting of the event target may vary by shopping mall. * Aladdin: Premium Collector's Box Purchasers * Yes24/Plane Archive Smart Store: One out of a total of three titles [Yes24/Aladdin Additional Supply] We have reduced the supply volume to overseas and distributed additional 4K full-slip editions to Yes24 and Aladdin. (There are only a few dozen each.) If the quantity is out of stock, the 4K full-slip edition is close to 100% out of stock, except for the amount of A/S left by each shopping mall. Please keep that in mind.

For those holding out. @Billy Talent @Flloydo @KarlieFloss

PA new post on Instagram giving a very good indication of the stock remaining. The translation here (I bold the part indicating remaining quantity):

[For preorder customers - autographed press kit lottery event] <Little Drummer Girl: Director> Blu-ray Preorder (pre-booked) event, director Park Chan-wook, and music director Cho Young-wook all officially draw a self-written press kit. (This is a lottery gift, not a gift for everyone.) The shopping malls are Aladdin, Yes24, and Plain Archive Smart Stores. Please note that the setting of the event target may vary by shopping mall. * Aladdin: Premium Collector's Box Purchasers * Yes24/Plane Archive Smart Store: One out of a total of three titles [Yes24/Aladdin Additional Supply] We have reduced the supply volume to overseas and distributed additional 4K full-slip editions to Yes24 and Aladdin. (There are only a few dozen each.) If the quantity is out of stock, the 4K full-slip edition is close to 100% out of stock, except for the amount of A/S left by each shopping mall. Please keep that in mind.

Meh. They’ve handled this badly anyway so I’m not too bothered anymore. And it would be the normal Blu ray I’d go for if I do. To keep the price much further down

Reactions: Real Steel
Meh. They’ve handled this badly anyway so I’m not too bothered anymore. And it would be the normal Blu ray I’d go for if I do. To keep the price much further down
Yeah. There’s a good chance the plain 2K will be available down the road, since it already has its own artwork, being given out as a bonus.

A Most Wanted Man and Logan Lucky Steelbooks are now available for 4 years without a price drop. Believer 4K Steelbook 2 years.
You could consider the 10-15% inflation these last few years as a 40% discount, because they didn't raise their prices, like FilmArena did on their older unsold releases.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
For whats it's worth, if you believe www stock levels...
Box, 33 left
4k, 103 left
BR, 66 left
What’s www? PA says the 4K Full Slip is almost 100% sold out.
From past experience, the stock numbers are pretty accurate. I think it's safe to assume they have close to those numbers because these stock numbers are based on what's in the system on their international website.

Reactions: Real Steel
On PA's Facebook page they said this release is the director's cut of the series and includes violence and, er, hanky panky that the BBC initially edited out.

Yes. I used the term hanky panky.
Thanks for sharing that, I found the post:

"Violent and sexual moments are now restored in this Director’s Cut as originally intended. Due to standards and practices required by the BBC and AMC during its initial broadcast run, some scenes had to be excluded. The Director’s Cut is also free from limited runtime. As a result, characters feel more interconnected, while the plot feels notably justified."

It's always nice to have the uncensored version. I'm a Park fan so this is great info.

Wasn't going to but now the 4K full slip is down to 80 copies or so, so decided I'd rather buy it now then pay double on evil Bay later on.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
i saw pa refill several times
so i wouldnt believe any of the stock numbers

Guess we can use this as a new test case.
But even then, it's only a guide...
They can just pull a bunch of copies any time they want for other stores or events.
The point is, I think every hates the feeling they're being fooled by false data, when maybe they're just trying to buy a little time to budget.

To me the most annoying behaviour from shops/GBs, is when one item is strategically held back, just to boost sales of less popular items, then the popular one you wanted 'mysteriously appears' again... Buy hey,, that's Sales...,

Screenshot_20220920-073455.jpg

On one 0f their posts, Plain said this was "native 4K", IMDb says 2K DI. (was shot in 3.4K) Not sure what to believe.

I saw this on their facebook.

“ * The Little Drummer Girl: Director’s Cut - 4K Transfer

We’ve described the video as 4K ‘Native’. According to the LAB tasked with DI, it means: NOT 2K Upscaled.

The Little Drummer Girl was shot in 3.4K(source). While putting the Director’s Cut together, the 3.4K source was slightly upconverted to 4K DI. A mere 1% of the show has been 2K upscaled due to CGI.

The original televised version shown by the BBC and AMC is 2K DI. The IMDB page states 2K DI, which reflects the broadcast version. The Little Drummer Girl: Director’s Cut is available exclusively from Watcha, a Korean streaming service and Plain Archive.”