The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #100) [China]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: July 2024 (TBC)
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

53788032403_5561b6fd8a_o.jpg53790194273_11ffdfbd6e_o.jpg53788032408_c435ebd4a1_o.jpg53788135004_6fcc498e77_o.jpg
53727043630_6f127e3d34_o.jpg53726601846_e446d2eabd_o.jpg53788235835_91e64c22eb_o.jpg53789981366_2697683935_o.jpg53788033038_f75079b53c_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean mirrored them so that Fellowship goes first?
Maybe.
I guess this one just happened to fit what they like, because it was already like that, they didn't need to ajust anything.
Looks stupid this way though

I think these BS just made my life easier and my wallet happier. I don't like the DLs. Having none of the previous steelbooks for LOTR (except the fat green FOTR), I was hoping of adding this to my collection.
The OC is out of my price range, since it will be a one-time payment for all 3. IMO of all three editions, the DL is the worst. It doesn't help me that the backs align if the spines are wacky when put together :(
I might still go after them just to have at least one steelbook edition of LOTR, but the probability of me doing so is drastically lower. (not that anyone cares, I'm just ranting :p )

I like the idea of the triptych for the double lenticular. Too bad the meaning is not respected. Why put the return of the king first...
The one with the rings isn't bad either, will it be the simple lenticular? THANKS

I like the idea of the triptych for the double lenticular. Too bad the meaning is not respected. Why put the return of the king first...
The one with the rings isn't bad either, will it be the simple lenticular? THANKS
Alot of the Asiatic population read right to left, (and top to bottom) hence why to westerners it seems wrong going 3.RotK - 2.TTT - 1.FotR.
I believe it's meant to be that way viewed R to L.

Reactions: yeslek
The Chinese population mostly read right to left

That's a common misconception based on how the old (over 100 years ago) Chinese was written and read, and I assumed as such for quite some time, but one day I asked a Chinese friend about it and he confirmed that modern Chinese is written from the left to the right.

So the simple explanation for this release and the one that makes the most sense is the one Lenny mentioned earlier in this thread. Obviously, only Blufans can confirm.

That's a common misconception based on how the old (over 100 years ago) Chinese was written and read, and I assumed as such for quite some time, but one day I asked a Chinese friend about it and he confirmed that modern Chinese is written from the left to the right.

So the simple explanation for this release and the one that makes the most sense is the one Lenny mentioned earlier in this thread. Obviously, only Blufans can confirm.

I'm from England and I can confirm that the population here mostly can't read at all.

:cigar: :LOL:

All I wanted was the original posters on glossy, embossed steels. The original Best Buy exclusives with them have such shoddy prints, especially Fellowship, but I keep them for the discs with the old colour grading. Maybe Manta will have a crack in a couple years and finally do a perfect set.

Reactions: TheWildEye
Haven't got the hdzeta set and don't feel bad about missing them, and now this makes them like Gold standard. I was expecting Blufans to beat Hdzeta, what a let down.

Last edited: