The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Any updates on the available subs for this release? WB shop UK says it has really all subs you can think of (in my opinion), but bd forum only mentions English SDH.

I think if you compare WB shop UK and blu ray com details that subs are extensively listed: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K Blu-ray Release Date November 30, 2020
what is the bd forum??

why do you consider this to be an issue : it looks to me just like a kind of of full slip for the 3 steelbooks , what is wrong with that, just some extra protection for the steels

Not the same as the metal looking box with spacers between the steels. That slip looks like you might be scraping the steels against each other as take them out/put them in.

Reactions: tommyh84
why do you consider this to be an issue : it looks to me just like a kind of of full slip for the 3 steelbooks , what is wrong with that, just some extra protection for the steels
Should be against the law to sell steelbooks like this from a few years ago ...
1605357076780.png

... i.e. in a slipcase without dividers.

All slipcases specifically for steelbooks should the same or similar to this inside:-
1605357883209.png
1605358092207.png

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
So glad I passed on this. They look awful. Will wait for the inevitable premiums!
I've ordered them, expect i will get the big set that's due to come out in the summer
But I honestly expect that the steelbook sets will hold value and even if i lose £20 or so it means i'll have had these in 4k to watch so I'm not too unhappy about that. I may even give them to my mate for christmas next year as his wife kicks offf everytime he orders new steelbooks :shipped:

• Haha
Reactions: Steelselecta