Completed The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Season 1) [Amazon]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Warner Bros. Television and the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien are in talks with Amazon Studios to develop a series based on the late author’s “The Lord of the Rings” novels. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is said by sources with knowledge of the situation to be personally involved in the negotiations, which are still in very early stages. No deal has been set.

The studio and the Tolkien estate have been shopping a series based on the classic fantasy novels and their assortment of hobbits, wizards, and warriors, sparking a competitive situation from which Amazon has emerged as the frontrunner.

Source: Variety

lord_of_the_rings_logo_by_haleyhss_d6yi9hz-pre.png

Last edited:
@Billy Talent ...and what would that be exactly?

For example Where is her beard? All dwarves canonically have beards, even the females.
They don't care about the lore, just race swapping for grifter points. This is not Lord of the Rings, nor is it even close to faithful to Tolkien.
I dont know if you read the books but they are very specific, I am completely lost where this overdose of melanin came from, dwarves lives underground how did they turn dark skinned?
Is there a bright sun down in the caves ?
XD

Next they will be fighting Gondor's nationalists and telling us that all elves are bisexual.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
They should have made a different group a new species or whatever, then you can easily jam pack it with a diverse cast.
That's when you got a good show going, that's what I would love to see.

I have also zero interest in this, as a huge Tolkien fan I didn't think that would be possible but I have no intention what so ever of even watching one episode...

@Billy Talent Dude, come on life's too short to get worked up about that kind of stuff.
This internet culture of complaining if something isn't exactly how you want it is ridiculous. These days if something isn't entirely accurate to its source material people throw a hissy fit.

We're grown ups (or I assume you are). Its fiction and entertainment.
Just take a breath. We haven't even got a trailer yet, just some photos. Save some judgement until you actually see a finished product.

I'm just so tired of these fanbases blowing up over nothing. Star Wars, Star Trek, DC, Marvel, This. It all feels so toxic now.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it's good to be passionate about stuff. But that can turn unhealthy when so much negativity is involved.

@Billy Talent Dude, come on life's too short to get worked up about that kind of stuff.
This internet culture of complaining if something isn't exactly how you want it is ridiculous. These days if something isn't entirely accurate to its source material people throw a hissy fit.

We're grown ups (or I assume you are). Its fiction and entertainment.
Just take a breath. We haven't even got a trailer yet, just some photos. Save some judgement until you actually see a finished product.

I'm just so tired of these fanbases blowing up over nothing. Star Wars, Star Trek, DC, Marvel, This. It all feels so toxic now.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And it's good to be passionate about stuff. But that can turn unhealthy when so much negativity is involved.

Ok I will wait to see the finished product it might be a complete surprise the opposite of what matrix 4 did.
With the matrix 4 I was excited and it turned out to be completely disappointing.
Maybe this one will surprise me ....HOWEVER if I am right and it's a complete obvious political sh*tshow I can come back here and post "I TOLD YOU SO" lol

But fair enough i will wait for the release and give it a watch :)

Reactions: kaw
For example Where is her beard? All dwarves canonically have beards, even the females.
They don't care about the lore, just race swapping for grifter points. This is not Lord of the Rings, nor is it even close to faithful to Tolkien.
I dont know if you read the books but they are very specific, I am completely lost where this overdose of melanin came from, dwarves lives underground how did they turn dark skinned?
Is there a bright sun down in the caves ?
XD

Next they will be fighting Gondor's nationalists and telling us that all elves are bisexual.

I got you. Own the books (LotR, Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales) Love them. But when talking bout fantasy, dragons, goblins, etc ... is it too much to have dark skinned dwarves and so on ?

Reactions: Billy Talent
I got you. Own the books (LotR, Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales) Love them. But when talking bout fantasy, dragons, goblins, etc ... is it too much to have dark skinned dwarves and so on ?

No I wouldn't have an issue with it if that was in the original books.
Even when it comes to fantasy certain things need to make sense.
If tolkien wrote about a species for example with dark skin or and dark hair I would not except them to put a white man in it.
A good example are the jesus depictions when they show us a blue eyed blond haired man playing jesus I have an issue with that as well.
Like J r r Martin writing about the Sands as olive skinned and dark skinned people with dark hair I dont expect them to put in some blondes.

I have issues with characters that already exist being race swapped or Gender swapped, if they wanna add new characters best thing they can do is create new characters.
When it comes to LOTR it isnt that hard for them to create new species.
It's just a lack of creativity/effort.

I'll just have to wait and see what its gonna be like, I love Lotr I hope this wont be another train wreck.

Reactions: Space Cadet
I know this is futile, but clearly you cannot know that ...
They are simply hijacking a well known franchise to box tick. They have no interest in the source material. I would say the way things are going TV and cinema is dying.. The writing has been on a wall for a long time... The major studios are going down a blind alley. Soon they will have nowhere to turn.

Well, it looks good, but... "Haven't you ever wondered, what else is out there. There's wonders in the world, beyond our wondering."
Did a 10-year old write it? Any writer knows that repeating and using the same word in one, or consecutive sentences, is just bad style, unless done intentionally for comedic, or parodying effect, or to demonstrate someone simple-minded, perhaps suffering from retardation.

• Haha
Well, it looks good, but... "Haven't you ever wondered, what else is out there. There's wonders in the world, beyond our wondering."
Did a 10-year old write it? Any writer knows that repeating and using the same word in one, or consecutive sentences, is just bad style, unless done intentionally for comedic, or parodying effect, or to demonstrate someone simple-minded, perhaps suffering from retardation.

Lmfao!! XD
I feel that sentence "what else is out there" is them using it to open the door for diversity cast wise, as in african dwarves even though tolkien was very specific.
Bisexual/gay elves, or elves who are cast out because they are mixed race I feel it's going that way to push their political agenda.
Knowing full well once you go "woke" you go broke.
But I am willing to give it a shot just hope they dont go that route.

Quote:
"Amazon bought the television rights for 'The Lord of the Rings' for $250 million in November 2017, making a five-season production commitment worth at least $1 billion. It is the most expensive television series ever made."

Production wise we already knew its gnna look good given the budget they were given.
However Story wise ....only time will tell.

It's "beyond our wandering," but your point is still valid. :) Would have been better as something like "Haven't you ever imagined, what else is out there?" Of course, that opening line is probably spliced together from dialogue from several episodes, so it's more the fault of the trailer editor than the script writer.

It's "beyond our wandering," but your point is still valid. :) Would have been better as something like "Haven't you ever imagined, what else is out there?" Of course, that opening line is probably spliced together from dialogue from several episodes, so it's more the fault of the trailer editor than the script writer.
Yeah, I was 'wondering', which of the words it was, but thought it sounded stupid, to wonder while wandering.
Maybe you're right about it being spliced together from a longer monologue.
Can we go back to "In a world..." please! I know Don LaFontaine died, but there are others with a similar voice out there...