Multi The Lord of the Rings: Gollum (2022)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: 2021 (TBC)

The action-adventure game will follow the years of the popular J.R.R. Tolkien character after he acquired the One Ring but before the events of the novels and films.

qrzsiubzi12d1etwodux.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
My precious!

German video game developer Daedalic Entertainment unveiled its upcoming title, Lord of the Rings: Gollum, on Monday. The action-adventure game will follow the years of the popular J.R.R. Tolkien character after he acquired the One Ring but before the events of The Lord of the Rings novels and films.

"You already have that big conflict in the character, two voices talking to you continuously, which means there is a good reason there are decisions to make in the game: the Smeagol decisions or the Gollum decision," Carsten Fichtelmann, CEO and co-founder of Daedalic Entertainment, tells The Hollywood Reporter.

"We have the story that we all know from the book, but everything that happens to him before he appears in the book are the main things we will see in our game," Fichtelmann says. "We will tell the story before he first appears in the books."

Daedalic partnered with Middle-earth Enterprises to develop and publish the new game, which is slated for release in 2021 on PC and "all relevant console platforms at that time."

Gollum is the first title being developed in the new partnership between Daedalic and Middle-earth, but plans for further games in the future are in the works.

“Our goal was to present a storytelling experience. About four years ago, I caught Middle-earth Enterprises in Berkeley, maybe like Peter Jackson did 20 years ago, and I said we’re interested in licensing Lord of the Rings,” Fichtelmann says of the formation of the partnership. "After some negotiations, it was clear that the Tolkien estate looked for a company that was capable of doing something which is more story-orientated than some of the other products that came out over the last years."

Fichtelmann says Daedalic's goal with its Lord of the Rings projects is not to go "too deep into the uncanny valley" by making hyper-realistic games. "When it comes to shapes, colors, we definitely try to produce something that is a statement," he says.

The 2021 release date for Gollum coincides with Amazon's planned premiere date for its $1 billion Lord of the Rings television series that is currently in production.

SOURCE

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Yeah, it definitely sounds like a cool/interesting concept. I love LOTR, but surprisingly I've never played any of the games... this may have to be my first. :D
Same here Amigo :emb: I've never played any of the LOTR games as well :D

What not even Lego LOTR :D You guys don't know what you have missed out on :rofl::rofl::naughty:

But in all seriousness Battle for middle earth 2 was a pretty good game, had hours of fun playing this :oohyeah::whistle: but apart from the lego release, this was the only other LOTR game that I played.

This one does sound interesting tho:thumbs:

What not even Lego LOTR :D You guys don't know what you have missed out on :rofl::rofl::naughty:

But in all seriousness Battle for middle earth 2 was a pretty good game, had hours of fun playing this :oohyeah::whistle: but apart from the lego release, this was the only other LOTR game that I played.

How I feel at the moment... :sorry:
giphy.gif

:p

• Haha
Reactions: Robles

I don't think I was even aware that there was a Lego game! :OMG:

I do recall playing some LOTR demos years and years ago... I couldn't tell you which ones though lol.

How I feel at the moment... :sorry:
giphy.gif

:p
Make that two of us. :bag:

:rofl: Any of the Lego releases I end up sitting and playing, My two kids get them and can't be arsed collecting all the characters so I end up doing all the missions with them( well that's what I tell the Missus:whistle::oohyeah: )

It's actually more like " hold on kids, you can have a go in a minute. Let me just finish this bit for you ":rofl::rofl::whistle:

:rofl: Any of the Lego releases I end up sitting and playing, My two kids get them and can't be arsed collecting all the characters so I end up doing all the missions with them( well that's what I tell the Missus:whistle::oohyeah: )

It's actually more like " hold on kids, you can have a go in a minute. Let me just finish this bit for you ":rofl::rofl::whistle:
That's awesome! :D :thumbs:

Reactions: Robles

Haha nice! You'll fit in well here... we're all big kids. :D

Noticed a lot of negative thoughts from gaming community for it's only stealth based gameplay, yet am still looking forward to trying it. I think it's too early to turn it down and not much has been seen. Plus I really like the LOTR universe..

Noticed a lot of negative thoughts from gaming community for it's only stealth based gameplay, yet am still looking forward to trying it. I think it's too early to turn it down and not much has been seen. Plus I really like the LOTR universe..
I feel the same way about it, I want to give it a spin and see if I like it or not. After Cyberpunk 2077 I try not to listen to the community anymore, the haterz completely killed the game for me otherwise I would have continued to play even more. So I wouldn't listen to the community and instead watch trailers and gameplay and judge for yourself on whether you'd like it or not.

I mean, it's just a teaser, so hard to judge it based on that alone. That said, I like the idea of it being stealth based... I mean, Gollum is pretty much known for creeping around unnoticed, so I'm not sure what folks expected lol.

I mean, Gollum is pretty much known for creeping around unnoticed, so I'm not sure what folks expected lol.
Haha I know Mate :rofl: Makes you wonder what people did expect from this game with it being based on Gollum :cautious::whistle:
Furthers my reasoning to not really bother with others opinions when it comes to games :whistle::thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles