Completed The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Season 1) [Amazon]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Warner Bros. Television and the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien are in talks with Amazon Studios to develop a series based on the late author’s “The Lord of the Rings” novels. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is said by sources with knowledge of the situation to be personally involved in the negotiations, which are still in very early stages. No deal has been set.

The studio and the Tolkien estate have been shopping a series based on the classic fantasy novels and their assortment of hobbits, wizards, and warriors, sparking a competitive situation from which Amazon has emerged as the frontrunner.

Source: Variety

lord_of_the_rings_logo_by_haleyhss_d6yi9hz-pre.png

Last edited:
They are still watching it because its really good.

I know everyone has their own taste in things. But I don't understand how anyone could call this series hot garbage.
I've watched a lot of movies and a lot of tv shows and even if you aren't enjoying it, this isn't anything close to that extreme of a review.
Don't worry about them... Marvel has melted their brains and given them bad taste :naughty:

I wasn't specifically talking about you btw, just people in general... or those I see constantly bashing this show on social media anyway.
meh, i rather think that standards and expectations are just extremely low these days with netflix, amazon, disney, etc having flooded the internet with their low effort, low passion, mass produced series, so that compared to all the other garbage out this seems like an alright series lol... but really this is abysmal compared to the lotr movies... anyways i dont really care all that much and i certainly dont bash it anywhere except here lol.. but a lot of ppl dislike it and you cant be all in denial of that and pretend its a masterpiece lol.. or the other way around: do you think it holds up to the movies?

Reactions: Noodles
meh, i rather think that standards and expectations are just extremely low these days with netflix, amazon, disney, etc having flooded the internet with their low effort, low passion, mass produced series, so that compared to all the other garbage out this seems like an alright series lol... but really this is abysmal compared to the lotr movies... anyways i dont really care all that much and i certainly dont bash it anywhere except here lol.. but a lot of ppl dislike it and you cant be all in denial of that and pretend its a masterpiece lol.. or the other way around: do you think it holds up to the movies?
Nothing will ever top the movies, and I never expected this series to achieve that. So unlike many others, I don't find myself trying to make too many comparisons to them. I'm just enjoying it for what it is and being able to escape to the world of LOTR every week, but I can understand why it's not for some people... except for the racists who call it "woke" simply for having a fictional black elf :wacky:

This is beyond absolute blasphemy, I'm glad Jackson got it right and isn't involved! To millions of people the books are more important than any Bible.

If we'd judge everything by the books i'm not sure if there would be half-dozen good movies/series....
I love movies and TV series so far is great. I enjoy watching it and time definitely flies.
Hope to many more seasons.

I never knew that. Thx. I mean certainly sounds ok. Let's just hope it won't downgrade in quality.
You’re welcome. The good thing is they have a planned plot breakdown. That improves the chances that the quality won’t lessen. If it has continued success, hopefully they don’t try to extend it if all they can add is new plot lines that meander.

It’s planned to be five seasons.
You’re welcome. The good thing is they have a planned plot breakdown. That improves the chances that the quality won’t lessen. If it has continued success, hopefully they don’t try to extend it if all they can add is new plot lines that meander.
Was not aware of this, but it gives me hope that it'll continue on track... nothing worse than a show that just wings it each season and eventually only comes to an end because fan interest/enjoyment fizzles out.

Forward - the LOTR Peter Jackson series is one of my favorite movie trilogy next to the Narnia series so I'm not really comparing it to that masterpiece. Outside of the Shadow of Mordor video games I've always been a huge fan of this Fantasy world!! Loved the OG GameCube games especially the 3rd Age and even had a blast with the M rated War in the north game.

2ndly- I'm having some custom made steelbooks of the series made if anyone is interested I'll help ya out!
Screenshot_20221009-120031_Gmail.jpg
3rd - I'm genuinely curious how this is getting 5 seasons? When Amazon just lost the film rights like a month ago to I think the Embracer Group or another parent company bought up the multi media rights to the LOTR legacy.