Horror-Arrow-Limited Ed The Long Good Friday + Mona Lisa (Blu-ray Box Set) [UK]

jammyone

Slurped Ninja
Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2012
Sheffield UK
Arrow Video The Long Good Friday + Mona Lisa Limited Edition, (6 Discs, 100 page Hard Back Book)

Price £32.99

Released 4th May 2015
71ajeyJl-8L._SX342_.jpg

6-DISC SPECIAL EDITION BOX SET CONTENTS:

High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentation of both films, in brand new restorations sourced from the original camera negatives and approved by cinematographer Phil Meheux (The Long Good Friday), director Neil Jordan and cinematographer Roger Pratt (Mona Lisa)
Original uncompressed PCM mono 1.0 sound
Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY DISCS 1 & 2 – BLU-RAY & DVD

Audio commentary by director John Mackenzie
Bloody Business, a documentary about the making of The Long Good Friday, including interviews with John Mackenzie, stars Bob Hoskins, Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan, producer Barry Hanson and Phil Meheux
Brand new interviews with Barry Hanson, writer Barrie Keeffe and Phil Meheux
Original Trailer

THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY DISCS 3 & 4 BLU-RAY & DVD [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

Q&A with Bob Hoskins and John Mackenzie, moderated by Richard Jobson
Apaches (1977), John Mackenzie’s notorious farm safety film, presented in High Definition (1080p) for the first time
Introduction to Apaches by cinematographer Phil Meheux

MONA LISA DISCS 5 & 6 – BLU-RAY & DVD

Audio commentary by Bob Hoskins and Neil Jordan
Brand new interviews with director Neil Jordan, writer David Leland and producer Stephen Woolley
Original Trailer

100-PAGE HARD BACK BOOK [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

Featuring new writing on the film by critics Mark Duguid and Mike Sutton plus archive pieces, illustrated with original production stills

Last edited by a moderator:
Received an email this morning to say that the release date has been set back, and we should now expect to receive this set between the 21st and 23rd of May.

Si - if you haven't seen Mona Lisa you've really missed something mate. Very special film.

And, if it's any recommendation, a fave of Mum's and her taste in film was always very good :)

Last edited:
Received an email this morning to say that the release date has been set back, and we should now expect to receive this set between the 21st and 23rd of May.

Si - if you haven't seen Mona Lisa you've really missed something mate. Very special film.

And, if it's any recommendation, a fave of Mum's and her taste in film was always very good :)
Thanks mate, I think I'm going to go for this set so hopefully I like it!:)
Thanks for the pic @Noodles, looks really nice!

Reactions: JackRegan
The extras in the box set are very good
Blu-ray Disc 2 of The Long good Friday have some fantastic extended interviews

The Film Apaches is very good

Its a fantastic Box set

Reactions: hayemaker
The extras in the box set are very good
Blu-ray Disc 2 of The Long good Friday have some fantastic extended interviews

The Film Apaches is very good

Its a fantastic Box set

This makes me look forward to Arrow's upcoming Videodrome boxset. It's my favourite Cronenberg film and will surely be of a similar standard to this.

This makes me look forward to Arrow's upcoming Videodrome boxset. It's my favourite Cronenberg film and will surely be of a similar standard to this.

I agree the packaging and artwork for Videodrome looks amazing I have it on order already with Amazon UK but I may order it from Arrow Films instead as they ship to customers sometimes 2-4 weeks before the official release date and with recent orders from Arrow Films online shop they have been delivered with decent packaging protected with bubble wrap for steelbooks and box sets

Awesome Price for this, just copped it along with Videodrome for 24,99 pound :joy::hungry::woot:

Society was my first Slip from Arrow, quality is amazing. Need more of those in my life :oohyeah:

I got this for £17.99 last night (assuming it still ships) but looks like Amazon are sold out now. 3rd party cheapest offer.

I'm not surprised considering the price Amazon were selling at £17.99 was a bargain price and I would say a lot ordered at that price
It's still available from Arrow Video but It's possible when Amazon get new delivery of stock the price won't be £17.99