Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 23, 2017
Purchase link: The Magnificent Seven
Price: £19.99

mag&-hmv.jpg

01-384437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool that one of the actors in this film grew up in a town where we catch and unload Halibut every year in Yakutat Alaska.

Just got back from seeing this, the missus really enjoyed it and I thought it was pretty good, the performances made it for me all of the 7 were good it just needed a bit more work on the baddies, besides Peter Sarsgaard the others barely got a look in or a couple of words.
I will definitely be up this steel, never enough a Western SB's.

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Certainly not a "Wow" steelbook but then again all posters that I've seen for this film are lacking any sort of "wow factor" (IMO) and this one is probably the best combination made out of the available artwork.
Artwork TBC but if they settle on this colour scheme then there's always this for the inside (although maybe a bit of overkill to have the characters on the front, back, AND inside):-

. . . and you only have to look at one of the posters for the original classic from 1960 to see where they got the idea of putting the characters inside the "7" (superimposing characters on other artwork also used on other recent steelbooks such as on ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST for example):-
magnificent_seven.jpg
upload_2016-9-23_20-31-12.png
upload_2016-9-23_20-33-56.png

For me the simplicity of this original poster is appealingly elegant and in the right finish with de-bossed title . . . but acknowledge that it's maybe too plain for most tastes:-

Last edited:
Not a bad looking steel... would look nice with spot-gloss IMO, but I'm worried the grey/silver will be bare metal. :ohno:

I don't think it will be bear metal. It looks very close to the Sherlock steels that were HMV exclusives. They were a type of gray but matte finishes. Here's a picture of Season 2 which has the same type of yellow paint splash artwork:

-1.jpg

This will be treated with spot gloss according to steelbook.com.

The Magnificent Seven
This magnificent SteelBook® edition is treated with spot gloss, which gives the 7 and Denzel Washington a glossy effect. The metallic shine from the SteelBook® case only comes through at the 7 and the splatter on the back. Using different effects on separate part of the artwork, creates the dimensional effect that can only be achieved in a SteelBook® edition.